Golladay to giants

That’s a lot of coin, but I’m not even sure we’ve seen his best ball yet. Detroit went from a fantastic passing scheme to uhhhh we don’t know how to pass anymore over the last 3 years. 
If he’s healthy this contract might not look so bad in 2 years 

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He's fantastic when he plays.... last year was head scratching. He basically just sat out. 

Yeah I found it similar to two years ago with AJ Green. Had an injury, practiced a bunch but never hit the field or IR. I feel like the lions kept him out trying to lower his value to re sign him. Maybe they lowered it too much to franchise and trade him vs comp pick. 

Just now, Rico said:

From one scrub team to another... nothing to see here.

I don’t know.. That giant offense is stacked now. Jones obviously needs to play and Barkley and Golloday to stay healthy but that an impressive group of skill players. 

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Really? Did you notice the difference Diggs made to the Bills offense? 

There’s no arguing that point, but I think situations make a difference. Josh Allen has  more natural ability than Daniel Jones could dream of. Allen also showed more than Jones the season before we went all in on Diggs. Josh Allen’s potential made the Diggs trade seem like the right thing to do. The Giants probably shouldn’t be doubling down on Jones as their future. How many people outside of the Giants front office actually believe that Daniel Jones is a future star ? NFL teams cling to their poor choices for too long out of pride imo. 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I don’t know.. That giant offense is stacked now. Jones obviously needs to play and Barkley and Golloday to stay healthy but that an impressive group of skill players. 

Yeah, I think the Giants should have went after Fitz. They could have let Jones sit a year, and take advantage of those talented skill position players to win a very weak division. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

That’s a lot of coin, but I’m not even sure we’ve seen his best ball yet. Detroit went from a fantastic passing scheme to uhhhh we don’t know how to pass anymore over the last 3 years. 
If he’s healthy this contract might not look so bad in 2 years 

Stafford is a bum.  Rams are going to realize they should have kept Goff.

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Smart move by the Giants. Daniel Jones now has plenty of pieces around him. If he doesn't show out this year they can safely move on from him.

Safely? They drafted a RB instead of 4 pro-bowl QB’s and then reached for a QB to try to fix that mistake.

This isn’t going to end well for the Giants.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Stafford is a bum.  Rams are going to realize they should have kept Goff.

I couldn’t tell if Stafford was shell shocked or Patricia just coached any guts out of him. Definitely two different players in stafford. Maybe just injuries too 

15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Glad he is not going to Balt or Kc. 

And fools would be going nuts if the bills signed him so stop with the nyg is dumb. 

I'd be pissed if they added him for anywhere close to $18M/year. 

8 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Giants have less cap space than us.  If you want somebody, the cap doesn’t stop you.  

I wonder if they shop Engram now.  Not sure what their exact cap figure is.

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

$18m a year is an overpay on this market. I like Golladay, but that’s a stretch. 

They're paying top10 money for a top 10 wideout talent who's only 27. The only other guys his age are Cooper making $20M and Hill who also makes 18/yr. For me this is a steal.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Big mistake by the Giants. I’m still of the mindset that you find a good QB, and you pay him a lot of money. He’ll make all of your WRs look like stars. Until then, you’re just wasting money. 

That was Brady in his early years w the Pats.  He had Deion Branch and David Givens.  (all before Gronk Moss Welker and Edelman)  And he still won 3 Super Bowls.  

I would spend some money to build an O line.  I seem to recall Daniel Jones running for his life a whole bunch last year.