Shout out to Matt Haack

Back2Buff

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Funny how Jets punter had the same issues in 1st and 4th quarter than Haack had in 2nd and 3rd. 

The Jets punter dropped a snap, too? 

Passers and punters have struggled throwing and kicking into that wind since the stadium was built. That said, Haack is just not a very good punter. 

Just now, K-9 said:

Passers and punters have struggled throwing and kicking into that wind since the stadium was built. That said, Haack is just not a very good punter. 

He got a punt blocked because he took too long dealing with the wind.

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He should have still caught it, but something looked off with that snap, I thought we were gonna get a false start the way the line moved on that snap. 

Something was botched there.

1 minute ago, What a Tuel said:

He should have still caught it, but something looked off with that snap, I thought we were gonna get a false start the way the line moved on that snap. 

Something was botched there.

Wouldn’t be the first time the wind in that stadium caused a bad long snap. Seen it too many times over the years. 

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

At this point, he’s strictly a placeholder 

They just brought this up on Sal's show.  We have 2 extra call ups for the playoffs and said it would be an interesting idea to bring in the punter they signed to the practice squad (forget his name).

EDIT: Jamie Gillan

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsDiehard said:

The Bills obviously acknowledge we have a punter issue as we're carrying one for 3 weeks on our practice squad. I don't think any other team is carrying a second punter...very odd.

'Backdooring' him for the International Player Position, after Christian Wade rightfully takes his place in the 2022 season as #1 RB.

😁

35 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

At this point, he’s strictly a placeholder 

Yet we had a punter that led the league in punting….but he wanted a few more bucks. We took the cheap way out, which is understandable…..but we now also have a terrible punter.  

If we want to cut him, we’ll pay 700k dead cap next season.  Bojo played this year for 1M.  Hacks dead cap is almost al much as Bojos contract.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yet we had a punter that led the league in punting….but he wanted a few more bucks. We took the cheap way out, which is understandable…..but we now also have a terrible punter.  

We should have let bojo go and I'm glad we did. I wish his replacement was better, but that doesn't make Bojo awesome. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Well he had 1 blocked and almost had 2 more blocked going that direction.

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If we want to cut him, we’ll pay 700k dead cap next season.  Bojo played this year for 1M.  Hacks dead cap is almost al much as Bojos contract.  

Bojo is a terrible holder...and believe me, that will matter at some point for GB in the playoffs too.  Complain about Haack all you want (I agree he sucks) but the decision to let Bojo go wasn't just about the money.

I was at the game. Both punters against the wind  had problems against the wind. As soon as the ball got up there, it died. When they punted with the wind, they were good .If they had a god punt against the wind, it was because the wind luckily died just before the snap.

Edited by Wacka

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Bojo is a terrible holder...and believe me, that will matter at some point for GB in the playoffs too.  Complain about Haack all you want (I agree he sucks) but the decision to let Bojo go wasn't just about the money.

He was also a terrible punter in his first year.  He improved. It’s holding. It’s a skill that can improved upon. Practice, practice. More practice.

But I do get why some wouldn’t want him because of that….it makes sense.   

signing haack never made sense to me.  Especially on a 3 year deal that included dead cap of almost 1M if he sucked, like we thought he might.  

The punter should be like a baseball umpire. You’ve done your job well if no one notices you were there. 

Unfortunately, Mr holds-the-ball-forever-while-overthinking-the-wind-factor-from-hand-to-foot was extremely noticeable yesterday and one could argue is the reason we lost to the Steelers. Absolutely no excuse for his performance. But he has the team by the balls since changing Bass’ holder at this point seems dangerous. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

UGH…aren’t we all beyond done with Matt “I’m A Total” Haack??

EDIT: Why can't I type  d i l d o? Stop censoring me!!!

On THAT!

I had a work buddy for decades, who during meetings, would blurt out the worst malapropisms!

His HOFer was:

”That’s gone the way of the d i l d o! “ 😂 We waited for it.

Anyway, I used it on another Sports site. The Owner, clutching his no humour pearls, told me: “DON’T SAY THAT!”

Of course... I had to ask him... what ‘THAT’? 😂😜

• Like (+1) 1

Haack really cost this team against the hapless Jets. That's not to say that he is the sole reason that the game was uncomfortable until late but he certainly was a major factor in letting the Jets "hang around". I can forgive shanking the first punt twice. I don't know if his ST coach showed him a new way to punt in the wind and was attempting to do that. So it might be on the ST coach in some sense. However he at least got on the right track after muffing the punt and was able to punt decently into the wind. I wouldn't change at this point mainly because he is still a really good holder for Bass and is there anyone else out there that would be that much better?

I hope that Haack at least learns from the Jets game. The team survived and got a comfortable win and Haack got somewhat on track after the first half struggles punting at least respectably. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.