Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

This should be a really fun game. The Steelers certainly don't scare me, but I respect what they've done this season, and both Ben and their defense have been playing well.

But it's a game I feel we should win. I don't feel like we're the underdog (though we are).  Can't wait.

13 minutes ago, Success said:

This should be a really fun game. The Steelers certainly don't scare me, but I respect what they've done this season, and both Ben and their defense have been playing well.

But it's a game I feel we should win. I don't feel like we're the underdog (though we are).  Can't wait.

The Steelers don’t scare me.  

TJ watt does though. Is he Joey Bosa good? Maybe, better.  Maybe not. He’s good enough to change the look of our offense and that’s what why we should worry about this team.  He’s been quite dominant 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

The Steelers don’t scare me.  

TJ watt does though. Is he Joey Bosa good? Maybe, better.  Maybe not. He’s good enough to change the look of our offense and that’s what why we should worry about this team.  He’s been quite dominant 

It seemed like he was in on every play yesterday.  He's a total disruptor.

Just saw the forecast.  High of 48 40% chance of rain with 10-20 mph winds.  31 degrees the following day, which could come early.  

I really enjoy watching this team play in a dome.  It’s gonna take while, we should get moving on this.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Rain nor snow bothers me.  Wind, I’m hoping stays at 10-20 mph, because as good as Big Ben is, and he still is that good, Allen is better.  As they say on fan duel, Make It Rain.  Rain hurts defenses and our WR’s will know how to make those guys miss.

Wind hurts us more, IMO.  Pitt passing game is mostly short quick stuff.

Swat, I get it, but Allen has proven he can throw short as well.  The real 7/11 is Beasley, not Hogan or Welker.  We also have if you can believe it a better running game than Pitt.  Lastly, I trust our new fully functioning line with Dawkins, Boettger, Morse, Feliciano, and Williams, over a Pouncy less Stillers line.  And if on the line, Allen can hit Diggs at 10 yards.

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Swat, I get it, but Allen has proven he can throw short as well.  The real 7/11 is Beasley, not Hogan or Welker.  We also have if you can believe it a better running game than Pitt.  Lastly, I trust our new fully functioning line with Dawkins, Boettger, Morse, Feliciano, and Williams, over a Pouncy less Stillers line.  And if on the line, Allen can hit Diggs at 10 yards.

Pouncey likely to be pulled off along without Connor.  That Pittsburgh run game has been horrendous with them out.  

7 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

I actually prefer playing this team after a loss (particularly the type they had).  I think they could def have been playing hard because of the perfect record.  Now that its slipped away I think they have another let down game.  Oakland just had  2 let down games (Greggo bailing them out of 2 losses) after that heartbreaking loss to the Chiefs.  Even though they are pros these type of let downs happen (also short week so any hangovers eat a bigger chunk of time).  

I agree - after a couple crappy outings some doubt has to be creeping in vs an invincible undefeated feeling.  There's more pressure on them than ever

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Bud Dupree is a huge loss for the Steelers as well. One small complaint I have with Daboll is that he doesn't give enough respect in the game plan to elite defensive line players on the opposing team. A few times per game, you'll see a Gabe Davis or Tyler Kroft being asked to single block a Joey Bosa/JJ Watt/Myles Garrett and these guys have had a huge impact and have wrecked or nearly wrecked the game. 

We've caught a break with Dupree out with that unfortunate injury and I like to see us chip or double block TJ Watt on every play. The Steelers defense is strong, but limiting Watt's impact gives us the best chance to score points. It sounds really simple, but we haven't been able to stop that level of elite edge talent over the past couple years and I hope we'll adjust.

I'd like to see Bates as 6th lineman helping double TJ Watt until he is worn down.

• Like (+1) 2

Joe Haden took a shot in the head yesterday and is in concussion protocol.

He is the Steelers best CB and there is no close second. If he's not back by Sunday it is a massive blow to the Stiller defense against every one of our offensive sets.

• Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

- Big Ben has looked like the old king who dies at the beginning of the movie. He's a dinosaur back there, but I still would not underestimate him. I think we can put him down. 

The current Big Ben looks like an old version a Big Ben who ate the old Big Ben

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, stevewin said:

The current Big Ben looks like an old version a Big Ben who ate the old Big Ben

He had a fantastic play I saw yesterday.  The OLINE opened up right through center and a LB came in untouched.  Ben just spun away from the guy and the LB went sailing right by, .

The Steelers fans are already insufferable. I’m not going to make it through the week. The crying and whining over their schedule being moved around and complaining about the one loss ... just shut tf up. Bills had 2 games moved too that wasn’t their fault, and lost them both. You are not unique. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’ve been unafraid of this game all season, believing Pittsburgh is a Paper Tiger. -OK, not as good as advertised. What we did last season -blaring their ‘fight song’ during the weeklong practices- says we are a prepared team every week.

This.

The Steelers play tough defense and do enough in each game to usually win. They remind me more of the current Bills in the sense they are usually well-prepared and well-coached.

I think this game will be a nail-biter, and Josh being able to escape to his comfortable right side of the field and extend plays will be less of a thing. AFC East teams already cheat to take away that side of the field - NE was the first to use that strategy. I expect it to be a much closer game. I think Pittsburgh leads the league in QB, sacks, hits, and pressures. I also know that they have been racking up the turnovers too.

We need to be able to run the ball to take some of the pressure off of Allen.