Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Amp up practice when they're playing their 3rd game in 11 days with all their guys banged up? Lol I think this 'teams coming out angry and playing better because they lost' thing is an absolute myth. Good teams don't lose two in a row often because the odds of them losing even one in a row is pretty low 🤣

I don’t think it’s a myth but I agree it’s a tough rebound for them. Difficult to put the screws to your players when they have so many games so soon and have had so much success. I’m hoping they just want a break (there bye came early and unexpectedly) which lets us just steam roll them. 

Edited by YattaOkasan

5 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Don’t know where people get these ideas?   

The Steelers will prepare the same way  at 11-1 as they would at  12-0.   It’s not their fault the schedule turned out easy.  They are good but until the season plays out we don’t know how good.    Once the game starts all the media hype fades away.  I was picking the Bills to win and that isn’t changing just because the Steelers are “mad at losing”.  

Well said Bob.  People making comments like “oh watch out, they will be mad” comes from people Who have never really played sports at a high level”.  Each team has their own motivation to win.  With that logic, the Jags wouldn’t be fighting every game as hard as they are and only won one game.  The Broncos have no hope, but still play to win like they won on the Dolphins.  Did the Chargers give up with only three wins, or did they fight as hard as possible against us.

I have hope for us Sunday.  It will neither be easy or impossible to win.  It will be a battle, and the team that game plans, and executes better will win.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well said Bob.  People making comments like “oh watch out, they will be mad” comes from people Who have never really played sports at a high level”.  Each team has their own motivation to win.  With that logic, the Jags wouldn’t be fighting every game as hard as they are and only won one game.  The Broncos have no hope, but still play to win like they won on the Dolphins.  Did the Chargers give up with only three wins, or did they fight as hard as possible against us.

I have hope for us Sunday.  It will neither be easy or impossible to win.  It will be a battle, and the team that game plans, and executes better will win.

Exactly.  The Steelers will not think about Washington on Sunday night.  

12 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Ben was still only 24th in YPA as recently as 2 weeks ago. he's now even worse at 29th. He was choosing his shots early but they still weren't asking him to throw down the field in the first half of the season.

Sidenote. heres 8 of the 12 qb's the Steelers have faced to this point. Backups/Rookies on bad teams.

Jones

Driscal

Wentz

Gilbert

Lutton

Burrow

Griffin/Mcsorley

Smith

LOOK AT THAT LIST.... 

Wow, I knew it was bad, but not that bad. That list is a joke!

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i live on the outskirts of "stiller" country in Northwest PA and so i've watched a lot of them over my life. Its crazy to watch almost every tipped pass or forced fumble fall into their defenders hands over the last 2 seasons. its really odd....... also i hate them so freaking much!!!! i'm life right in the middle of Buff and Pitt. So its seriously hostile territory around here this week.

Oh bro, I feel ya. I do not like the Steelers either.

I lived in the Pittsburgh area for around seven years. It was brutal at times.

Did I mention that I do not like the Steelers?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Oh bro, I feel ya. I do not like the Steelers either.

I lived in the Pittsburgh area for around seven years. It was brutal at times.

Did I mention that I do not like the Steelers?

I hate Steeler fan more than the Steelers.

17 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Ben was still only 24th in YPA as recently as 2 weeks ago. he's now even worse at 29th. He was choosing his shots early but they still weren't asking him to throw down the field in the first half of the season.

Sidenote. heres 8 of the 12 qb's the Steelers have faced to this point. Backups/Rookies on bad teams.

Jones

Driscal

Wentz

Gilbert

Lutton

Burrow

Griffin/Mcsorley

Smith

LOOK AT THAT LIST.... 

The Steelers remind me of last year's Patriots and the Browns of last year's Bills.  The Patriots were a good team with a great record because of inferior competition and with an ageing quarterback whose arm strength issues became more of a problem later in the year.  The Bills were a so-so team that pulled out some close wins against bad competition and managed to compile a good record based on that competition. But, as the year progressed, they gained experienced and confidence until by the time the playoffs came they had become a pretty good team.

6 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Exactly.  The Steelers will not think about Washington on Sunday night.  

It’s not that they will be thinking of WFT on Sunday or that their routine would change. It’s that they would be dwelling on the loss that would take away from their preparation. This mental preparation is also part of the reason why it’s a week to week league. 

• Like (+1) 1

Steelers will have a great gameplan.  No question about that so we need to be able to adjust.   If I was a betting man I think we see steelers use some double moves and try to get deep and on D I expect them to spy allen believe it or not.  Keep him in pocket and use delayed blitzes 

25 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

It’s not that they will be thinking of WFT on Sunday or that their routine would change. It’s that they would be dwelling on the loss that would take away from their preparation. This mental preparation is also part of the reason why it’s a week to week league. 

That’s wishful thinking but doubtful.  They’ll be ready 

5 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Steelers will have a great gameplan.  No question about that so we need to be able to adjust.   If I was a betting man I think we see steelers use some double moves and try to get deep and on D I expect them to spy allen believe it or not.  Keep him in pocket and use delayed blitzes 

I expect a lot of pressure on Allen all game. No way Tomlin will watch San Fran rushing 4 and Josh picking them apart then do the exact same thing.

11 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

I expect a lot of pressure on Allen all game. No way Tomlin will watch San Fran rushing 4 and Josh picking them apart then do the exact same thing.

I have to agree. The 49ers looked an awful like the Bills did when they sat back against Brady over the years. Tom would just pick us apart. The Steelers won’t make that same mistake.

2 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Let’s hope they do bring pressure because Allen has been killing blitzes all season. But given their injuries on D, I’m not sure we will see a lot of it from the Steelers. Allen and Co. have been evolving into a “pick your poison” type of offense as SF saw the other night. Saleh mixed it up all game with every look imaginable and it didn’t matter. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, fergie's ire said:

The Steelers remind me of last year's Patriots and the Browns of last year's Bills.  The Patriots were a good team with a great record because of inferior competition and with an ageing quarterback whose arm strength issues became more of a problem later in the year.  The Bills were a so-so team that pulled out some close wins against bad competition and managed to compile a good record based on that competition. But, as the year progressed, they gained experienced and confidence until by the time the playoffs came they had become a pretty good team.

Browns have a game changer RB and an elite pass rusher. These are key in cold weather and playoffs. We've not had these. Whats changed with the Browns, is a disciplined coach has grounded Mayfeild some and settled them down. 

They concern me, but part of me really wants to play and beat them. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am worried the most about the ravens or Patriots sneaking into the playoffs, and having to play them. Physical defenses with lots of playoff experience and good head coaches. 

How would the Ravens score?

Living in the tri-state area(Northwest Pa), Cleveland is 90 min west, Pitt is 90 min south, and buffalo is 90 min north. So there’s a really cool mix of those fans here and it’s been really fun football season for this area. I’ve had a lot of talks with browns fans about what you just said. I’ve said the exact same thing you just explained. 

browns have the same feel as our bills from last season. Protecting the qb with coaching and top 5 run game and getting better all year while feasting on a very weak schedule. 

Our punter does not have enough punts to qualify....even though he hasn't missed a game.  Let that sink in.

If the Bills punt less than 15 times in the next 4 games they will set a new team record for fewest punts in a season. (Current record 54 in 1990. We are at 39 right now.)

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am worried the most about the ravens or Patriots sneaking into the playoffs, and having to play them. Physical defenses with lots of playoff experience and good head coaches. 

Harbaugh and Belichick absolutely give their teams an advantage in the postseason, but neither of these teams "worry" me.

58 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Agree.  So Allen needs to be ready to run and take some shots against 1 on 1 coverage. 

58 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Hard to get exotic with a third string mike.  Tomlin is a zone guy.  Tennesse and Kc slowed the Bills with zone.  I feel the offense has grown.  The question is how is the weather.  How are the pass catchers in the elements.  Overall, I like the match up and thing Buffalo should win.

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Hard to get exotic with a third string mike.  Tomlin is a zone guy.  Tennesse and Kc slowed the Bills with zone.  I feel the offense has grown.  The question is how is the weather.  How are the pass catchers in the elements.  Overall, I like the match up and thing Buffalo should win.

It can't be said enough but Davis has really stepped up with Brown hurt. When Brown comes back just think of all the options for Allen with Diggs, Brown, Beasley and Davis. No wonder the offense has another gear when all are healthy.

2 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

They’ve beat a few good teams (Ravensx2, Titans, Browns) but yes... by n large they’ve had a really easy schedule.. lost to the Redskins .. very beatable despite what the record says.. I expect the Bills to off them..

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

It can't be said enough but Davis has really stepped up with Brown hurt. When Brown comes back just think of all the options for Allen with Diggs, Brown, Beasley and Davis. No wonder the offense has another gear when all are healthy.

Goes to show how deep that draft at Wr was.  Reading his pre-draft grades it was written a few differant places he was a surfire day 2 pick in almost every other draft.  His work ethic is going to make him our #2 wr in short order.  His off season work with Brandon Marshall im looking forward to hopefully a similar career arch to Allen in terms of growth.

• Like (+1) 1