Week 15 Bills @ Broncos Postgame Thread

Chandler#81

14 minutes ago, WatfordBills said:

That last sentence is exactly it. This should've been controlled by airport security much better. 

There's videos of Siran Neal high-fiving people (and I think Josh Norman did the same), players with windows down whilst fans are basically in their car. It's a minefield. 

On another note, if a bunch of our players are out, I get the feeling the NFL won't be as lenient as they were with the Titans

Yeah I mean that’s reckless on the part of those 1-2 players, and whoever else may have done it.

It’s not like the players were stationary the entire time and resting in a crowd of people. Their interactions with an individual person were less than 2-3 seconds, the likelihood of anything catastrophic happening has to be pretty low. Still not great, would prefer the highest level of caution possible.

I would also like to add the players are clowns for posting these things of social media, but Bradley Gelber is also a clown with ZERO feel by screen recording them all and posting them in a more accessible way on Twitter.

Edited by JGMcD2
Additional thought
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah I mean that’s reckless on the part of those 1-2 players, and whoever else may have done it.

It’s not like the players were stationary the entire time and resting in a crowd of people. Their interactions with an individual person were less than 2-3 seconds, the likelihood of anything catastrophic happening has to be pretty low. Still not great, would prefer the highest level of caution possible.

Plus they were outside.

Edited by letsgoteam
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I would also like to add the players are clowns for posting these things of social media, but Bradley Gelber is also a clown with ZERO feel by screen recording them all and posting them in a more accessible way on Twitter.

If the players post them themselves then they're out there no way it doesn't get seen in this climate no reason for Gelber not to report on it.

Edited by Warcodered

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If the players post them themselves then they're out there no way it doesn't get seen in this climate no reason for Gelber not to report on it.

Yeah that’s not really the point, like I said dumb on the players part without a doubt.

For Gelber it’s likely going to burn bridges with guys in the locker room, for a beat writer that’s not a good place to be at all. If Gelber was smart he’d stay out of it and let they players dig their own graves, rather than pile on when he knows it’s likely going to be seen in another form anyway as you said. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Also an FYI... Notre Dame fans stormed the field after they beat Clemson a few weeks back... they didn’t have their first positive test until 5 days ago.

Only 1 of 191 players and it wasn’t related to the storming of the field which was much more egregious and put players in a far more compromising position than what we saw today. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2020/11/09/notre-dame-football-clemson-storm-field-ban-testing-students-fighting-irish/

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Process said:

Hundreds of people gathering in the middle of a pandemic over a regular season win, no matter how significant, is idiotic in the first place.

I really with the bills twitter wasn't posting videos of it. This whole thing is truly embarrassing.

It was an organized political protest against the Patriots and the horrible refs from today’s game therefore allowed and safe.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think odds are low any COVID cases for the Bills coming out of this, it was very casual contact for a very brief moment. Really the fans were more at risk given how long they were all crowded together like that. That said still a bad look and would not be surprised if there are fines. Might be best to keep some of the players away from the rest of the team for a bit 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I gotta see this!  Is it online somewhere?

Edit: found it here:

https://www.nfl.com/network/shows/nfl-gameday#

That's great.  Allen shows the fine "pocket awareness" of a quality QB and braces for impact  😭  I'm amazed that the microphone was left standing

Nice alternative angle here

3 hours ago, Process said:

Holy ****. What an embarrassment this fan base is. Look at these videos. Obviously players are at fault too.

This idiot, who has me blocked (can't remember why), says fans are "literally" in Dawkins' car when they are literally...outside the car.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This idiot, who has me blocked (can't remember why), says fans are "literally" in Dawkins' car when they are literally...outside the car.

Meanwhile, Cuomo's head while watching these videos is probably exploding 😅 this is what happens though when you keep telling people no. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

If I am a free agent this makes me want to consider the Bills .. you can make money anywhere but in Buffalo you are part of a big crazy family. I wish the fans did not come up to the windows .. but I also wish the Bills would stop shaking hands at midfield after games. At the end of the day a) the Mafia is amazing; b) the players feel it; and c) after 25 years we are AFC East champs and this was going to happen.

• Like (+1) 4

I love the fan videos. They needed that and the players needed that!!.  I don’t think any of it would be considered a 15 minute no mask close contact to where it would be a risk. High fives are not a risk either. If the team is fined I don’t think they will care. Looked like everyone had a mask on and the GM’s wife was on Twitter begging the fans to wear masks when they show up. I agree with those who say that the fans were more at risk than the team with how close they were.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Wiz said:

This was one of the liners right back at the pitcher type of plays.

Kumerow didn't catch it, Allen just drilled it into him.

That’s a cover-2 beater. Man up? Diggs and Beasley defeat man all day. man-over on those two? then you don’t have enough bodies to spy and get killed on the scramble. Blitz and cover 0 has had some efficacy but Allen is starting to dump it off and matriculate and God help you if he starts hitting the deep post against that.

This is why you draft and develop the toolsy kid who can attack every area of the field and neutralize pressure with size/legs. There’s always an answer no meter the defense. Can you imagine trying to scheme to stop this offense? We’re going to see next week, if the best schemer in history can find a way. If not... oooh it moved.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

This was me by the way. And I didn’t care!

Allen and Diggs won me the regular season, and yesterday’s performance has me looking good for the Super Bowl next week! 
Josh is the man. Love watching him become the player he is. Kid believed in himself when nobody else did and he has worked his tail off. 
great time to be a Bills fan!

Go Bills!! 

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love the fan videos. They needed that and the players needed that!!.  I don’t think any of it would be considered a 15 minute no mask close contact to where it would be a risk. High fives are not a risk either. If the team is fined I don’t think they will care. Looked like everyone had a mask on and the GM’s wife was on Twitter begging the fans that wear masks when they show up. I agree with those who say that the fans were more at risk than the team with how close they were.

CDC defines close contact as 15 minutes within six feet, particularly indoors.  None of this constitutes close contact from what I can tell.  Stupid, yes.  but totally understandable and not all that stupid from the players.  Now just the fans, pretty stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

This was me by the way. And I didn’t care!

Meanwhile, I go into the rest of my playoff matchup with one of my Wr’s (Diggs) outperforming his QB (Discount double douche) by 7 points. 

10 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

That’s a cover-2 beater. Man up? Diggs and Beasley defeat man all day. man-over on those two? then you don’t have enough bodies to spy and get killed on the scramble. Blitz and cover 0 has had some efficacy but Allen is starting to dump it off and matriculate and God help you if he starts hitting the deep post against that.

This is why you draft and develop the toolsy kid who can attack every area of the field and neutralize pressure with size/legs. There’s always an answer no meter the defense. Can you imagine trying to scheme to stop this offense? We’re going to see next week, if the best schemer in history can find a way. If not... oooh it moved.

Oh and also, John Brown is coming back next week. So. 

Edited by whatdrought

16 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Allen and Diggs won me the regular season, and yesterday’s performance has me looking good for the Super Bowl next week! 
Josh is the man. Love watching him become the player he is. Kid believed in himself when nobody else did and he has worked his tail off. 
great time to be a Bills fan!

Go Bills!! 

I at least had Diggs ... 

• Like (+1) 1

Great Job Bills Mafia this team deserves some fan love :)

I love how all the new players were all in awe of how amazing the Bills fans are showing up at 2am to greet them.

I would have loved to be there:)  ...................but the border is closed 

• Like (+1) 2

A baker's dozen random thoughts about the Denver game:

1.  The wrinkle no one saw coming was the statue of liberty play.  That was poetry in motion and did not deserved to be called back on such a ticky-tacky holding call.

2.  That pass from Allen to Kumerow was a thing of football beauty.  That was soul crushing for the Broncos.

3.  When Hughes picked up the ball, I was like oh no not him.  Especially when he was running the wrong way initially and holding the ball out there.  And then he got his compass pointed in the right direction and the run was amazing.  Amazing.

4.  Tre White absolutely flew into that backfield to get the strip sack.

5.  Things you don't see every day.  Or never.  Bills had an offensive linemen get called for Pass Interference.

6.  I actually felt bad for the Broncos.  The Singletary TD run at the end of the game emphasized how gassed the Denver D was.  Good for Devin. 

7.  The Bills scored a lot more TDs than the official score showed.  Crazy how many TDs have been called back this year by penalty.  It has to lead the league.

8.  The Denver kicker.  ooof.

9.  Lock ....  Nice pass to Fant.  and the rest of the game  ooof.

10. Rumor has it that Chubb played yesterday..  Anyone see him?

11. Oh those injuries.  Is there a worse time in a game to be taking injuries when the game is a complete blow out?  Fingers cross on Williams.

12.  48 points.  Rolling, rolling, rolling

13.  Two receivers over 100 yards.  Two!!!

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I woke up this morning and thought about the games on today and it's the first time in a LONG time where I literally do not care who wins or loses.  Such a good feeling to be AFC East Division Champs and in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years.  I honestly don't care who we play in round 1...they're toast!

Also, anyone remember what happened to Diggs' foot:  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/19/sean-mcdermott-doesnt-have-an-update-on-stefon-diggs-foot/

Memory is pretty fuzzy after yesterday lol

Edited by Johnnycage46
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I woke up this morning and thought about the games on today and it's the first time in a LONG time where I literally do not care who wins or loses.  Such a good feeling to be AFC East Division Champs and in the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years.  I honestly don't care who we play in round 1...they're toast!

Also, anyone remember what happened to Diggs' foot:  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/19/sean-mcdermott-doesnt-have-an-update-on-stefon-diggs-foot/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love the fan videos. They needed that and the players needed that!!.  I don’t think any of it would be considered a 15 minute no mask close contact to where it would be a risk. High fives are not a risk either. If the team is fined I don’t think they will care. Looked like everyone had a mask on and the GM’s wife was on Twitter begging the fans to wear masks when they show up. I agree with those who say that the fans were more at risk than the team with how close they were.

My biggest gripe about it was that the fans were sticking their heads up players car windows. Guys, have some more respect, the last thing we want is any chance, no matter how small, of any team spread because fans wouldn’t keep their distance. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Same! I genuinely do not care, it feels weird.

21 minutes ago, Mango said:

My biggest gripe about it was that the fans were sticking their heads up players car windows. Guys, have some more respect, the last thing we want is any chance, no matter how small, of any team spread because fans wouldn’t keep their distance. 

yeah, that is plainly idiotic. No one wants to get our players sick. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.