Call your shot … who will get the #1 seed in the AFC?

YoloinOhio

#1 seed in AFC   

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who will it be?

I objectively believe that KC is going to implode under their own mass, primarily their O line will not live up to expectations, that and Mahomes is a P A B, just sayin…, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I went with Tennessee.  Their defense is better than ours, and while we have a superior QB, they have both excellent WRs AND the best RB in football.  Also Matt Barkley.

But, this is a strange year.  No one can predict accurately what players will be available on any given week.  

Edited by Utah John
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Be objective … 

If they rush the passer consistently Buffalo not only gets the 1 they carry the Lombardi home from Los Angeles 

17 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I went with Tennessee.  Their defense is better than ours, and while we have a superior QB, they have both excellent WRs AND the best RB in football.  Also Matt Barkley.

But, this is a strange year.  No one can predict accurately what players will be available on any given week.  

At no position on defense are they better 

• Agree 2

Geebus, I just looked at the Chiefs schedule for the first time.

They've got Cleveland, Baltimore, Green Bay, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Washington and us outside their division.

I'd honestly look at the Bills as the favorite for a #1 seed.

Although if Carson Wentz goes down, Tennessee could then clean up in that cakewalk division and rack up a lot of wins.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Being objective, I went with KC.  They've been the 1 seed, what 3 years in a row?  I don't see them slowing down too much barring injuries.  But who knows...

We have to get better in every phase. I think it would have to be a very high scoring game and that Allen gets the last shot.

The Bills D will have to force a turnover or two and/or special teams steals a possession. Allen would need his whole offense healthy and to play mistake free football.

I think this could happen.

But voted KC. As I think they still have the odds judging by our last meetings.

However, where there's a will, there's a way.

Go Bills!

46 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Well there 1st game is against Cleveland could show alot right there

Should be a good one.  The Browns style of offense is ideal when attacking KC.  A lot depends on how quickly the new pieces in the Browns secondary gel.  If they get off to a slow start Mahomes will pick them apart like he did in the Divisional game before he got hurt.

Edited by Doc Brown

2 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Sounds like it could be a good game..... maybe, IDK?

KC is #1 for good reason.

I agree, KC is looking formidable (again). I don’t think the Browns will have an easy time with their division whatsoever BUT if they find a way in KC week 1 that would be interesting 

Immediately after the draft, I would’ve said KC.  After watching Rousseau, Epenesa, Obada and Basham play, i started to smell what the Beane is cooking.  Sign me up.  I think our pass rush will be much improved. 

That said, I think if Allen, Diggs, Tre’davious, Poyer or Hyde were to miss the showdown vs KC, we’d lose.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I hate myself for saying this, but KC again. They just have too much firepower, experience, a reinforced OL, and I’d rather not be the guy that jinxed our franchise 

And they have great coaching too.

14 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

When 20%+ of your roster doesn’t put the team first, I question their commitment. Whatever happened to running through a wall for the coach? There are many parallels to this being the 1989 Bills. 

For what it's worth, why don't you think they wouldn't run through a wall for McDermott?  On the field, I have complete confidence in this team's commitment and football culture. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Should be a good one.  The Browns style of offense is ideal when attacking KC.  A lot depends on how quickly the new pieces in the Browns secondary gel.  If they get off to a slow start Mahomes will pick them apart like he did in the Divisional game before he got hurt.

KC has handily outplayed the Browns in both Mahomes/Baker Matchups, including last years playoff game.  The final score makes it look close....but KC was 19-3 4 minutes into the 3rd Q when Mahomes left with concussion.

KC finsihed with something like 450 total yards to Clevelands 300.....total.  KC outrushed the Browns in that game as well.  Cleveland also converted 3 4th downs and STILL only totalled 300.

The Browns style of offense is decidedly NOT ideal when attacking KC...the Browns need to play from ahead and try and run clock and protect a lead...they are DEAD in the water down more than one score and trying to come back.  KC kills run first teams (see RAVENS and CHIEFS box scores as well)

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Immediately after the draft, I would’ve said KC.  After watching Rousseau, Epenesa, Obada and Basham play, i started to smell what the Beane is cooking.  Sign me up.  I think our pass rush will be much improved. 

That said, I think if Allen, Diggs, Tre’davious, Poyer or Hyde were to miss the showdown vs KC, we’d lose.  

I picked KC....but Buffalo suddenly having a legit pass rush, is very concerning to me.  

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

KC has handily outplayed the Browns in both Mahomes/Baker Matchups, including last years playoff game.  The final score makes it look close....but KC was 19-3 4 minutes into the 3rd Q when Mahomes left with concussion.

KC finsihed with something like 450 total yards to Clevelands 300.....total.  KC outrushed the Browns in that game as well.  Cleveland also converted 3 4th downs and STILL only totalled 300.

The Browns style of offense is decidedly NOT ideal when attacking KC...the Browns need to play from ahead and try and run clock and protect a lead...they are DEAD in the water down more than one score and trying to come back.  KC kills run first teams (see RAVENS and CHIEFS box scores as well)

I picked KC....but Buffalo suddenly having a legit pass rush, is very concerning to me.  

I know.  I said that Mahomes picked them apart in the playoff game before he got hurt.  The Browns also didn't have Garrett or Clowney to pressure Mahomes so maybe they can contain him better somewhat.

I think the Browns style of offense is ideal as they have the balance to sustain long clock eating drives (keep Mahomes off the field as much as possible) as long as they finish them with TD's.  That means going and converting it on fourth down instead of settling for the field goal.  They were 4th in red zone offense last year relying heavily on Chubb and Hunt.  Attack the middle of the Chiefs defense with Hooper and Landry using OBJ (also didn't play) to open up space.    Last year playoffs the Browns killed themselves in the first half with penalties stalling their drives having to deal with 2nd or 3rd and 15 plus yards.  Also, don't fumble the damn ball reaching for the pylon for a touchdown.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Agree 1