Gameday Bills vs Pats* Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Mattymafia said:

Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott should be gone at the end of the season. These guys SUCK. It is insane that you have a CHEAT CODE quarterback and you dont get him any weapons. Get this idiots out of this place.

fixed for you.

Hard lessons learned this season:

1. We have a great QB. We have an elite WR and a couple other very good skill position players on offense. We do not have a single keeper in the backfield or on the O line. Not. A. Single. One. I mean, they're o.k., some of them, but nobody you'd ever build around. 

2. We have (at least with White healthy) elite pass coverage. The secondary is fantastic against the pass. Our LBs can cover like few can. And we have no way to stop a power running team. No. Way. At. All. We are completely defenseless against those offenses. And so if we can't win in a shootout, we can't win.

In other words, a very talented team, but a very unbalanced team. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Going for the 2 point conversion in hindsight was what they should've done. Would've made the game much different.

As soon as we play a solid physical opponent, mcd loses confidence in his offence but says he has full confidence in his offence

Just now, DapperCam said:

It doesn’t work as well when the other team gets a lead. Hopefully the weather won’t be so terrible and we can actually throw and play to our strengths.

They dodged about 10 plays that were there for us to make to be able to win the game that way…it’s hard to say if belichick really has no faith in mac in a game like that and his game plan was genius or there was a bit of luck involved. We caught them with their pants down quite a few times and just shot ourselves in the foot instead lol 

I see a bunch of people blaming coaches in this 1 but I'm putting this loss on the players, on offense dawson Knox had 3 dropped passes and a killer false start penalty, Stefon Diggs dropped TD, Tyler Bass missed a huge FG, Matt brieda fumbles that lead to the damien harris TD run and the horrid Bills defense that allowed run after run and lost to a offense that had 1 pass especially after getting blown out by the Colts they had to come in this 1 with a chip on their shoulders and they got smacked around.

• Like (+1) 1

Ya, the Edmunds experiment is over. He was just ripped to shreds 50 times.

Frazier should’ve never been hired in the first place because he’s known for this. He gots to go..

I can’t even blame Daboll.

Edmunds is the QB of the defense. Well, he looks like a QB when he tries to make a tackle.

This team needs a reboot. None of this is on Josh.

I guess at the end of the day it falls on McD and Beane. They hired these retread idiots.

What the hell were they thinking with Tremaine Edmunds? This kid has absolutely no ball skills, gets stood up on every single play, leaves WIDE open spaces where he’s supposed to be. 

My gut was right. He isn’t a football player.

Edited by Governor

8 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

That throw to knox on third down at end of game after the escape. Amazing. The defender did get a hand on it but obviously I wished knox showed off the physicality and outmuscled it

I for one am sick of Allen making superhero plays that his teammates drop. It has been a problem since his rookie year. Knox has been better this year but he will never lose his inconsistent hands. Three years in this is the player he is. We should have traded for Ertz. He has been terrific for the Cardinals.

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

We’re 7-5 despite one of the easiest schedules possible.

The Bills have lost 4 of their 5 games by one score or less.

You can callout bad plays here or there, but this team is inches away from 11-1 in all honesty.

titans game comes down to the end

jags game down to the end

pats game down to the end

pitt game to the end

i said 13-4 to start the year, it’s looking more like 11-6.  We have had one bad loss.  In my opinion we are just as good as we were last year.  We just aren’t getting bounces our way.

but the fire

mcd and cut Knox callouts are so dumb it’s comical

• Like (+1) 2

Everything else aside, if our receivers catch even half the dropped passes, we win. There are big issues with this team, but Josh is a winner in spite of the play calling and he threw some beautiful passes that were just dropped. Coach McD might want to say the word execution less and do something about it in practice. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Back to Bills letting us down. The confidence we had heading into the season is long gone

Unfortunately this is pretty much how I feel. I was silently pretty confident we were going to lose this game before it even started. Not because I thought the Pats are worldbeaters, but because we are weak on both lines and somehow the Offense has lost its clutch gene.  

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I was talking to friends while watching the game and the one thing they commented on was how Allen almost never has time to throw.  The stats that claim he has so many seconds are complete analytics BS.  They simply reflect Allen's ability to extend plays.

Allen most definitely masks a lot of issues with this offensive line. I'd say that that both guards and center can be upgraded.

• Like (+1) 1

I said this in the GDT. Why was Griese going on and on about that pats safety who made that last play? It seemed like josh threw it to the wrong spot there— I don’t know what he was seeing (was he going to sanders? Or did he think Beasley was sort of cutting back?). In any event, i am not sure that safety does anything except stand there. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

If this game isn't a plea for a dome, I don't know what is. All this "teams should be afraid to come in and play us in the snow" is pretty worthless because we suck worse in the snow. We can't run the ball and we can't stop the run. 

How does a dome help us stop the run?

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I for one am sick of Allen making superhero plays that his teammates drop. It has been a problem since his rookie year. Knox has been better this year but he will never lose his inconsistent hands. Three years in this is the player he is. We should have traded for Ertz. He has been terrific for the Cardinals.

That requires a smart GM which Bills

don’t have. 

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I said this in the GDT. Why was Griese going on and on about that pats safety who made that last play? It seemed like josh threw it to the wrong spot there— I don’t know what he was seeing (was he going to sanders? Or did he think Beasley was sort of cutting back?). In any event, i am not sure that safety does anything except stand there. 

Looked like he was trying to thread it between the defenders since he did have Davis. 

Just now, Cray51 said:

You can callout bad plays here or there, but this team is inches away from 11-1 in all honesty.

pitt game to the end

i said 13-4 to start the year, it’s looking more like 11-6.  We have had one bad loss.  In my opinion we are just as good as we were last year.  We just aren’t getting bounces our way.

but the fire

GOOD TEAMS WIN CLOSE GAMES. WE ARE NOT GOOD. PERIOD.

2 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

pitt game to the end

but the fire

The pitt game didn’t come down to the end. They scored in garbage time to make it a one-score game, but the game was effectively over.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

Maybe Leslie and Shaun would coach the LB and DB to not rush into the line pre snap and actually read and react.  They got killed overplaying all night long and the OC needs to be fired immediately.  First and 10 on 15 need to get a first down and you call a run up middle that has not worked all day. Same on othe first and goal from 7.  Throwing red flag to challenge placement was plain stupid 

Just now, Cray51 said:

pitt game to the end

but the fire

At some point you’ve gotta start winning some close games though…they’ve got the potential to play like a great team but we are definitely not there at the moment and it’s a bit disappointing to say the least 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I see a bunch of people blaming coaches in this 1 but I'm putting this loss on the players, on offense dawson Knox had 3 dropped passes and a killer false start penalty, Stefon Diggs dropped TD, Tyler Bass missed a huge FG, Matt brieda fumbles that lead to the damien harris TD run and the horrid Bills defense that allowed run after run and lost to a offense that had 1 pass especially after getting blown out by the Colts they had to come in this 1 with a chip on their shoulders and they got smacked around.

Not the first to say it here, but really: Belichick didn't even consider attempting a FG into the wind. They threw Bass out there only because the offense went backwards so that going for it on 4th down wasn't an option. Bass deserves no blame whatsoever.

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I thought the wind took the ball and pushed it down and left 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.