Week 14 Expert Picks...Many picking the Bills

Big Turk

ESPN has all but 1 picking the Bills...not sure I like when everyone picks us to win!

image.thumb.png.739af326eef3c65a8ebfa510cf50c8b7.png

PETE PRISCO, CBS Sports

Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills 

Latest Odds:Bills -2.5

Both teams are playing on a short week after playing Monday, but Buffalo comes in feeling much better about themselves. They are playing well after Josh Allen lit up the 49ers. The Steelers have a better defense, but they showed some flaws against Washington. They can't run it, which is a problem. I think the Bills keep rolling.

Pick: Bills 27, Steelers 23

NY TIMES Pick

Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills, 8:20 p.m., NBC

Line: Bills -2.5 | Total: 46.5

Earlier this week, people were openly wondering if the Steelers (11-1) could go undefeated. One not entirely shocking loss to Washington later, and Pittsburgh is an underdog against the Bills (9-3). The reasons, for the loss and the betting line, are injuries on defense, which are weakening the team’s biggest strength, and a slumping offense.

Buffalo is coming off a big win over San Francisco, looking like a good bet to win the A.F.C. East and making people talk about quarterback Josh Allen as an emerging superstar. Unless Pittsburgh turns it around on both sides of the ball, it may go from 11 consecutive wins to two straight losses. Pick: Bills -2.5

SPORTING NEWS:

• Pittsburgh Steelers (-1) at Buffalo Bills  

Sunday, 8:20 p.m. ET, NBC 

The Steelers are on their third game in 12 days, and it's a tough spot at Buffalo. The Bills also are coming off a short week, but they are 5-1 at home. Josh Allen makes the most of the opportunity by handing Pittsburgh a second loss. 

Pick: Bills 26, Steelers 20  

Edited by matter2003

Wickersham almost always picks against the Bills.  Not going to lie though, this makes me really nervous.  I think everyone picked the Bills over Tennessee and we know what happened.  Different circumstance but still 

27 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

That's too bad. Most of them are total dopes who's opinions are almost solely formed with a recency biased based on the last set of highlights they watched

This is spot on, though there are a few people like Matt Bowen who do know football

• Like (+1) 1

I think a lot of this unbridled enthusiasm is due to considering only the most recent games each team played. 

The truth is that the Steelers, like the Patriots, always seem to have the Bills' number.  Whether it's personnel matchups or bad luck, we struggle with Pittsburgh.  I doubt the talking heads are aware of this pattern, or have taken it into account.

I like the Bills' chances but am not overconfident. 

Game will be competitive, turnovers probably decide it.  From scrimmage, I see Steelers pass rush being the best Bills have seen this year, so if Dabs/Josh go pass happy, not sure that goes as well as it has.  Big Ben has been throwing it really well, so Pitt will score points on this defense.   So lets go play the game.   It will be very competitive.   Predicting outcomes in the NFL is silly.  Weather will be cold but not crazy.   

Since the Playoffs after the 94 season when the Steelers knocked Kelly out of the game and got a free TD ( receiver’s foot was out / no replay year/ did the same thing the next week against Indy) I have HATED the Steelers. I’ve also been afraid to play them because they always kick our @$$.

This is legit the first time I’ve felt good about a Steelers game in 27 years.

Josh and the Boys are feeling it and understand how huge this game is. 
    We WILL beat them.

8 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

So do we like the attention or do we want to go back to "the national media hates us?"

I like it when we're underdogs and nobody thinks anything of the bills. However, if the bills are gonna be an elite team, this is what's gonna happen, and they have to ignore it all

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Since the Playoffs after the 94 season when the Steelers knocked Kelly out of the game and got a free TD ( receiver’s foot was out / no replay year/ did the same thing the next week against Indy) I have HATED the Steelers. I’ve also been afraid to play them because they always kick our @$$.

This is legit the first time I’ve felt good about a Steelers game in 27 years.

Josh and the Boys are feeling it and understand how huge this game is. 
    We WILL beat them.

Sure it wasn't 1995?  Bills missed playoffs in 1994.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I watched PTI for the first time in forever yesterday. Both Kornheiser and Wilbon picked PIT after praising Bills and Allen's performance against SF, while trashing PIT recent play. I obviously don't mind someone picking against us, but Kornheiser's reasoning was illogical. Immediately after praising the MNF game, he said "I'm not sure how Buffalo does under 'big lights''" I think he meant bright lights, but confusing either way.

55 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

We’ve been underdogs for 20 years. Do we want to go back to that? And for the record most of the time we were underdogs during those 20 years..we lost anyways. 

Yea we were underdogs for a reason.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Anyone who watched the Steelers play and the Bills play Sunday would pick the Bills.

Nobody watched the Steelers and the Bills play last Sunday. I assure you of that.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

So do we like the attention or do we want to go back to "the national media hates us?"

Yup, big question for sure, 😁

that and it seems “regency bias” is the phrase Dejuor... 😂

Go Bills!!!

I am watching GMFB right now and it is hilarious listening to them coming up with a bunch of crazy scenarios that they think will/could get the Patriots* into the play-offs still.  They even referenced the Bengals game that got the Bills in a few years ago.  They seem so desperate to have the Pats* get in.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea we were underdogs for a reason.

Nobody watched the Steelers and the Bills play last Sunday. I assure you of that.

Correction*  "watched the Steelers play Monday and the Bill splay Sunday"  or "watch both the Steelers and the Bills play on Week 13" or....

Point stands.

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Correction*  "watched the Steelers play Monday and the Bill splay Sunday"  or "watch both the Steelers and the Bills play on Week 13" or....

Point stands.

Lol, 

Sunday, monday, something like that eh...

I get your point Weo, and agree. If you wagched both teams play its not surprising Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills are favored IMO. 

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Figster said:

Lol, 

Sunday, monday, something like that eh...

I get your point Weo, and agree. If you wagched both teams play its not surprising Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills are favored IMO. 

Steelers looked listless.  

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Steelers looked listless.  

I've always been a fan of the so called game managing expert skills of Alex Smith. 

The Steelers did look listless. On the other hand I think the Washington football team did a good job making them look that way.

Smith proved by protecting the football on O you can beat them IMO.

(On a side note the benching of Moss for fumbling was a good lesson learned leading up to the game with the Steelers)

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

Hold on team.  Put you’re Greg Brady Hawaii Tiki back in the Flutie box (curse reference for the youngins and if you don’t know Greg Brady shame on you as dorky as that show was in the 70’s), did you not see all the other favorites picked like the Bucs, Packs, and so on.

The Steelers look bad the last t two weeks, we look excellent, and they lost two defensive pieces.  Our guys are getting healthy minus Brown. It’s a sound pick, but many of us are so worried about juju, it makes sense.

Im not saying we definitely win, but I like my chances.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree too. Just wondering what WEO has been drinking to forget his days so quickly. I want some.

If I'm being honest the days did kinda get mixed up for me to there for a minute with all the football on Monday.

Edited by Figster

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Hold on team.  Put you’re Greg Brady Hawaii Tiki back in the Flutie box (curse reference for the youngins and if you don’t know Greg Brady shame on you as dorky as that show was in the 70’s), did you not see all the other favorites picked like the Bucs, Packs, and so on.

The Steelers look bad the last t two weeks, we look excellent, and they lost two defensive pieces.  Our guys are getting healthy minus Brown. It’s a sound pick, but many of us are so worried about juju, it makes sense.

Im not saying we definitely win, but I like my chances.

This could very well be a preview to the AFC championship game IMO.

Both teams know it...

18 minutes ago, Figster said:

This could very well be a preview to the AFC championship game IMO.

Both teams know it...

Think there is a team in red with something to say about that. I mean if Josh plays like he did Monday the rest of the way and the defense plays like it has the last 4 or 5 weeks then Kansas City are the only team stopping Buffalo reaching the Superbowl. Ideally we avoid them until the AFCCG.... and the way to do that is beat the Steelers and then win out and hope they get one more loss off Indy or Cleveland.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Think there is a team in red with something to say about that. I mean if Josh plays like he did Monday the rest of the way and the defense plays like it has the last 4 or 5 weeks then Kansas City are the only team stopping Buffalo reaching the Superbowl. Ideally we avoid them until the AFCCG.... and the way to do that is beat the Steelers and then win out and hope they get one more loss off Indy or Cleveland.

We hope the team in red gets knocked out by a team in black

Let me clarify since we are wearing lollipop red next sunday.  I'm talking about K C in the playoffs.

Edited by Figster