12/19/21 Gameday Bills vs Panthers Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

48 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Why do people want McDermott fired? 17 years without playoffs, 17. He comes in and goes 3 out of 4 years and now all of a sudden we are too good for a playoff team if we can't win the super bowl.

4 weeks to go, great position to win the division and have a home playoff game for the 2nd consecutive year, and people want the coach fired. Christ sakes man.

For the record I wanted the Bills to be better this year as well, but hey they are still a good team.

Please don’t feed the trolls.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Panthers are conducting kicker try offs.  This will impact the game.

All two-point tries and all 4th down tries in red zone.  Will be interesting to see if this works out positively for them. Never know what can happen this year. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Everyone was freaking out about Josh Allen's injury so much and Sanders' injury was overlooked.

I didn't know he was injured until Wednesday.

Considering he left the Bucs game with an injury and that it was discussed after the game and on Monday, that's just you

It's not overlooked, but we have other WR.  There is only one Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I will put my reputation on this board against yours any day.

That said, I am rounding in the hospital all day so won't see the game live. 

As other have said, it would be great if Brown plays a capable LT today. Opens up all kinds of off-season options for the OL. If they throw Doyle out there to start then they might as well take JA to the hospital now.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! You’re dane bramaged.

Just. Go. Away.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I've got a bad feeling about this game. A hobbled JA behind this nightmare line on a wet field.

I think this will be the pivotal embarrassing loss that loses McD his job as the boos rain down from the crowd. 

So the crowd determines the coach??  Is this the Roman Gladiators?? 

I know you can only dream.  Thank god most people are much smarter.

35 minutes ago, finn said:

I'm a little surprised. With Carolina thin at defensive tackle and strong at end, while the Bills are very weak at tackle, I thought they would try to run it down the middle and limit the passing. Maybe they're thinking screens, slants and passes in the flat. I sure hope Daboll isn't considering another all-pass day. Even Allen can't cope with swinging doors at tackle. 

Not to mention he shouldn't be expected to run all over the field running out of trouble.

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

With the state of our OL right now this would be a great week for Special Teams to make a few big plays. 

On, and maybe we can get some sacks and turnovers.  It can’t be all Allen all the time.  

Newton is good for 2 to three turnovers a game. Can we start some special teamers at OL today??

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Jackass much?

Sure it may be funny or whatever the first couple times. But now its unoriginal and lame regardless of where it originally came from. For some reason people race to say it every week like no one knew it was coming.

Just now, Herc11 said:

Sure it may be funny or whatever the first couple times. But now its unoriginal and lame regardless of where it originally came from. For some reason people race to say it every week like no one knew it was coming.

Let. It. Go.

🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks

Aren't they missing a DT? 

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/panthers-place-defensive-starter-on-reserve-covid-19-list

Did he get activated?

Players on Covid list don't show up on inactive. That's why Bills only have three inactive.  Need to see an active list to know for certain.

31 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I will put my reputation on this board against yours any day.

That said, I am rounding in the hospital all day so won't see the game live. 

As other have said, it would be great if Brown plays a capable LT today. Opens up all kinds of off-season options for the OL. If they throw Doyle out there to start then they might as well take JA to the hospital now.

Ethan in Portland at work:

“Your doctor needs to retire. Hospital should have fired him years ago. By the way, hope you have your affairs in order.  Just sayin’”

• Haha (+1) 5