McDermott Era Should End!

Wizard

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He’d be on the list of people I’d consider replacing Daboll with. 

For sure. I think he holds out for another HC job though. 

I don't think Sean's going anywhere. But I don't think anything should be off the table to talk about. 

• Disagree 1

27 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

What do you mean by outside his comfort zone? Are you suggesting he take over the offensive play calling? 

Make adjustments during the game would be a big start  Yeah maybe he needs to give daboll and Frazier more input He's had that headset on in games before for the defense Maybe play Breida  Think we know by now behind this line Singeltary and Moss can only run between the tackles and only if a hole is there

Frankly I didnt like Mcdermott putting all of last weeks loss on execution  Yeah he's right we got zippo out of a few red zone visits But the defense should have adjusted much earlier to the Pats abandoning thoughts of passing and he could have gone heavier on def personell to match up with the Pats going w 6 O linemen

13 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Make adjustments during the game would be a big start  Yeah maybe he needs to give daboll and Frazier more input He's had that headset on in games before for the defense Maybe play Breida  Think we know by now behind this line Singeltary and Moss can only run between the tackles and only if a hole is there

Frankly I didnt like Mcdermott putting all of last weeks loss on execution  Yeah he's right we got zippo out of a few red zone visits But the defense should have adjusted much earlier to the Pats abandoning thoughts of passing and he could have gone heavier on def personell to match up with the Pats going w 6 O linemen

Not sure what you said has to do with his comfort zone, but I won't really disagree with what you said. Well, with the exception of Breida. Not really sure why people are so hight on him. I don't see any real increased performance in the offense when he is on the field.🤔

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You want Doug Pederson? 

No thanks. I wouldn't even take him as OC.

I'm still waiting for Sean to right the ship. He deserves the opportunity. 

I'm just wondering if there's an upgrade availble who's offensive minded to continue Josh's development. 

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I'm still waiting for Sean to right the ship. He deserves the opportunity. 

I'm just wondering if there's an upgrade availble who's offensive minded to continue Josh's development. 

Well if there is it isn't Doug Pederson. He can't manage a locker room and oversaw a complete collapse in his franchise Quarterback's play. 

Personally I think Beane is closer to the hotseat than McDermott. Most of the issue on offense is personnel related IMO. But they are both entirely safe however this season ends and they should be.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well if there is it isn't Doug Pederson. He can't manage a locker room and oversaw a complete collapse in his franchise Quarterback's play. 

Personally I think Beane is closer to the hotseat than McDermott. Most of the issue on offense is personnel related IMO. But they are both entirely safe however this season ends and they should be.

That's fair enough.

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

When is someone going to suggest a 'Special Director of Football Operations'?  That usually gets bandied about when a sizeable portion of the rabble perceives trouble. 😁

(This is not sarcasm, it is joking.)

I hear Tom Coughlin is available!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/7/2021 at 12:09 AM, Wizard said:

There was absolutely no reason that the Bills should have lost this game! For this reason, the Pegula’s need to clean out some of the coaching leadership.

The odds of screwing up so many times in a row in a game is probably a million to one. That comes down to poor coaching and players not executing. When players screw up and coaches can not adjust, then this means that McDermott’s coaching ceiling has already been reached. He and his staff are average despite the team’s history

Great Coach gets 10-14 points in the situation below.  Good coach gets 6 to 7 points. Replaceable coach gets 0-3 points. 

2x’s in the last 6 minutes the Patriots gift wrapped two very doable red zone touchdown opportunities. And, Allen gets sacked, an idiot TE false start, a missed field goal, and passing the ball when running could have led to more manageable play calling rather than 3rd and long and 4th and 14 situations.

No adjustments…means no Confidence!

The team lost at home with the best fans, better receivers, and quarterback, unbelievable opportunities to win, and the defense knowing in advance that 95% of the team’s plays would be runs. Mac Jones may have set a record in the last 40 years with 19 pass yards! In other words, our defensive line knew what was coming and the Hoodie decided to be completely one dimensional knowing the Bills could do nothing about it!!!

Winning Culture

Yes, there was wind and stats were not going to be as big tonight. The Bills had every reason to win and own the division. It was blanking Monday Night Football. The team had this game circled all season. No amount of clapping, rah rah, or “process” makes up for fumbling the game away.

Bad coaching, players aren’t executing, and we can’t build our offense or defense with underwhelming line play, time management issues, and not getting the ball from a 30 million dollar QB not getting the ball to Diggs or a line not capable of digging in and getting 10 yards on the ground with some old-fashion tough running.

Ceiling has been reached..new voices

A weaker AFC, Derrick Henry going down, the Chiefs inconsistencies and Ravens, and the inability to beat playoff caliber teams, execute at key times, and the lack of consistency on the lines means this is McDermott’s ceiling.

Time for Bills to make big changes!

I agree. The guy who turned this franchise around after nearly 2 decades of being irrelevant and missing the playoffs takes us to the playoffs 3 of his 4 years, including a championship game, and you want him gone after a mediocre season that happens to teams every once in a while? Let me ask you, after what we dealt with through the drought, who would you replace him with?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nightmare scenario with injuries on D, but I agree there is no game plan going into these games. Daboll has to see this line gets destroyed and they still rely on slow developing pass plays. You counter the blitz with draws and screens. The Bills counter it with Allen running for his life. 

1 minute ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Why would any team have a game plan that doesn't include runs by RBs. Sean looks over his head with the defensive game plan and preparing this team to physically impose themselves. This is embarrassing and demoralizing. 

Normally I would agree, but for whatever the darn reason when we try to run we just slam it into the line and basically lose a down and gain no yards.  Its probably a combo of bad play calls or inopportune play calls, lack of talent on the line and the RB room, and bad coaching.

On 12/6/2021 at 11:18 PM, Man with No Name said:

mcdermott is much better than daboll. McD is not BB, but nobody is. This is like steelers fans wanting tomlin to get the ax. great idea, but who out there is better? 

Can't ask that question.. it doesn't fit into the emotional freakout to ask real questions. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Normally I would agree, but for whatever the darn reason when we try to run we just slam it into the line and basically lose a down and gain no yards.  Its probably a combo of bad play calls or inopportune play calls, lack of talent on the line and the RB room, and bad coaching.

It's coaching out of fear and showing the O-lineman you have no confidence in their ability. I agree they haven't been running successfully but Tampa's pinning their ears back and swarming Josh on every play. You gotta keep em honest, dya

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

After the last 2 4th down calls, get rid of this spineless bum!

He’s a poor excuse for a head coach.  People just continue to make excuses for him since he coached a talented roster to the playoffs.  Meanwhile he continues to get out coached by the likes of Frank Reich. 

Let me tell you who clueless most of you are.  THE ONLY REASON we came back was because McD inserted himself over Frazier on the defensive adjustments before the end of the half.  Even Romo pointed it out.  

It amazes me how out of touch people are around here about what the real problems are. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Let me tell you who clueless most of you are.  THE ONLY REASON we came back was because McD inserted himself over Frazier on the defensive adjustments before the end of the half.  Even Romo pointed it out.  

It amazes me how out of touch people are around here about what the real problems are. 

Good he is a DC (which ultimately folded) playing HC. Yippie 

Edited by MAJBobby

McSpineless 45-32.  

he is out coached so often.
his in game management is horrible

his game day personnel choices horrible

Challenge usage Horrible

time management horrible

he has regressed and looks like a 1st year HC again. 

Well will likely make the playoffs because well Allen is really good. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.