Allen next week?

The 3 seed vs the 2 seed is not important enough to risk injury of any starter.  Tonight’s game was the one we wanted.  Avoiding KC in the 2nd round was the most important thing after wrapping up the division. Pittsburgh could easily lose their 1st round game.  Regardless, Cleveland is favored by 7 points next week.  Rest your core guys and get ready for the 1st round game.  The 2 vs the 3 seed isnt important enough this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Isn't Sir Andrew going to allow 6,700 fans for the playoff game?

No doubt, the last singular digit is clearly his most desirous allowance.

Will the Chiefs stay at 17,000 fans or up their home crowd advantage?

Edited by I am the egg man

Worst case the 3rd best case 2.  One of our top players gets hurt playing Miami week 17 would be beyond dumb.  Im not saying throw the game.  Barkley with 75% of the roster gives Miami all they can handle.  Its the smart play.  Prior years Buffalo would be playing for a bye just take it now.  

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

since home field doesn’t matter this year, thrm playing home or road in division doesn’t matter to them.

Pittsburgh coukd be thinking if we go for it and beat the browns we coukd have to play them the next week.

Miami wins they are at AFC south 5 v 4

Of course it matters... how do people even come up with this... sleep in your own bed, work in your own place. C'mon man.

28 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

STOP IT!!!!

We are guaranteed the #2 seed if we win. We could be the #4 seed if we lose.

Everyone plays and you play to win.

With tonight's win we are guaranteed no lower than the 3 seed......  Can't finish below that no matter what happens.

Using probabilities...as a 7 point underdog against Cleveland, Pittsburgh has around a 30% chance of winning next Sunday. And they’d probably be pick’em or worse at home against Colts, Ravens, or Browns and slight favorites against dolphins.  So that’s about a 15% chance of Pittsburgh winning their next 2 games.  Not worth the risk of injury for a 15% chance of having to make a 30 minute plane ride to play in an empty stadium. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Need that two seed so play them.  Would nice to see the Browns get off to a big lead going into halftime.  Then I'd rest our starters.  If not, keep them in to win the game.  I don't want to play the Ravens in the first round. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

If we beat Miami and the browns lose we play Baltimore 

no thanks 

If we beat the Fins the only way we play Baltimore in the 1st round is if they lose to the Bengals next week.  Basically, beat the Fins and we don't have to worry about playing the Ravens in the 1st round. 

If the Steelers win and we lose there's a very good chance we play Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If we beat the Fins the only way we play Baltimore in the 1st round is if they lose to the Bengals next week.  Basically, beat the Fins and we don't have to worry about playing the Ravens in the 1st round. 

If the Steelers win and we lose there's a very good chance we play Baltimore.

I see. must have missed something in the playoff machine. 

that browns steelers game basically decides our fate in the wildcard. 

We all think that the Bills right now are capable of beating anyone. It takes three playoff wins to get to Super Bowl. Surely the best teams don’t always win. BUT, chances are, the Steelers however poor they have played recently, will win their first playoff game at home. Not a sure thing of course but likely. 

Our chances of beating the Steelers in the semifinals of the AFC in Buffalo vs in Pittsburgh are substantially better. #2 is big. I’m not worried about injuries as much as keeping our ridiculous momentum and home field. 

Play Josh. Put the pedal to the metal. Go into the playoffs scared of no one. Be aggressive. That’s how we’ll win. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

I see. must have missed something in the playoff machine. 

that browns steelers game basically decides our fate in the wildcard. 

If interested here's a breakdown of all the scenarios. 

-If we get the two seed our only chance of playing the Ravens if they lose to the Bengals.

-If we get the three seed it's likely we play the Ravens with Titans, Ravens, and Colts also winning in week 17 (highly likely).

• Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, djp14150 said:

since home field doesn’t matter this year, thrm playing home or road in division doesn’t matter to them.

Pittsburgh coukd be thinking if we go for it and beat the browns we coukd have to play them the next week.

Miami wins they are at AFC south 5 v 4

Home field does matter in the sense with all the COVID protocols,  traveling is an hassle and I am sure there is internal fear in the players on staying in unfamiliar hotels.

7 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Home field does matter in the sense with all the COVID protocols,  traveling is an hassle and I am sure there is internal fear in the players on staying in unfamiliar hotels.

Respectfully disagree.  We win and get 2nd seed is not about the fans.  It’s ensuring we okay weaker opponents than the Chiefs.  We are second and get the 7th seed.  Then in the second round, we get the second worst team as the Chiefs will get the worst seeded.  Then we are ina rhythm, going to KC.  The fans is not the issue.  Besides, if Cuomo the way he is posturing for the rapid testing before entry will allow maybe 6000 fans or more, but he wants it for political reasons.  I won’t be there, but my friends would love to go, and for younger persons who’ve never been to a Bills home playoff game, it’s amazing however many fans are there.  Buffalo deserves it.

I agree homefield throughout the season is a non issue which is why Vegas is only giving 1.5 pts for homefield vs. the traditional 3.

21 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Respectfully disagree.  We win and get 2nd seed is not about the fans.  It’s ensuring we okay weaker opponents than the Chiefs.  We are second and get the 7th seed.  Then in the second round, we get the second worst team as the Chiefs will get the worst seeded.  Then we are ina rhythm, going to KC.  The fans is not the issue.  Besides, if Cuomo the way he is posturing for the rapid testing before entry will allow maybe 6000 fans or more, but he wants it for political reasons.  I won’t be there, but my friends would love to go, and for younger persons who’ve never been to a Bills home playoff game, it’s amazing however many fans are there.  Buffalo deserves it.

I agree homefield throughout the season is a non issue which is why Vegas is only giving 1.5 pts for homefield vs. the traditional 3.

My comment was NOT about the fans.  It was about the difference for Players for playing at home rather than playing on the road - where the travel to the destination and the stay in unfamiliar hotel (for the Players) can play on their psyche.

Fair enough Ganesh.  These guys are used to travel.  I mentioned it’s about being home until we face the Chiefs, and by some good fortune they lose in the divisional round, we play at home all the way through to the SB.  No NFC team scares me at all.  The Saints, Packers, and Bucs all have flaws.  Of these three, the most balanced is really the Bucs.  They have a better defense then the other two.  It’s a ways away so we can cross that later.  I’ve said before, this AFCC game if us and them, will be our SB.  It will also probably have the highest ratings of all time for an AFCC game.

The way we played last night, I highly doubt Allen - and anyone of significance - is playing against Miami.  

They clearly wanted Allen to get the TD record.  They were throwing to Beasley with Matt Barkley to try and get him 1,000.  

Anything is possible, but I’d be surprised if Allen, Diggs etc played.  

I could see Brown playing to shake some rust off in game speed. 

Just now, mannc said:

Isn’t there some inherent value and joy in knocking the fish out of the playoffs?

As someone in his 30’s... I really don’t care about the Dolphins like that, and I doubt the team does either.  

I absolutely get the older fans hatred of them, but I have no problem giving Miami a lay-up victory on Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The way we played last night, I highly doubt Allen - and anyone of significance - is playing against Miami.  

They clearly wanted Allen to get the TD record.  They were throwing to Beasley with Matt Barkley to try and get him 1,000.  

Anything is possible, but I’d be surprised if Allen, Diggs etc played.  

I could see Brown playing to shake some rust off in game speed. 

As someone in his 30’s... I really don’t care about the Dolphins like that, and I doubt the team does either.  

I absolutely get the older fans hatred of them, but I have no problem giving Miami a lay-up victory on Sunday. 

The fish are certainly less hateable now, with Fitz... And you have to respect the way they’ve rebuilt, even after missing on Tua.

The Bills have played two cupcakes in a row.

Getting the 2 seed, IMO, is a big step as well as it will be playoff style football against the Fish. The Bills could use a game like that before the playoffs actually start.

Play this game to win it. End of story.

Edited by Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Process said:

You realize you're talking about playing in am empty stadium in buffalo, vs an empty stadium 3 hours away in Pittsburgh?

You don't see how ridiculous that is?

no it’s not ridiculous

you say it’s empty 

I say we don’t know yet 

it could be 7000 first responders for all we know.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, djp14150 said:

A lose does not knock Miami out.  They lose Then they need Cleveland, Baltimore, or Indy to lose snd they get in. Buffalo could face Them in WC game.

going out to beat the same team in week 17 then the next week is not what you want to do.

with no fans...home field means nothing.

You must be intentionally ignoring all of the posts about having home field advantage even without fans/bye week. It has been said so many times it’s almost comical. There’s so much more than just those things-you don’t have to travel, you know the stadium much better than the visiting team, not sleeping in a hotel, just to name a few.

Are you really that nervous about playing the dolphins?! Not only do I want the Bills to play the dolphins 3 times, with the way Josh has owned the dolphins so far I want him to play them 10 times! Their defense doesn’t scare me (look at their stats, they aren’t as good as people make them out to be), Tua might be good some day, he is absolutely nothing right now...do you show them everything next week? No, definitely not...but they shouldn’t be playing scared like you’re suggesting 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

The Bills have played two cupcakes in a row.

Getting the 2 seed, IMO, is a big step as well as it will be playoff style football against the Fish. The Bills could use a game like that before the playoffs actually start.

Play this game to win it. End of story.

This ^^^^^. END OF STORY 

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

ummm...hotels are unfamiliar?  The hotels would have very high clean standards. The team would be on their own floors.  They take chartered flights...

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Isn’t there some inherent value and joy in knocking the fish out of the playoffs?

People don’t seem to understand playoff seeding.  Beating Miami does not eliminate thrm.

Right now the rank order of teams are for WC 

Miami

baltimore 

cincinati

indianapolis.

if buffalo beats Miami and another of those teams lose, Miami gets in.  A buffalo win means buffalo could be playing Miami again.