2022 RB Draft class looks pretty good

78thealltimegreat

Obviously if Zack Moss turns it around would be the best news but should he keep getting benched…

With KJ Walker declaring for the draft there’s like 5 top 2ish round kinda prospects 

Bryce Hall Iowa State

Isiah Spiller (no relation to CJ) Texas A&M

Zamir White Georgia 

KJ Walker Sparty

Zach Charbonnet UCLA

The Bills could actually get a nice Guard prospect cause it is deep at Guard in the first

Comeback with RB to get at least Moss

replaced and immediately upgrade the depth at two positions 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I would hate for us to burn a 1st or 2nd round draft choice on a RB!

I gotta say I agree, the op states they are round 2-Ish. I know nothing about college football, but I do know imo, it would be stupid to draft any rb at that point, unless it's a sure fire kind of thing.  I'm in the camp of fortify the OL. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

I don't think Singletary needs to be gotten rid of when given enough work to get into the rhythm of the game he does do good they were talking on 1 bills live that last week in the second half he hit a few runs and his average was (if i remember correctly) like 13 YPC and his average this year is near the NFL average.

Moss on the other hand not so good especially the way they try to use him as the short yardage back he's just not big enough to be that guy IMHO they need a guy in the 230 lb range that has some decent speed to him .

If there is a guy like that in next years draft they need to trade Moss for a pick and use it to get that guy .

• Like (+1) 3

From the little I've read and watched on this year's RBs I really like Charbonnet. Sounds like he can power through defenders, has breakaway speed and good vision, and can pass protect well. Reminds me of Henry/Taylor/Mixon. I'd gladly spend a low 1st on a player like that although I recognize that is not a popular opinion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

From the little I've read and watched on this year's RBs I really like Charbonnet. Sounds like he can power through defenders, has breakaway speed and good vision, and can pass protect well. Reminds me of Henry/Taylor/Mixon. I'd gladly spend a low 1st on a player like that although I recognize that is not a popular opinion.

He'll be available in the 2-3 round unless he runs a 4.4  Seen all his games and he's definitely better than Singletary & Moss. I think we'll keep Devin as cheap insurance but hopefully 3rd times a charm for Beane and RB's. Kenneth Walker I like too. He single handedly destroyed Harbaugh. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I’m not opposed to the idea of a 1st or 2nd round back if they can get a good FA guard and bolster the interior Oline with another draft pick in the first three rounds. Cap is going to be tight, so I’m not sure they’ll be able to fill every hole with top talent though. 

I feel the Bills don't have  many needs for players typically chosen in the 1st round with the exception of a Nose tackle type player or maybe a CB.  Assuming they aren't going in either of those directions and lets also assume the Bills are picking around #23  I'd propose they:

Trade their 1st rounder to a team picking around 5th or 6th in the 2nd round, get their 2nd and 3rd round picks, so Bills now have two 2nd and 2 3rd round picks

Or

Trade their 1st rounder to a team picking around #31 and get their 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks, so Bills now still have a 1st down around #31, but also have two picks near the bottom in rounds 3, 4, & 5  Could possibly bundle a couple of them to move back up earlier in 2nd or 3rd round. 

Could see them getting better return on value for interior lineman and RB

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Looks like he would fit in nicely actually.

"Hits the line with physicality and has the ability to wear down a defense. Can run between the tackles but improved burst allows him to run outside."

https://247sports.com/player/zach-charbonnet-46045836/

Edited by No Place To Hyde

Anyone have an opinion of Hassan Haskins from Michigan?  My guess is that his measurables aren't that great, but the guy is a beast, runs hard inside and outside, can catch the ball, gets tons of yards after contact and comes up large in the biggest moments.  He doesn't appear to have any issues with ball security.  If anyone saw the Michigan-Ohio State game, he had 28 carries for 169 yards and 5 TDs on a cold, bad weather day against a higher-ranked, favored opponent and his team's biggest rival.  A couple of years ago, he had a huge day in similar conditions against Notre Dame (again, he came up big in a big game against a major rival on the big stage).  I'd love to see him in a Bills uniform next year.  I guess he can be had with a mid or late round pick.

Edited by msw2112

2023 is VASTLY better. 

As much as I despise Singletary and now Moss and we clearly need an upgrade, just look at the Steelers. They added one of the best RB's in the last number of drafts in Najee and they STILL have trouble running the ball. 

Its all about oline and we need some big upgrades especially in the middle. 

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Don't know. Jonathan Taylor would look pretty good in a Bills uniform right about now. Assuming we had a competent O line of course.

Or Nick Chubb, or JK Dobbins, or Javonte Williams or DeAndre Swift etc.  2nd round is a great spot for a big star back

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

There are absolutely zero 1st round worthy RB's. I would have no problem with Walker or Charbonnet as long as they're no slower than 4.55

We need to make Scherff our big FA and draft a G in the first.

They said the same about Jonathan Taylor and I guarantee if there was a draft do over many teams would select Taylor in rd 1. 

• Agree 3

Sign an IOL in FA, and then draft an IOL in the 1st and I’m fine taking a RB in the 2nd.  

Singletary can stay.  He’s average at everything except the one thing our OL hasn’t provided him… getting into the second level/space.   If that changes, he will turn a lot of 6-8 yard runs into 12-15 yards.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Concentrate on the OL in the off-season.  Going to need at least a new starting C and LG.

Remember when the Broncos could put in guys you’d never heard of and they would tear it up? The RB needs talent, but they absolutely need some room to run. 

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Obviously if Zack Moss turns it around would be the best news but should he keep getting benched…

With KJ Walker declaring for the draft there’s like 5 top 2ish round kinda prospects 

Bryce Hall Iowa State

Zamir White Georgia 

KJ Walker Sparty

Zach Charbonnet UCLA

The Bills could actually get a nice Guard prospect cause it is deep at Guard in the first

Here’s the thing…so what if he’s related to CJ?  Is there anyone here right now that wouldn’t take CJ Spiller in the backfield right now?

Biggest thing I'd like to see as an addition to our backfield is a true short yardage back.  Signed or drafted but someone who tips the scales at over 220.  Singletary is great between the 20s and with a better line he might be able to find the end zone but I'd still like a power back.  Even if we still throw or let Josh run on 3rd and 4 just having a bigger threat in short yardage might open up play action or we could hand it off and have someone who can actually move the pile.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Actually, I just watched a little bit of each RB, and they ALL look better than what we have on the roster...I’d be happy with any of them...👍

Edited by JaCrispy

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bryce Hall Iowa State

Zamir White Georgia 

KJ Walker Sparty

Zach Charbonnet UCLA

I disagree.  If you want a talent like Harris , a true. 3 down talent , you should quit bargain shopping or worrying about taking a rb in the Firestone round.  You need a major talent up grade as you have motor and that’s it.  Get a young guy Allen can grow with.  We’ve seen the mistakes made by waiting and then talent becomes similar; get someone who stands out.  Guards are rarely valued as it’s round talent as there are so many more of them coming out.  Centers/ tackles are first round material but we’re not looking for that and it’s better to go,FA route for lineman.   Look, we had good late round talent and we gave it away or it was taken.

Quit bargain shopping, it has obvious results ; get young lineman with some experience.  We have made many bad choices drafting lineman.  Mike Williams stands out, and we gave Teller away , so it tells you our staff has issues identifying lkne talent. Morse , our best is second best lineman was not our draft pick.   We hit on Brown late , so that shows line talent can be picked up in later rounds and developed. With backs, you can’t teach size, speed, vision, and I sound grab back talent quickly.  We need a good back, line play can be improved by proper coaching , ask John Fina!  Kc, Pittsburgh, Ravens, all qualityrunni;g teams drafted good backs early. We need to preserve Allen before he has a career threatening injury.  He was not drafted because of his rinning, he was drafted for leadership,and his unique arm atrength.  One 100 yard game and he came very close to missing games or more. 

we will be drafting in the mid - late first round.  Perfect place to grab RB talent.  We are a run game away fro a good offense.  Much harder to find a true 3 down back to diversify the o and make it harder on defenses to key on , than find a couple of serviceable guards that csn be trained with good o line. coaching.  ( Fina has discussed that=our line is not terrible, but inconsistent with technique and that makes sense ). Again , tackles are different.  , but we have those. Let’s get the missing piece for Allen before we lose him. I get a premiere back and this o can become what it’s supposed too. Get one as soon as you can. Guards are much easier to find plus would be better to get a couple of good FA because two rookie guards sounds like an o line mess for a year. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, T master said:

I don't think Singletary needs to be gotten rid of when given enough work to get into the rhythm of the game he does do good they were talking on 1 bills live that last week in the second half he hit a few runs and his average was (if i remember correctly) like 13 YPC and his average this year is near the NFL average.

Moss on the other hand not so good especially the way they try to use him as the short yardage back he's just not big enough to be that guy IMHO they need a guy in the 230 lb range that has some decent speed to him .

If there is a guy like that in next years draft they need to trade Moss for a pick and use it to get that guy .

Unfortunately I don't think moss is tradeable. Not for anything meaningful at least. I do not like the idea of using first 2 picks on an rb. I'd personally like to see guard, LB, cb, 1 tech or a big bodied reciever. I could be convinced for a great talent at rb in the 3rd, especially speed and good hands. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Looks like he would fit in nicely actually.

"Hits the line with physicality and has the ability to wear down a defense. Can run between the tackles but improved burst allows him to run outside."

https://247sports.com/player/zach-charbonnet-46045836/

I want to see the word physicality in every pick's scouting report, regardless of position.   Should be Beane's focus.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.