Josh in a boot after Tampa game (now says he's "good to go", no effects)

Bakin

34 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Problem is the Bills can't afford to lose another game before the Patriots game. Patriots game is a toss up. That kind of makes the Panthers a must win. Had the Bills pulled out a victory today they could afford to still lose two more and make the playoffs. As it is, they can only afford to lose one. 

You don’t think Trubisky could win that game for you? I mean the Panthers O is awful but their D can be scary good at times.

Chris Mortensen

@mortreport

Bills QB Josh Allen will have MRI on left foot and ankle Monday after his courageous performance in the OT loss to the Bucs. The Bills are hopeful but expect Mitchell Trubisky to get some reps in practice as they have vital 4-game run to finish season, starting w Panthers.

7 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Chris Mortensen

@mortreport

Bills QB Josh Allen will have MRI on left foot and ankle Monday after his courageous performance in the OT loss to the Bucs. The Bills are hopeful but expect Mitchell Trubisky to get some reps in practice as they have vital 4-game run to finish season, starting w Panthers.

I was so impressed by Allen almost willing the Bills to victory. He seemed to ignite the D to play better as well.. the injury definitely slowed him in the game.. way way to many QB Draws and way to many hard hits on him this game. If I’m the owner I am thinking “why is my star QB being abused like a pinyata?” 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, In Summary said:

Having Allen run to cover for a barely there running game will shorten his career. Pegula needs to be clear about priorities in the off-season. 

Disagree with that.  I know he did a lot of running today and then got dinged up, but there is no real correlation b/w running more and getting hurt more. 

He could get just as injured in the backfield throwing the ball or being sacked, or being stepped on by his own lineman, or God knows what else.

Josh's ability to run is one of the best things we do.  If you choose to leave that tool in the tool box, you make us much less effective team.

We almost pulled off that comeback tonight precisely because Josh was THROWING and RUNNING like a maniac! 

23 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I was so impressed by Allen almost willing the Bills to victory. He seemed to ignite the D to play better as well.. the injury definitely slowed him in the game.. way way to many QB Draws and way to many hard hits on him this game. If I’m the owner I am thinking “why is my star QB being abused like a pinyata?” 

Yea there was one called qb after the injury where I was scratching my head…I’m sure he was telling coaches he was fine he’s a tough sob

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 97bills said:

This is why I pray Allen makes it through the year without serious injuries, and we fix the oline and get a running back. I don’t mind Allen running to extend plays or a short first down, but he can’t be our running back #1 

I'm convinced they draft a RB high and go OL. 

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

Didn't they call at least one designed run for him after the injury too? Yikes. Hope it's not serious. Get well soon, Josh.

Yes, they did.  Morse said Allen was still calling for QB runs after the injury, even though he was in a lot of pain

FWIW, David Chao (the “ProFootballDoc” injury analysis guy) says he doesn’t expect Allen to miss time

https://sicscore.com/nfl/updates/josh-allen-injures-left-ankleleft-big-toe-shouldnt-lead-to-absence

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

Cam Newton lost years off his career and is completely broken from the punishment he took over his career.

Josh is on the same trajectory 

No. I get the size/running comparison, but Josh aced his wonderlic, Cam just put his ‘mark’ on it..

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, they did.  Morse said Allen was still calling for QB runs after the injury, even though he was in a lot of pain

FWIW, David Chao (the “ProFootballDoc” injury analysis guy) says he doesn’t expect Allen to miss time

https://sicscore.com/nfl/updates/josh-allen-injures-left-ankleleft-big-toe-shouldnt-lead-to-absence

Thanks Hap. Cautiously optimistic.

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

You don’t think Trubisky could win that game for you? I mean the Panthers O is awful but their D can be scary good at times.

He could but our backs are up against the wall at this point. It's a must win until we can get past the next two games 2-0. Exit the Patriots game with only 6 losses and then we have some breathing room with two games left. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

No. I get the size/running comparison, but Josh aced his wonderlic, Cam just put his ‘mark’ on it..

Thanks Hap. Cautiously optimistic.

It seems to me that what’s “sunk” Cam is his shoulder is all messed up and he can’t throw any more.

Not sure what a better Wonderlic has to do with that?  

Josh is already playing with a steel plate and a bunch of bolts in his right shoulder

Which actually, come to think of it, has me wondering how they give him an MRI.  Hmmmm.

I won’t lie to ya though: I went looking for ProFootballDoc and BangedUpBills take because my heart was in my throat, and I still kind of have a sick feeling in my stomach over it.

But again, given what our line is like, I’m not entirely sure Josh is safer trying to throw from the pocket

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Josh runs smartly. Cam runs recklessly, believing he is invincible. 
It’s that Big muscle ‘tween the ears.

I see your point now.

I would like to believe you.  But we’ve both seen the film of Josh stiff-arming guys and running back into the center of the field.  Josh can be a wild man out there.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Way to protect your bosses’ quarter-billion investment McBeane…

Why we need legit 3 down backs , not Allen running for 100 yards!  Man, he had quite a game; he was all heart on top of talent today. Most I have ever seen one player carry a team!  We at least have a quality franchise qb!  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Why we need legit 3 down backs , not Allen running for 100 yards!  Man, he had quite a game; he was all heart on top of talent today. Most I have ever seen one player carry a team!  We at least have a quality franchise qb!  

Agreed, @DrPJax provided we don’t break him.

We made 0 attempts to run the ball with a running back in the first half.

Zero.

None.

Check it out - scroll down to “First Half Summary

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agreed, @DrPJax provided we don’t break him.

We made 0 attempts to run the ball with a running back in the first half.

Zero.

None.

Check it out - scroll down to “First Half Summary

I know!  It’s unbelievable!  How does Mcd allow Daboll to keep doing crazy stuff like that , esp if he want to have a long career as the head coach?  Regardless of the great comeback , can’t forget how bad the offensive game planning was that first half. Finally opened things up when motor hit on a couple of runs and Allen was running so well, but as you said , NO runs by a RB is hard to forgive. I think this is the last year of Daboll; great talent at qb but you have to have balance. Brady didn’t do all that stuff today by himself. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

That’s a stretch. Josh should be running even if he was playing behind a better line. Less injuries to QB happen on scrambles than do from hits in the pocket. 

That’s probably true, but there’s a difference between injuries and wear and tear. QB’s get a lot of wear and tear from running. The most vicious hits take place in the pocket, but running adds another element of danger. There’s a reason backs have such short careers. Most running QB’s have burned out early as well. 

Allen should only be used like that in the Playoffs.  

Once again, our lack of running game and OL issues continue to derail our season.  

We can start Mitch and hope for the best against Carolina, but we have no room for error.   We’re in the 7 spot due to a logjam.. looking at the playoff machine, there’s a reasonable scenario where we beat Carolina and still go into the Patriots game on the outside looking in. 

It will all sort itself out if we win out, but that shows how dire of a situation we put ourselves in. 

Until things are confirmed, the picture doesn’t mean *****. I fully guarantee Josh will be playing next Sunday. Guys got heart and he’s tough as nails. He really is starting to remind me of Kelly and Marino. Even injured you couldn’t keep them off the field. Beane really and I mean really needs to address the O line and Running game during the off season. Maybe even go for another WR. 

• Agree 1

They could probably beat the Panthers at home with Trubisky if they had to. I hope Josh is healthy enough to play but if they have to go with Mitch it wouldn't be the end of the world here. They absolutely have no shot at beating the Pats in Foxborough without Allen however.

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

That’s probably true, but there’s a difference between injuries and wear and tear. QB’s get a lot of wear and tear from running. The most vicious hits take place in the pocket, but running adds another element of danger. There’s a reason backs have such short careers. Most running QB’s have burned out early as well. 

True, and I think we have already seen Josh’s game evolve and I believe it will continue to do so. It’s nice to have his running ability as an option in games like yesterday. For this year, this offense is best when Josh gets 3-5 sweep calls against teams who are stout in the middle but weak in the edge against the run. Most of the time Josh can get the edge and get out of bounds. Yesterday when Josh got injured it was him going for everything he could get. He doesn’t do that very often anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

I mean they inexcusably traded maybe the best guard in football for a 6th rd pick and for some reason deiced Quinton Spain was not good enough after an all pro season. 

He was not "maybe the best guard" when he was traded.

And Quittin' Spain pretended to get injury on plane because he was not going to start against his old team after being inactive for a game.

You are exaggerating to make a point.

7 hours ago, mannc said:

Can’t put Josh out there next week if he’s not right.  This is why we signed Trubisky…he absolutely should be able to beat Carolina.

You sure about that? We have 4 games left and we haven't clinched a playoff spot. I kinda think the opposite. If Allen can go, play him until we clinch a spot, then maybe rest him if possible before the playoffs start 

6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This boot is becoming larger and larger all morning long

In Cleveland its a knee high leg brace, in Baltimore full leg cast

Piffle.  If I recall correctly, Bledsoe performed as Bills QB in a full body cast.  Or maybe he just ran like it...🤔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This team is a paper tiger and Allen is the only thing keeping this team from being a complete disaster. The team can only run the football effectively when the other team is completely playing the pass. Then Singletary can rip off 8-9 yard runs. As soon as it is 3rd and 2 or less or we need to run to close out a game, then our running backs become useless. Allen has to use his legs on this team on designed runs and scramble plays just to try and keep opposing defenses somewhat honest. McDermott and Beane put together a team they thought could win a Super Bowl and we might not even make the playoffs. Allen has so much pressure to perform in the air and running that when he is just average, we can't move the ball with our running backs. This o-line and rb room is subpar and certainly not playoff caliber. 

• Agree 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.