Eagles fire Doug Pederson

YoloinOhio

He has a ring at Bradys expense so good for him.

also, who cares about the last game of the season. He mailed it in, which a lot of teams do.

it was hilarious seeing the 6-10 Giants whine about missing the playoffs because Philly didn’t play hard enough. You were six and friggin ten!!!

Edited by Nick the Greek
  • Like (+1) 2

For people saying it's crazy, there has been a continual decline over the past three years since. 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

well, if he was forced to put in Sudfeld by the higher ups, then my opinion of him would change drastically.  

From what I am hearing, the "told what to do" is regarding his coaching choices and the QB situation.

From a local perspective: Carson Wentz was having an MVP season before he went down and Foles won the SB. He was still very good, especially last year when the Eagles were running on fumes. The issue has been that Doug won using heavy RPO with Foles, and has really tried to make that a thing. Carson Wentz was more like Josh in his second year, someone who did better when able to make plays at the line and improvise when things fell apart. He struggled in the system that worked well for Foles.

Looking at it now, Carson has big money on his contract. It would be back breaking to move on from him.

The relationship between HC and franchise QB is incredibly important. Things have gotten so bad that Wentz wasn't activated in the last game of the season. The decision to put in Sudfeld when the game was on the line annoyed a lot of the veterans on the team because no one told them the plan was to tank. The whole thing is a toxic mess.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I hope Nagy is next. 
I don’t like either of these guys. I feel like Pederson was only good with Reid and Reich and outside his first year with chi Nagy has never been good. 

Reich seems to be good head coach, but he didn't do well as an OC in San Diego and was widely viewed as a Curtis Modkins type in Philly, with Pederson running the offense.  I'm not sure that's true, but it's not as if Reich ever had a rep as an offensive guru. Also keep in mind Philly fans: If things go sour, there's always someone from the previous good years who was responsible for all of it, and when he left, it all went south. It's a common narrative. The bottom line is that the Eagles are devoid of offensive talent and have an offensive line that was the most injured in the league.  

Edited by dave mcbride

I'm sure the new HC will be told to give it his best effort to rehab Wentz for at least 1 year.  If he still sucks come next off-season, then we'll get you a new QB.

...and oh by the way, Pederson is one of those guys with a punchable face.

Edited by BTB

16 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

Crazy that he got fired.  This season was bad bit 3 straight playoff appearances and a SB??

Sounds more and more like he quit, or at least forced them to fire him. 

He may have something else lined up already.

40 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Man, that's nuts.  Won the SB three years ago.  Covid season.  Just wow.  Pederson just went to the top of the heap for coaches.  Jets become instant contenders hiring this dude.  Again, just....wow.

I don’t know what Jets team your looking at or what Doug Pederson you’ve watched. But I don’t think we are watching the same NFL if you believe Pederson on the Jets means they contend. 

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I don’t know what Jets team your looking at or what Doug Pederson you’ve watched. But I don’t think we are watching the same NFL if you believe Pederson on the Jets means they contend. 

90% of the Jest's problem was Gase.  I still believe Darnold can be a good QB with the right coach.  Pederson has the track record for making good QB's.  I hope he doesn't go to the Jest, but that may be his best opportunity.

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

90% of the Jest's problem was Gase.  I still believe Darnold can be a good QB with the right coach.  Pederson has the track record for making good QB's.  I hope he doesn't go to the Jest, but that may be his best opportunity.

Reich was the brains behind Pederson.

People here were ALWAYS complaining about Doug.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Given how the Eagles have rolled since Frank Reich departed, I'm inclined to think a lot of the credit for that offense belongs to Frank Reich.

No to Pederson.

Beat me to it

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Reich was the brains behind Pederson.

People here were ALWAYS complaining about Doug.

I also read here that Frank was a figurehead.  I think Pederson is a good HC, especially good at developing QB's.  If he can put together a good staff, he can be a force on the right team.

BTW, I only clicked on Marcia because I've been looking for an excuse to use it.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Haha (+1) 1