Shout out to Matt Haack

Back2Buff

Watching the Tyler Bass highlights on the Bills website and noticed how well and quickly he is able to hold the ball for Bass.  Bojo was an absolute trainwreck, and Haack deserves credit for getting the placement correctly and real quick.  Not all the snaps were perfect either.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Herc11 said:

Wonder why they never tried the backup QB as a holder with Bojo. Id rather still have Bojo if he didn't have to be the placeholder too.

Agreed.

But I don’t think Bojo was a disaster. He made a mistake here or there but people overreacted to the few times he misheld a field goal.

I would take Bojo back in an instant.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 3

You have to pick your poison.  Haack is a better placeholder on FGs and PATs, but he clearly doesn't have the blig leg to flip field position that Bojo has.  In a couple Green Bay games I have seen, Bojo has launched some huge kicks, but there have also been compaints by PK Mason Crosby about his poor holds.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

In a couple Green Bay games I have seen, Bojo has launched some huge kicks, but there have also been compaints by PK Mason Crosby about his poor holds.

I don’t think that’s true.

One announcer made a comment that maybe Crosby’s poor kicking day was because of laces, but I dont think Crosby every said anything. 

Upon review, the snap was bad by the LS and Bojo had to quickly spin the ball.

47801537-F47-D-442-A-BDF9-F587989-EDECA.

Edited by Einstein

2 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Wonder why they never tried the backup QB as a holder with Bojo. Id rather still have Bojo if he didn't have to be the placeholder too.

It makes more sense to me to try someone like Taiwan jones instead. A better athlete and he can probably get enough reps in to handle it. Plus gives you a lot of fake punt options. 

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.