The Taiwan Jones Dropped TD

Is there any doubt that Brian Daboll badly wants the “most players on one team to catch a TD in a season” record? Throwing to the 4th string running back. That should have been number 14 right there, beautiful ball by Josh.

I think he’ll take another shot at it next week if the game circumstances allow.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Is there any doubt that Brian Daboll badly wants the “most players on one team to catch a TD in a season” record? Throwing to the 4th string running back. That should have been number 14 right there, beautiful ball by Josh.

I think he’ll take another shot at it next week if the game circumstances allow.

That wasn’t Dabs - they forgot to cover Jones.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

No doubt.   They had throws to Roberts  and Singletary in goal to go situations 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

The Jones drop was one of the worst ones Ive ever seen. He even had his body behind it and still blew it. Too bad, it was an easy TD.

Reminded me of the Charles Clay drop

on the game winning TD pass vs. Miami in Allen's rookie year.

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Didn't factor into the game's result.  

Now everyone knows that Taiwan Jones should be on the inactive roster every week instead of most weeks.

nah he should be active every week as he’s a great special teams player

5 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

The Jones drop was one of the worst ones Ive ever seen. He even had his body behind it and still blew it. Too bad, it was an easy TD.

Actually thought the Knox drop was worse. Man, Knox goes from a legitimate threat to a liability every single game it feels like. Really hope we don't see a crucial drop in a playoff game because I love how Knox looks when he does catch the ball and has a head of confidence.

Back to the Jones catch, he slipped into the end zone and was waving around frantically for what felt like seconds before Allen threw to him. I don't think it was designed at all. Allen even seemed to hesitate after Jones first waved his arms, almost as if he was similarly like "Taiwan? What else we got"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I wish they had sent Singletary on that route.  He would have had an easy TD

If Taiwan Jones had caught the pass Josh Allen threw to him, he would have been the 14th Bill to catch a TD pass this year.  The Bills are tied with the 2016 Falcons for the most in league history, at 13. 

Other than possible injuries, not much else went wrong tonight.

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

no

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Yes, you can tell that they want the record. Isn’t that like the first play that Taiwan Jones has been out there the whole year? 🤣

Just pass it to Singletary!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nelius said:

Actually thought the Knox drop was worse. Man, Knox goes from a legitimate threat to a liability every single game it feels like. Really hope we don't see a crucial drop in a playoff game because I love how Knox looks when he does catch the ball and has a head of confidence.

Knox just needs there to be some sort of challenge when he’s catching the ball and he’s good. He struggles with the easy catches for some reason.

3 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I thought I remembered this but this is was what happened.

There is no ***** doubt.

Edited by Warcodered

It's  a pretty obscure stat to go out of their way to get it. And if they were so aware of records and stats why didn't they get Diggs one more catch in the fourth quarter to get an incredible stat, and easily attainable one, of one of two players ever to get 10 catches in four straight games. 

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's  a pretty obscure stat to go out of their way to get it. And if they were so aware of records and stats why didn't they get Diggs one more catch in the fourth quarter to get an incredible stat, and easily attainable one, of one of two players ever to get 10 catches in four straight games. 

I don't know about that one but people have been talking about the different WR one, first I heard of the other was tonight.