One Bills Live with Chris Brown and... Maddy Glab?

Giuseppe Tognarelli

Steve Tasker hasn't appeared on One Bills Live since before the Dolphins game. His absence was unannounced and has not been addressed. Last Tuesday, I asked One Bills Live on Twitter where he is, and they responded that he'd be back today, Monday. But today, he was not back and nothing was said. Does anyone happen to know if something happened? I hope everything is okay with Steve. He has also been absent from Bills Tonight, his usual post after the games.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can't listen to the show with Maddy Glab. All she does is repeat what Chris Brown says, but in a way that makes it twice as long to say. She provides nothing of value. It makes the show unlistenable for me.

Steve is a little discombobulated and has strange things to say, but at least he isn't just a parrot repeating everything he hears from others on the show. Hope he returns soon.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up that she is still on the show today. I will not be listening to it later.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Madly makes Steve sound like John Madden in his prime.  I wondered the same as they just keep saying he’s coming back.  This is a lot longer than a vacation.  I don’t remember him saying anything that would get him in trouble.

Do they keep saying he's coming back? I haven't heard them actually address it on air.

53 minutes ago, MJS said:

I can't listen to the show with Maddy Glab. All she does is repeat what Chris Brown says, but in a way that makes it twice as long to say. She provides nothing of value. It makes the show unlistenable for me.

Steve is a little discombobulated and has strange things to say, but at least he isn't just a parrot repeating everything he hears from others on the show. Hope he returns soon.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up that she is still on the show today. I will not be listening to it later.

This is literally how I feel, I can't watch or listen to anything she's a part of. Unfortunately Kim Pegula loves her so we're gonna be stuck with her for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by SECRET SQUIRREL
Spelling
  • Agree 4

53 minutes ago, MJS said:

My only issue with him on there is he answers his own questions when he asks them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I listened to that show regularly when John Murphy was the host.  He was professional, informative, and often compelling.  Then Steve Tasker came along,  a primary source with an authentic voice.  As much as I now appreciate the efforts of all the podcasters out there, One Bills Live with Murphy was light years ahead of the rest.

Then Chris Brown came along and I just can't listen.  I've got nothing against Chris Brown, so I chalk it up to chemistry.  'Tain't my cup o' tea.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I listened to about 5 minutes of her today at the gym. She said she was happy the Chiefs won yesterday because they would have been mad and taken it out on the Bills. I promptly went to my music list.

She has no business being on the air talking about professional football.

• Like (+1) 5

One thing I'll give to Maddy is the segments with her, Chris Brown, and Greg Cosell. 

You can't talk to Greg Cosell unless you know how to talk ball. He's forgotten more about pro football than any of us will ever know. 

He seems to respect Maddy by how he answers her questions so she does have smarts and interest about the subject matter she covers. 

I do feel like ppl are too harsh on her. Maddys no Beth 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Wonder if it has something to do with not getting vaccinated? No clue but Glab is unlistenable. 

it’s not “we” Maddie. You didn’t put on shoulder pads and eye black, and run gunner on punt teams.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

The show is too long to start. Even 2 hrs is way too long Imo. 3 is just ridiculous, especially in the off season. The show should be an hr and a half tops. Brown doesnt bother me, but sometimes the homer in him comes out and I cringe. Maddy has always been annoying and the "maddy awards" is litterally the worst segment they have. She just creates new categorys every week and then "gives" the award to whoever. It's so dumb and pointless. 

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Maddy is fine, but a little boring.  She has her place as the third wheel doing her regular segments, but I miss Steve.  Hope everything is okay on his end.

Yeah I totally love and want Steve Tasker back asap. I'm just saying none of this is her fault either and she has improved.

To be real for a minute like it's legitimately hard but if you don't focus on the voice but on the content of her questions they are fine. I disagree with whoever said she just parrots back whatever CB says. Watch the segments with Cosell and she asks completely different questions than him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Maddy is fine, but a little boring.  She has her place as the third wheel doing her regular segments, but I miss Steve.  Hope everything is okay on his end.

A little?  I have no problem with interesting female sportscasters, or refs or anything else for that matter.  If you ever listened to NFLR, the Cleveland Browns female reporter (Mary Kay Cabbott) is excellent and knows her info better than a bunch of the guys who get on there.  Maddy literally puts me to sleep in the car.  She’s like an echo for Brown.  Where she does well are those little fluff human interest pieces and trivia questions.  She’s fine in those small bits and livens up the dialogue.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Whenever I see the name "Maddy Glab" I can't help but think the name is supposed to be an anagram of some secret person's name

Edited by Rubes
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SECRET SQUIRREL said:

This is literally how I feel, I can't watch or listen to anything she's a part of. Unfortunately Kim Pegula loves her so we're gonna be stuck with her for the foreseeable future. 

nah,  Kim will make Maddy HC of Sabres next Summer..

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I can't believe it but I totally agree with this take.

I caught a portion of the show a week or so ago and Maddy said that her father was complaining to her about her always agreeing with everything that Chris said on the show and not having her own opinion..........which was followed by an awkward silence from Brown who is obviously aware that Glab just gives a longwinded agreement to everything her or Tasker say.

She is a total energy vampire.

cf4b679d495c8efd4a34cdc2293259466a4a0abd

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

My only issue with him on there is he answers his own questions when he asks them.

He hasn’t learned the first rule of interviewing people: the answer should be more interesting than the question. He spends so much time trying to sound smart through his question that he doesn’t realize that no one cares what he thinks.

• Like (+1) 1

What a well timed post.

I've just spent the morning, driving to different job sites, while listening to One Bills Live, and had to stop short because of Maddy.

You've described her perfectly on how she doesn't ever bring anything new to the conversation, only rehashed cliches.

Even worse is her voice.  She sounds like a 10 year old, that just inhaled helium.  I simply don't have the tolerance. 

I'll always love Tasker, but he's said too many stupid things in the past,  especially ones that he's all fired up about. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’ve never seen so many woman haters until this message board, holy crap 😂😂😂😂

I can’t listen to the show with Maddie Glab.. if it helps you, I wasn’t really loving it with Reuben Brown either.  

I’ll listen to the WGR shows in podcast form doing cardio during the football season/draft time, and OBL with Steve Tasker is in the rotation… but it’s definitely not in my rotation without him. 

Only show i’m listening to now is Sal’s Extra Point Show. 

Edited by SCBills

46 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’ve never seen so many woman haters until this message board, holy crap 😂😂😂😂

In this case, and probably this case only, it has nothing to do with gender. Glab is just legitimately bad. I gave her a chance. I even bore with her in the beginning knowing that she was new and telling myself she might get better. But no. She has not.

Some say she has an annoying voice. I've got no problem with her voice. She just never provides value at all on the radio show.

43 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I can’t listen to the show with Maddie Glab.. if it helps you, I wasn’t really loving it with Reuben Brown either.  

I’ll listen to the WGR shows in podcast form doing cardio during the football season/draft time, and OBL with Steve Tasker is in the rotation… but it’s definitely not in my rotation without him. 

Only show i’m listening to now is Sal’s Extra Point Show. 

Donald Jones was almost as bad as Glab, but in different ways. Did you ever listen when he was doing the show with Murphy? It was just so painfully obvious that he put zero effort into it, and I'm pretty sure Murphy came to resent him because he was carrying the show completely by himself and he'd constantly say passive aggressive things to Jones. It was bad.

My favorite is the Locked On Bills podcast with Joe Marino. He provides some great stats following games and has a great primer for the next game each week. It's clear he knows the NFL really well. He was very negative about the Bobby Hart signing because he knew about his past performances. He does his homework.

53 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Huge difference between saying you’re vaxd and proving you’re vaxd. 

Tasker has been all on board with masks and vaccines and everything from the beginning. He talks about it all the time. He's not as boisterous about it as Chris Brown, but he has been a full supporter, at least that's how he came across to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Yeah I stopped watching the show. Can’t listen to her anymore. Much better Bills coverage online. Cover1, Bills Fanatics, Hashtag Sports ect. 

Just now, wppete said:

Yeah I stopped watching the show. Can’t listen to her anymore. Much better Bills coverage online. Cover1, Bills Fanatics, Hashtag Sports ect. 

I like Cover 1, but they are a little long winded and annoying for me. They provide great breakdowns, but their constant chuckling kind of wears at me.

• Like (+1) 2

People are hired for radio and/or TV for a reason.  On radio - you should have a good-great voice.  On TV, you should be attractive, clean, groomed, etc. If you're not a former player/coach/expert on the subject matter, you need to look and/or sound good (intelligent, pleasing pitch, etc.)

For the above reasons, I do not care for Maddy or Murph.  I never liked Van Miller - but he was excellent at his job.  RJ & Ted Darling were great.  Dan what's-his-name will hopefully be an acquired taste.  I don't care for Chris Brown either - because he acts like the expert he isn't.  Tasker has a great knowledge of the game and I can listen to that all day - no one I know has that.  Ditto for Reuben and Thurman, etc.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.