Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Couldn't have asked to play them at a better time with their injuries and slumping. Can't lay an egg here at home. Old Bills teams would crap the bed right about now. Exorcise those old demons once and for all here and show the nation we are for real, now and for a long time to come.

The "Old Bills" were not 9-3 at this point in the season.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I doubt Tomlin can do much to "amp up the practice" this week as someone suggested in this thread because most of his team probably wont be able to walk normally for a few days. 2 games in 6 days is very difficult on the body. These guys will still be sore when they play us on Sunday. I'm liking how this is trending. 

Kinda mad the steelers lost last night. Was so hoping to be the first team to beat them. This will be a great game. Just hoping the bills can pull out the win. I'm not one to get over confident about any game, no matter how good the bills are playing 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

ok, but TJ Watt... thanks I’ll hang up and listen 

TJ is tough. Yet....Despite the stats he doesnt always snap out there on film the way a Bosa or Garret do, and gets some coverage sacks or blitzy scheme specific stuff.  

Definatley worry about him though. Hes been a stud this year.

35 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The "Old Bills" were not 9-3 at this point in the season.

Crapped the bed last year late at 8 and 3. I just think they come out and pound the piggs then the skys the limit this year. Im sure the confidence is pretty high in that locker room right now. The culture may already be changed, but the national perception of, "same old Bills" is still there. Prove em all wrong i say. 

5 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

Can’t wait for the Steelers to try and beat us 5 yards at a time. Most boring team to watch in the league. 

I guarantee that is not what we see next week. I bet you we will see a lot more deep

balls. They have only gotten away from that the last few weeks.  Claypool and Washington will be running deep Routes against Levi all day. 

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I guarantee that is not what we see next week. I bet you we will see a lot more deep

balls. They have only gotten away from that the last few weeks.  Claypool and Washington will be running deep Routes against Levi all day. 

So I saw a report in the last few weeks that says Benny is throwing the ball very quickly now.  He isn't as mobile so he relies on a quick read and release.  That doesn't give him much time for the deeper routes to develop.  Eelers get Pouncy back this week and I'm guessing Connor too???   Should help.  I see this as a grind it out game of short to intermediate passes for both teams.  To quote our fearless QB "I like us!"

Edited by wjag

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

yeah, also I think the bills would have had a better chance if they were still undefeated.  Now Tomlin is pissed off they lost the the WFT, and it’s going to probably amp up practice 

Meh I think the Bills will show Pitts are pretenders. Similar to the Bills last year they have had a soft schedule and even though have a great record they struggled to get there. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, wjag said:

So I saw a report in the last few weeks that says Benny is throwing the ball very quickly now.  He isn't as mobile so he relies on a quick read and release.  That doesn't give him much time for the deeper routes to develop.  Eelers get Pouncy back this week and I'm guessing Connor too???   Should help.  I see this as a grind it out game of short to intermediate passes for both teams.  To quote our fearless QB "I like us!"

I have seen just about every Steeler game this year. The last two weeks is not a good indicator of anything. Prior to that, they ran a lot more longer developing and deep routes— like the Ben of old. That was when guys like Claypool were catching 4 TDs per game. I have to guess they will revert to that. 

i am Not saying we will Lose. But I think people who are expecting an anemic, short passing game are assuming that the Steelers will bring their C game. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have seen just about every Steeler game this year. The last two weeks is not a good indicator of anything. Prior to that, they ran a lot more longer developing and deep routes— like the Ben of old. That was when guys like Claypool were catching 4 TDs per game. I have to guess they will revert to that. 

i am Not saying we will Lose. But I think people who are expecting an anemic, short passing game are assuming that the Steelers will bring their C game. 

Thanks for the info that is good to know.  I still think that we can get pressure on Ben if they decide to go after longer developing plays (last night is a great example of good DL play that forced them to throw it super quick).  Claypool concerns me but I am most worried about their interior run game as that still appears to be a weakness (though Phillips and Butler played their best games of the season).  

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am not sure the bills have the pass rush And run defense to Force the short game. But they are likely to try... they will probably will drop and Try to force Everything in front of them.

I am not sure how but they need something better at CB#2. 

It will be an interesting game. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood