Antonio Brown used fake vaccine card to avoid NFL Covid Protocols (update - suspended 3 games by NFL)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

There is no way to verify status. There is no record repository. There is no way they can prove the cards validity. 

It’s not a felony to make a fake. They are not govt documents. The crime is a felony when you use the cdc logo. If the logo is changed enough to make it a parody. People checking don’t look at logo, they look at dates and batch numbers. 

Parodied cdc logo, no crime. 

Yeah, this would hold up in court 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

If the cdc logo is slightly changed or parodied, it’s not a crime at all. 

The logo doesnt have to be slightly changed or parodied.  No where in the law does it say that.  It just says misrepresented.  Also NYS has a state law.  You are talking about federal law.

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

There is no way to verify status. There is no record repository. There is no way they can prove the cards validity. 

It’s not a felony to make a fake. They are not govt documents. The crime is a felony when you use the cdc logo. If the logo is changed enough to make it a parody. People checking don’t look at logo, they look at dates and batch numbers. 

Not sure about the felony for fake card thing, but the rest I'm think you're mistaken. I'm sure they have a way to detect if a card is fake or not.

From NFL.com article...

Brown's attorney, Sean Burstyn, told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport on Thursday that Brown is vaccinated against COVID-19.

"After an extensive educational process conducted throughout our organization this past offseason highlighting the benefits of the COVID-19 vaccines, we received completed vaccination cards from all Tampa Bay Buccaneers players and submitted the required information to the NFL through the established process in accordance with league policy," the Buccaneers said in a statement. "All vaccination cards were reviewed by Buccaneers personnel and no irregularities were observed."

The NFL released to following statement on the Brown report: "We are aware of the report and have been in contact with the club. We will review the matter."

Rapoport reported that teams are responsible for verifying personnel and player vaccination status. No team has reported any issues during the verification process, per Rapoport. 

Any attempt by team personnel or players to use a forged or fake card -- a federal criminal offense -- would be reviewed under the league's personal-conduct policy. Rapoport added that teams were instructed to scrutinize vaccination cards during a summer COVID-19 video conference as the use of fake cards is illegal and presents health and safety risks for the organization.

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Evander Kane was suspended 21 games without pay for doing the same thing. The NFL should follow suit. 

Nobody cares about hockey.

Everyone cares about football.

The NFL doesn't really care about this either. Case in point: The Tennessee Titans of last year.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Nobody cares about hockey.

Everyone cares about football.

The NFL doesn't really care about this either. Case in point: The Tennessee Titans of last year.

Whether or not anybody cares about hockey or not isn’t the point. The point is, does the NFL care about egregious violations of its protocols or not. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Again, see the Titans of last year.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’m gonna go with “not”

Unless it’s a player who has been openly questioning then hit him with everything you got

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

No, they don't.  They care about $$ and $$ only.

It’s a rhetorical question, gentlemen.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, daz28 said:

If I see you're collecting millions of dollars, buying new Nikes, and not paying me my $10k, eventually I'm snitching, too.  

Several years ago I had a former co-worker buy my Bills-Jets tickets, said he'd pay me next paycheck.  Fast forward several months and he's showing me his new $2500 laptop, still hasn't paid me, still promising to pay me next paycheck.  About a year later, I started publicly shaming him around the office to pay me back, including posting signs on his cubicle when I knew he wouldn't be in for several days, so his cube mates would see them and ask about it.  Sometimes, you gotta go to extremes to get what is owed to you. It wasn't even that much, I think I only charged him $350 for my pair of club seats. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Several years ago I had a former co-worker buy my Bills-Jets tickets, said he'd pay me next paycheck.  Fast forward several months and he's showing me his new $2500 laptop, still hasn't paid me, still promising to pay me next paycheck.  About a year later, I started publicly shaming him around the office to pay me back, including posting signs on his cubicle when I knew he wouldn't be in for several days, so his cube mates would see them and ask about it.  Sometimes, you gotta go to extremes to get what is owed to you. It wasn't even that much, I think I only charged him $350 for my pair of club seats. 

Did he eventually pay you?

4 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Yeah, I think you should hang up your Sea Lawyer shingle.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

If it was after the Geno Smith/ I.K.Enemkpali fight you could have left photos of Geno post punch saying this is what happens to guys who don't pay up.  

Going to keep it real.  Is there anybody who doesn’t believe this clown actually did this , as Yolo said, it’s his brand and his behavior is consistent.  Chance after chance after chance and so many witnesses can’t be ignored that this guy is a POS!  He also then has the audacity to talk about how God has a plan for him to accomplish something great.  How about letting God help you treat other humans with respect.  You are not special just because you can catch a football and it shows how shallow someone like Brady is who keeps vouching for this guy despite his narcissistic, sociopathic behavior.  

I am all for personal choice regarding vaccines , but buying fake cards is literally a felony everywhere.  It would be easy to prove if he ever got the vaccine.  Trace the date., vaccine lot , and go to the place he supposedly got the vaccine.  They have records of every vaccine, probably even have video evidence.  Watch them sweep this under the rug because he caught it and is immune now which makes having the vaccine a mute point.  But prior to that he still took part in a felony and given his past criminal record, the NFL AND THE BUCS should suspend him ( given alll the crap they out Rodgers thru) until this is proven one way or the other.   It would take just a few days to know. The burden of proof is on him , especially given prior discipline, and as those of you know who got the vaccine , it’s pretty easy to prove the truth. I would never trust a card from him and I am sure his “ original “ card has been misplaced , so they have to go to where he got the vaccine

I don’t care if someone delivered it to his home , they still are mandated to keep a record of it for ten years like all medical records.  We all know us regular people would be being investigated already and many of us would be not allowed to work. This irks me as much as malpractice and stupid doctors who have no business having a license ( I say this as a colleague who has been an expert witness in malpractice cases, there is no excuse for stupidity and then lying to patients).   This sociopath continues to lie and steal and yet the NFL awards him with millions of dollars.  What is the likelihood that 100% of the Bucs got vaccinated; it just doesn’t fit with the rest of societal norms and I remain suspicious. It like the Bills o line play, you need to prove it to me now.  If he can prove it he actually did get the j&j vaccine ( many younger patients were not taking it because of clotting and carditis issues ), I will post an apology.  I bet we never hear much about this issue as again the NFL is caught in an embarrassing negligent incident while they continue to be sure they get across their “ woke” issues. No consistency of message with the NFL! 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
remove duplicated text
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Going to keep it real.  Is there anybody who doesn’t believe this clown actually did this , as Yolo said, it’s his brand and his behavior is consistent.  Chance after chance after chance and so many witnesses can’t be ignored that this guy is a POS!  He also then has the audacity to talk about how God has a plan for him to accomplish something great.  How about letting God help you treat other humans with respect.  You are not special just because you can catch a football and it shows how shallow someone like Brady is who keeps vouching for this guy despite his narcissistic, sociopathic behavior.  

I am all for personal choice regarding vaccines , but buying fake cards is literally a felony everywhere.  It would be easy to prove if he ever got the vaccine.  Trace the date., vaccine lot , and go to the place he supposedly got the vaccine.  They have records of every vaccine, probably even have video evidence.  Watch them sweep this under the rug because he caught it and is immune now which makes having the vaccine a mute point.  But prior to that he still took part in a felony and given his past criminal record, the NFL AND THE BUCS should suspend him ( given alll the crap they out Rodgers thru) until this is proven one way or the other.   It would take just a few days to know. The burden of proof is on him , especially given prior discipline, and as those of you know who got the vaccine , it’s pretty easy to prove the truth. I would never trust a card from him and I am sure his “ original “ card has been misplaced , so they have to go to where he got the vaccine

I don’t care if someone delivered it to his home , they still are mandated to keep a record of it for ten years like all medical records.  We all know us regular people would be being investigated already and many of us would be not allowed to work. This irks me as much as malpractice and stupid doctors who have no business having a license ( I say this as a colleague who has been an expert witness in malpractice cases, there is no excuse for stupidity and then lying to patients).   This sociopath continues to lie and steal and yet the NFL awards him with millions of dollars.  What is the likelihood that 100% of the Bucs got vaccinated; it just doesn’t fit with the rest of societal norms and I remain suspicious. It like the Bills o line play, you need to prove it to me now.  If he can prove it he actually did get the j&j vaccine ( many younger patients were not taking it because of clotting and carditis issues ), I will post an apology.  I bet we never hear much about this issue as again the NFL is caught in an embarrassing negligent incident while they continue to be sure they get across their “ woke” issues. No consistency of message with the NFL!

PJax is correct, it's mandated to keep a record of who received which lots of which vaccines

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/vaccination-provider-support.html

Vaccine Administration Documentation

COVID-19 vaccination providers must document vaccine administration in their medical record systems within 24 hours of administration and use their best efforts to report administration data to the relevant system for the jurisdiction [i.e., Immunization Information Systems (IIS)] as soon as practicable and no later than 72 hours after administration.

The information to be recorded is standard:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/admin/document-vaccines.html

Health care providers are required by law to record certain information in a patient’s medical record......

Date of administration

Vaccine manufacturer

Vaccine lot number

Name and title of the person who administered the vaccine and address of the facility where the permanent record will reside

Vaccine information statement (VIS)

Date printed on the VIS

Date the VIS was given to the patient or parent/guardian

Vaccine lot numbers are also tracked by the manufacturer and the vaccinator for supply chain assurance, so it can be determined whether the vaccine manufacturer and lot were in use at the listed vaccination site on that date.

The NFL/NFLPA negotiated for vaccination to be voluntary for NFL/NFLPA players, so this isn't (as some others have suggested) some poor dude who was "forced" into forgery to keep his job.  This is purely about his personal convenience.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

If I asked you which NFL player would buy a phony vaccination card , I bet most of you could have guessed correctly

This is the same guy who had his old helmet painted Silver rather then use a new one

Edited by HOUSE

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

PJax is correct, it's mandated to keep a record of who received which lots of which vaccines

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/vaccination-provider-support.html

The information to be recorded is standard:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/admin/document-vaccines.html

Vaccine lot numbers are also tracked by the manufacturer and the vaccinator for supply chain assurance, so it can be determined whether the vaccine manufacturer and lot were in use at the listed vaccination site on that date.

The NFL/NFLPA negotiated for vaccination to be voluntary for NFL/NFLPA players, so this isn't (as some others have suggested) some poor dude who was "forced" into forgery to keep his job.  This is purely about his personal convenience.

Yeah, if the NFL is serious (or the Bucs, but that ain't happening) they can chase the veracity of any card. For many reasons, careful records of shots administered are kept. It really is not that hard to determine the truthfulness of the card/claim. A fake card is a criminal act. Will local or federal officials investigate--there has to be some reason to do so (I doubt an internet article qualifies). It will be telling how they, the NFL and the NFLPA,  handle this.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

If I asked you which NFL player would buy a phony vaccination card , I bet most of you could have guessed correctly

This is the same guy who had his old helmet painted Silver rather then use a new one

I forgot about the helmet. I loved the articles that said his helmet “approximated” the Raiders colors. This dude wasn’t even willing to pay the price for someone who could do the job right. 

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.