Bills activate Johnotthan Harrison

BubbaT

for those who dont know who he is

The Bills will elevate Jonotthan Harrison from the practice squad for Saturday's game. This will be his first elevation for Buffalo.

He is a seventh year player who spent the previous three seasons with the New York Jets. He has appeared in 84 career games with 42 starts in six NFL seasons. He played in all 16 games in 2019 - making 10 starts at center.

Harrison (6-4, 300) is a native of Groveland, FL and played his college football at Florida.

from buffalobills.com

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

They wanted to show they love someone no matter how poorly their parents did in school with spelling?

This ^^^  I’m certain of it... 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

They wanted to show they love someone no matter how poorly their parents did in school with spelling?

The Bills have protected him on the practice squad several times already this year. There is something about him they like.

Both Feliciano and Morse have had to come out of games recently due to injury and Spain is long gone from the roster, so perhaps they wanted another depth interior lineman available.  I say this after reading the post about Harrison's history (noting that he started 10 games at center last year).

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Both Feliciano and Morse have had to come out of games recently due to injury and Spain is long gone from the roster, so perhaps they wanted another depth interior lineman available.  I say this after reading the post about Harrison's history (noting that he started 10 games at center last year).

Particularly Morse.  Between injury and weak play, the Bills may want Morse out of there, and they think Harrison and Feliano at guard is better than Felicuano and Winters at guard. Winters hasn't exactly gotten rave reviews. 

When will Bates be more than potential? 

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Particularly Morse.  Between injury and weak play, the Bills may want Morse out of there, and they think Harrison and Feliano at guard is better than Felicuano and Winters at guard. Winters hasn't exactly gotten rave reviews. 

Swapping one former Jet for a different one.

56 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

The Bills have protected him on the practice squad several times already this year. There is something about him they like.

Rightt, tthey did, tthe spelllling of hiss namme. 😃 

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i believe the two T’s in “Johnotthan” is the original Latin spelling. 

I laughed out loud!!! 😃 

By the way, why isn’t @YoloinOhio breaking this stuff any more? Hello...Yolo...are you ok? Put two spaces between all words if you need help! 😃 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, K-9 said:

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Oh the pain, the pain of it all...

I always knew the Gorn from 'Star Trek' could kick Carrot Alien's a**!

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Has Morse been playing bad? This isn’t an argumentative question, I havent paid much attention to the center position. 

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I think Boettgher is much better then Winters.  Next season I would be fine with Beottgher and Ford at the guard positions.  With Feliciano at Center.  Cut Morse-save that fat contract and use it towards resigning Milano and Darryl Williams.  And we can always draft another interior lineman for depth and competition.  And of course there is Ryan Bates too.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Has Morse been playing bad? This isn’t an argumentative question, I havent paid much attention to the center position. 

He's been injured, for one. I thi k he also has been getting overpowered I. Pass protection. I've never thought he was a solid anchor there. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I laughed out loud!!! 😃 

By the way, why isn’t @YoloinOhio breaking this stuff any more? Hello...Yolo...are you ok? Put two spaces between all words if you need help! 😃 

i am going to give yolo a pass. This thread about “JTT” just feels like a Bubba T thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

I laughed out loud!!! 😃 

Are you sure this isn't a post about former coach Gregggg Williams?

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

He's been injured, for one. I thi k he also has been getting overpowered I. Pass protection. I've never thought he was a solid anchor there. 

He’s not a heavy center, he’s always been a move guy, with the ability to get into space. If he’s healthy I still want him as my C1.

10 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

He was the weak link on Sunday. That said, Cam Heyward is one hell of a player. 

10 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I think Boettgher is much better then Winters.  Next season I would be fine with Beottgher and Ford at the guard positions.  With Feliciano at Center.  Cut Morse-save that fat contract and use it towards resigning Milano and Darryl Williams.  And we can always draft another interior lineman for depth and competition.  And of course there is Ryan Bates too.  

They need to re-sign Feliciano too.

13 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The main thing is to get the pronunciation correct.

Johnotthan, Jay-oh-not-than

KeyPeeleBar640.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That he writes in studder.

12 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Oh the pain, the pain of it all...

I always knew the Gorn from 'Star Trek' could kick Carrot Alien's a**!

And the Morlocks from the Time Machine.  Flesh eating bastages.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Boy it would be great to have Wyatt Teller back.  I think trading him for peanuts was one of McBeane's mistakes (not that he's made that many, but no one is perfect).

Would it be great?  Would you have played him last year over Mongo and Spain to give him the needed playing time to develop?  He was ranked as one of the worst guards last year, but Cleveland played him and took the losses.  Would you have been ok losing more games and not making the playoffs last year to maybe develop a guard?

The issue is that people think the Teller of this year would be the Teller the Bills developed if he stayed and I don’t think so.  Beane recognized he had talent and said as much, but he was their 4th best guard last year in pre season and had no position flexibility- so Beane recognized he was not making the roster and could get a return.

Cleveland made the deal and played him a lot last year and worked through the struggles and then brought in a run first HC and a run heavy plan that plays into his strengths.  I don’t think for a second he would be anywhere near the same player on the Bills with a pass first attack leading to a more passive OL set-up - as that is still what he struggles with.  If teams know the Browns are passing and they attack the o-line - Teller is a different player - he is not a dominant pass blocker in definitive passing situations.

Beane has made a several mistakes - Teller at the time of the trade was a needed move or the Bills were cutting him for nothing.  He (and Ike his replacement once they got him back from the Chiefs) are examples of why the PS is needed to give guys time to develop.  The Bills knew both of those players had potential, but neither were ready last year and needed time and last year for the Bills was not a growth year where we could experiment and let the o-line in front of Josh struggle.  They had expectations of making the playoffs.  The difference between Ike and Teller - was Ike worked on position flexibility- he learned center in case it was needed - Teller is/was and will continue to be a guard only.  That is not what the Bills want in a back-up o-line.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Might not be a bad idea....although I’m still worried about Ford.   We certainly haven’t missed him 

16 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

He dislocated his elbow during the game last week. They braced it up and he got back in the game but it's not fun. Having a backup center you can put in without moving all the guards is probably a good thing.

19 hours ago, BubbaT said:

Per Chris Brown and others: The #Bills Elevated OL Jonotthan Harrison from the practice squad for Saturday's game at Denver.

I have no understanding as to why but have to think he was about to get poached perhaps

I think he was the Jets backup center or former starter. If I recall correctly the Jets fans didn’t want to see him go.