Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

47 games now without a defensive td..... THIS IS THE WEEK.

Thought of you last night and in the Hawks game when our returns got stopped inside the 5.  Both of those were similar returns.  Sorta bouncing around and almost pulling off the silly TD return.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Thought of you last night and in the Hawks game when our returns got stopped inside the 5.  Both of those were similar returns.  Sorta bouncing around and almost pulling off the silly TD return.

ugh. stopped at the 3 and the 5..... i mean, its been a creepy long duration. i think the steelers have 7 or 8 just in the last 2 years.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I doubt all 5 of those things happen.  Still, we are firmly in the driver’s seat!

None of them are far fetched though. 

16 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

ugh. stopped at the 3 and the 5..... i mean, its been a creepy long duration. i think the steelers have 7 or 8 just in the last 2 years.

Longest active streak in the NFL, I heard yesterday. 

Just now, Scott7975 said:

I was thinking the same thing. Most of those outcomes are probably in the Bills favor. For me this weekend I want LA over NE, KC over MIA and a Bills win. If those happen then they are in great shape.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Longest active streak in the NFL, I heard yesterday

i'm on here weekly pounding the table about it. i hadnt done the research to see if it was the longest but i knew it had to be... i cant believe it hasnt gotten more attention. its an alarmingly long drought.

• Like (+1) 1

A team that thrives off QB pressure, down Bud Dupree and two CBs, down to 3rd string MLB.

Versus one of the best QBs under pressure in the NFL. 

CBs also do a lot of man right? 

There are a lot of tangible reasons to like the Bills next week. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

Annoying that Washington beat them. Would have been nice to see the Bills hand them their first loss.

yeah, also I think the bills would have had a better chance if they were still undefeated.  Now Tomlin is pissed off they lost the the WFT, and it’s going to probably amp up practice 

2 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Bud Dupree is a huge loss for the Steelers as well. One small complaint I have with Daboll is that he doesn't give enough respect in the game plan to elite defensive line players on the opposing team. A few times per game, you'll see a Gabe Davis or Tyler Kroft being asked to single block a Joey Bosa/JJ Watt/Myles Garrett and these guys have had a huge impact and have wrecked or nearly wrecked the game. 

We've caught a break with Dupree out with that unfortunate injury and I like to see us chip or double block TJ Watt on every play. The Steelers defense is strong, but limiting Watt's impact gives us the best chance to score points. It sounds really simple, but we haven't been able to stop that level of elite edge talent over the past couple years and I hope we'll adjust.

A mistake many teams made with Bruce Smith years ago, although he would regularly blow up double teams, too. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’ve been unafraid of this game all season, believing Pittsburgh is a Paper Tiger. -OK, not as good as advertised. What we did last season -blaring their ‘fight song’ during the weeklong practices- says we are a prepared team every week.

I agree, Chandler. While I’m not guaranteeing a victory, I’ve been thinking for weeks that we can take this game.

While the Steelers are good, they don’t seem like world beaters. And, we’re getting hotter down the stretch.

Hopefully my dislike of the Steelers isn’t tainting the way I see it. 🤣

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

47 games now without a defensive td..... THIS IS THE WEEK.

If accurate that is actually a wild stat. I would assume that's the longest drought in the league, by far?

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Edited by Process