Devonta Freeman visiting Bills

aristocrat

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I mean would he even be able to play Saturday?

That’s what I was wondering. Some on Twitter saying he’d be eligible to play quicker because he was on a team up until 4 days ago and is current on covid testing, but I have no idea if that’s true or not.

I did just read this:

https://www.nfl.com/news/jared-veldheer-to-play-for-two-different-teams-in-same-postseason-after-signing-
‘Jared Veldheer to play for two teams in same postseason after signing with Packers’

He was on the colts practice squad and played on Saturday. Now apparently he’s set to play for the packers this weekend. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean would he even be able to play Saturday?

No.  He might be eligible but unlikely to have mastered enough of our playbook.

Look at it this way.  The Bills thought the correct # of RBs to have on the active roster was 4, counting Taiwan Jones, plus 1 on the PS.

So now we've lost Moss, they're trying to backfill with the best player available.

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well he isn't on the 53...

? Yeldon?  He is.  But he did just have covid-19, maybe he is having some wind issues or something like Myles Garrett

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

? Yeldon?  He is.  But he did just have covid-19, maybe he is having some wind issues or something like Myles Garrett

Oh, I thought he was on the practice squad.

10 hours ago, Process said:

McBeane is going to do whatever it takes to make sure TJ Yeldon never sees the field as a buffalo bill. 

Well, he IS a liability in pass protection, and had something of a fumbling history with other teams.   He is basically a soft kind of player.   Haven't seen Freeman, but if he is good, he was a monster in his prime.   Who knows?   Leave it to McBeanes.   They have absolutely proven they know what they are doing personnel-wise.  

Just now, ProcessTruster said:

Well, he can be a liability in pass protection, and had something of a fumbling history with other teams.   He is basically a soft kind of player.   Haven't seen Freeman, but if he is good, he was a monster in his prime.   Who knows?   Leave it to McBeanes.   They have absolutely proven they know what they are doing personnel-wise.  

I suspect this is adding RB depth for future playoff games should the bills win on Saturday, not a guy who would actually be ready to play on Saturday. 

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Well he isn't on the 53...

Yes he is.

11 hours ago, Worstcaseontario said:

Why is yeldon still on the team if they never use him?

Because he will be playing in 4 days. 

I have no idea, this is usually where you keep a big grinder type RB or small pass catching RB. This is where developmental RB's are usually put but Yeldon is not that either. I don't know why the ***** he is where he is.

Could he possible be related to somebody on the coaching or scouting staff? I worked a ton of different jobs when I was younger, you would always see that one guy who doesn't do ***** all day and you would ask someone  how the hell does that guy even have a job here. I would say 4 out of 8 times you would hear the answer be "that is the owners son". This is what the Yeldon situation feels like. 

This is not about not playing Yeldon this week.  This is about making sure that they replace Moss and get the guy through the COVID protocols in the event they beat Baltimore and advance.  If they don't add a running back this week and lose another guy on Saturday, they'll be in trouble.  Beane is doing exactly what needs to be done.  Too bad the JESTS haven't released Frank Gore...lol.

New York Giants

Freeman in 2020

On September 23, 2020, Freeman signed a one-year, $3 million contract with the New York Giants.[79][80] In Week 5, against the Dallas Cowboys, he recorded his first rushing touchdown as a Giant in the 37–34 loss.[81] On November 13, 2020, he was placed on injured reserve with an ankle injury.[82] He was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list by the team on December 5, 2020,[83] and moved back to injured reserve on December 17.[84] The Giants waived Freeman on January 7, 2021. He appeared in five games and totaled 54 carries for 172 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown to go along with seven receptions for 58 receiving yards.[85]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devonta_Freeman

11 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

That’s what I was wondering. Some on Twitter saying he’d be eligible to play quicker because he was on a team up until 4 days ago and is current on covid testing, but I have no idea if that’s true or not.

I did just read this:

https://www.nfl.com/news/jared-veldheer-to-play-for-two-different-teams-in-same-postseason-after-signing-
‘Jared Veldheer to play for two teams in same postseason after signing with Packers’

He was on the colts practice squad and played on Saturday. Now apparently he’s set to play for the packers this weekend. 

Great.  Maybe the Colts will lend us Deforrest Buckner for this weekend...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

That's great but what exactly is the obsession with these small backs ? He is 5'8" 209 .

Dang just call up Beast mode then he could end it where he started just come full circle . Or call Pat Dimarco back up he knows the offense and he's a bigger dude to Singletary shows that if given more than a couple of runs per quarter and when allowed to get in a rhythm he can get it done .

I do not like the RB by comity thing !

13 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Meh. I guess you can’t discount his experience, but I’d rather roll with the younger guy in Williams. But I know there’s no guarantee Freeman ever sees the active roster. 

I agree... i'd rather roll with Wade or Williams 

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Meh. I guess you can’t discount his experience, but I’d rather roll with the younger guy in Williams. But I know there’s no guarantee Freeman ever sees the active roster. 

There’s a minutia to the game that you don’t necessarily want a young back figuring out in the playoffs. 

Where to line up, where to be when the QB needs an emergency outlet, what blitzer is his, when to cover the ball when you sense someone coming from behind. 

Williams has the value of knowing the playbook better, but freeman offers better knowledge base in general. 

He’s also likely just insurance as Stills is.

Anybody know if he has to go through the 5 day window, if he’s coming right from another team?

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wade is not eligible to play.

Im completely baffled that people even seriously mention his name as a possible option. 

Even if he was eligible, aren’t people aware that this kid has very little football experience and this is the playoffs?

Edited by Bangarang