How Much Will Epenesa Get Fined?

Gugny

How Much Will Epenesa Get Fined?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Will Epenesa Get Fined for Dirty Hit on Tua?

• Less than $10K
    • $10K-$20K
    • More than $20K
    • He Will Be Fined and Suspended
    • No Punishment

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Whats the finable offense - Hitting the glass man too hard?

Did he lead with his head? - Nope

Was contact to the head or neck of Tua? - Nope

Was contact above the knees? - Yes

Did he land with all his weight on the QB? - Nope

Whats the finable offense

As much as he tried to avoid it, I thought he landed with all of his weight on Tua.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Gugny said:

As much as he tried to avoid it, I thought he landed with all of his weight on Tua.

He didnt he rolled off before making contact with the ground.  He will not get a fine, that is the best clean hit demonstration on a QB.  Will be showed HOW to tackle the QB with a super small aim box.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I noticed that too. I wouldn't have thrown a flag, but it wouldn't have surprised me if someone did. It also wouldn't surprise me if the exact same play with a certain older veteran QB who-shall-not-be-named drew a flag.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Fine should be coming down soon for the dirty hit that knocked Tua out.  

How much do you think it will be?

Zero point zero zero $$$.

IMHO it was a textbook clean hit.  Below head, above knees and not late.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

OK.  I do not normally see things the same way but this time Gugny has a point.  When AJ lands on Tua his arms and knees are off the ground, effectively full body weight chest to chest.  What is different is that AJ is "Tee-d off" as his lower body swung to the side which isn't the normal position that draws the flag.  His arms were wrapped behind but he pulls them out before impact with the ground.  Knees are off the ground too but it was not the classic "body surfing" position that usually draws the flag.   I know the Bills coaches were teaching a "gator roll" after the initial hit so the defender's body would land beside the QB's.  AJ did not do that move.  I hate to say it, but Gugny has a point.

A rushing defender is prohibited from committing such intimidating and punishing acts as “stuffing” a passer into the ground or unnecessarily wrestling or driving him down after the passer has thrown the ball, even if the rusher makes his initial contact with the passer within the one-step limitation provided for in (a) above. When tackling a passer who is in a defenseless posture (e.g., during or just after throwing a pass), a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down or land on top of him with all or most of the defender’s weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up the passer with the defensive player’s arms and not land on the passer with all or most of his body weight.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

40 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

OK.  I do not normally see things the same way but this time Gugny has a point.  

We normally disagree??  This is the first I'm hearing this!!

24 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

let me roll my eyes before I answer your little questions...🙄

I found it misleading. how? because there was no penalty from the hit as it was a clean hit so why would you even suggest a fine. 

but I know, you know football and all the rules and so you felt the need to express how you thought his hit on little tua was dirty and would create a thread to see how many agree with you.

looks as though pretty much the majority don't agree with you. 

but we know, you like to pull the chains, rattle the cage, you know ***** with people. the board comedian

Flattery will get you ... everywhere!  I'll PM you!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Fan of Tua?

I could see if you liked him in college or something but as soon as he’s drafted by the Fish that fandom should go the way of the passenger pigeon. 

I like the kid. Do you hate every player on every team?

I also like Mac Jones but I want them to lose to the Bills and I will root against them in every circumstance that would help the Bills.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Fine should be coming down soon for the dirty hit that knocked Tua out.  

How much do you think it will be?

Now now Gug, when you sober up and come down from the edibles you will note something important, that important thing is that your head is no longer…,  that and you will be able to see that it was not a dirty hit, but of course your gonna die on the sword on this one, aren’t ya, 😁 nuthin but luv, Don,

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

It was 100% clean, and in watching the replay he didn’t even put his weight on him when they fell. 

Not sure if this thread is supposed to be funny, but I’m not laughing. 

Fan of Tua?

I could see if you liked him in college or something but as soon as he’s drafted by the Fish that fandom should go the way of the passenger pigeon. 

Why? You can be a fan of a player on a rival. Most will only wish bad games on them when it is in bills best interests  if no bearing then no harm cheering them doing well.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

$1,000,000!

A Million ! Sounds awesome !

The fact he came clean at full speed and Tua did not see him is not Espy's fault.

I mean goodness gracious folks,  he could easily have killed the man right there.
Great football play and upstanding humanitarian act in saving Tuas  T's life.

btw glad nothing is broken 🙂

• Like (+1) 2

Imagine opening your body up and closing your eyes. Then give somebody the size of Epenesa about a 5 yard head start to just drive directly into your chest. That's what happened. It was a very violent, but also very clean. Tua didn't see it and Epenesa had time to get his mass accelerated. If he went higher and it ended up being dirty Tua would no longer have a head.   

19 hours ago, Gugny said:

You are right that in 2020, this would have been called a penalty.

That was last year.

The good news is, the NFL seems to have moved on from this arbitrary call which the refs kept screwing up in order to control the game, and have moved to over-flagging Taunting as this year's annoying "Point of Emphasis".

They move it every year to a new, bull#### penalty so teams can't get ahead of the curve, and the refs can still inject themselves into the game, and be a deciding factor when they shouldnt be.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I like the kid. Do you hate every player on every team?

I also like Mac Jones but I want them to lose to the Bills and I will root against them in every circumstance that would help the Bills.

No, I don’t hate every player on every team. I hate the players on our division rival teams. 

If they move to another team I keep that dislike going, if they’re traded to the bills I like them instantly. 

The only two I kind’ve don’t mind are Brady and Darnold. Darnold never stood a chance and Brady is Brady. Dude’s an anomaly, you kind’ve got to tip your hat that the guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, the OP looks like a troll job.  Epenesa was hitting Tagovailoa as the ball was leaving, not a late hit.  It was not too high, not too low.  When they landed Epenesa was perpendicular across his chest, but he was on his hands and knees in a crawl position and did not look as if he was putting weight on Tua.  It could not have been much cleaner unless Tua still had a hold of the ball going down. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BigAl2526 said:

Honestly, the OP looks like a troll job.  Epenesa was hitting Tagovailoa as the ball was leaving, not a late hit.  It was not too high, not too low.  When they landed Epenesa was perpendicular across his chest, but he was on his hands and knees in a crawl position and did not look as if he was putting weight on Tua.  It could not have been much cleaner unless Tua still had a hold of the ball going down. 

Hey @Gugny a rookie called you a "troll job"!!! 🤣

• Haha (+1) 3