Eagles fire Doug Pederson

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Wow, I'm honestly a little surprised by this.

He lost his team with the way he went with Sudfield plus am sure ownership not too happy way Wentz was treated toward the end of the season. I hope the Jets get Pederson tbh. He's a good coach but think he need some strong coordinators to assist him, which I don't think he'll get. 

Surprised by this; he had one of the more progressive, smart programs going and I would love to get him as an OC if we need one.

I still say the natural fit for Daboll is with the Chargers, not the Eagles.

The NFL is such a weird place. Pederson goes from coaching Wentz who was having an MVP level season and thought of as the next great QB. To winning a SB with Foles and now all 3 are out of a job a few years later.

Edited by Bangarang

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He lost his team with the way he went with Sudfield plus am sure ownership not too happy way Wentz was treated toward the end of the season. I hope the Jets get Pederson tbh. He's a good coach but think he need some strong coordinators to assist him, which I don't think he'll get. 

Pissing off players in one game is not a sufficient reason to fire a coach.    And tbh  ,  Hurts was awful in the game so its not as if they benched someone who was performing at a high level.     It seems that the reason may be that they see the deterioriation /mishandling of the team's ostensible franchise quarterback was a compelling  reason to start afresh.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Hey Pederson on the market slightly decreases the chances of Daboll leaving so that’s good.

That depends on whether or not Pederson's stock is higher than Daboll's.

I think it's the other way around right now, which is fine  with me.

I'd love to get Pederson as OC if he can't swing a HC job, and we lose Daboll.

• Like (+1) 1