Mack looks good tonight…. Should we inquire about his services?

BuffaloBorn1960

No way.  He's running OK behind some fantastic blocking tonight, but he's shot.

Here's the list of NFL RBs who have had any successful seasons after a torn achilles:

1. n/a

2. n/a

3. n/a

That's right, there are zero...

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

I think our RBs are doing. Don't mistake our lack of running for not being able to we're just better in the air.

They are, they've been really really productive. Excellent pass blockers both. The concern is fumbles for 26. I don't think they will bring anyone in, myself.

7 hours ago, BuffaloBorn1960 said:

Could be the piece that puts us over the top

Who do you waive to make room?  Assuming you want him active  on gameday, who becomes inactive now?  This seems kind of random, I mean is he better than Moss/Singletary?  Maybe I guess, could see arguments either way.....but even if you think he is, it's such a difference that it "puts us over the top"?   Marlon Mack does not put the Bills over the top, I would not think he would be the guy to put any team over the top.

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

They are, they've been really really productive. Excellent pass blockers both. The concern is fumbles for 26. I don't think they will bring anyone in, myself.

Agreed.  Moss and Motor are fine.  They just need to hold onto the ball, but our running game has been effective this year.  We are the the #8th offense, 9th in passing, 5th in rushing, and #1 scoring offense.  Add to that #1 defense, and I really don’t think we need anyone right now.  Just gel and keep improving at what we do.  I don’t want to add anyone unless we have a terrible injury at a key position.  The only player who could possibly go down in play to consider “kicking the tires” is the punter.  I’m not a Haack fan.  I know it was $, but I believe Bojo even with his flaws was better.  It’s hard to tell as we punt so rarely.

10 hours ago, 947 said:

No way.  He's running OK behind some fantastic blocking tonight, but he's shot.

Here's the list of NFL RBs who have had any successful seasons after a torn achilles:

1. n/a

2. n/a

3. n/a

That's right, there are zero...

Peterson?

10 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

He’s “definitely” an upgrade? 

Never mind that Singletary has had as many or more ypc every season than Mack did in his 1000 yard season (when he was running behind one of the best offensive lines ever assembled). But grass, greener, etc.

11 hours ago, uninja said:

We have the number one offense and defense in the NFL atm and are out scoring teams with Madden-like numbers. 

I think we’re 

I get the idea is injury insurance.

11 hours ago, Process said:

No team, in NFL history, was a Marlon Mack away from winning a Superbowl. 

If we aren't winning without him, we wouldn't win it with him.

but..but..but….the grass is greener…

But why? We've got so many great options on offense through the air and the ground... we're the number 1 offense in the league, unless you're talking about adding Derrick Henry, I'm not sure a running back would ever be considered putting a team over the top.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.