Week 14: Steelers at Bills on SNF

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I am not sure the bills have the pass rush And run defense to Force the short game. 

that’s my concern too. The Steelers just played two defenses that can rush the QB a lot better than us, and so reverted to quick passes. 

If we can’t put pressure on Ben (likely) and can’t stop the run (we are getting better but there are still holes), that really opens up their offense.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Crapped the bed last year late at 8 and 3. I just think they come out and pound the piggs then the skys the limit this year. Im sure the confidence is pretty high in that locker room right now. The culture may already be changed, but the national perception of, "same old Bills" is still there. Prove em all wrong i say. 

Once again, the "Old Bills".  I guess everyone has an opinion on everything but for my money I can't even come close to compare the

2019 Buffalo Bills Offense to the 2020 version we are seeing.

The Bills Defense has taken a step back but the Offense has taken 2 big steps forward and the Special Teams seem to be getting stronger and stronger.

The 2019 Bills lost to the Patriots and Raven late in the season.  Both of those teams were better than the Bills last year.

This year I can say that the Bills are fielding a much better team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

that’s my concern too. The Steelers just played two defenses that can rush the QB a lot better than us, and so reverted to quick passes. 

If we can’t put pressure on Ben (likely) and can’t stop the run (we are getting better but there are still holes), that really opens up their offense.

it does seem like the drops are a pattern. Not sure if Bens short game comes out too hot, if it’s slightly inaccurate or off target or something else. 

sooo many drops by The outside WRs, Ebron, etc... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have seen just about every Steeler game this year. The last two weeks is not a good indicator of anything. Prior to that, they ran a lot more longer developing and deep routes— like the Ben of old. That was when guys like Claypool were catching 4 TDs per game. I have to guess they will revert to that. 

i am Not saying we will Lose. But I think people who are expecting an anemic, short passing game are assuming that the Steelers will bring their C game. 

Yeah.  I'm sure of that passing attack was in deference to the Washington DLINE and the push they generate with four guys.

23 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

This game to me right now has a "get right" feel for the Steelers and a back down to earth/learning opportunity for the bills

By Sunday ill believe Bills by a billion

we are not the team to "get right" against

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have seen just about every Steeler game this year. The last two weeks is not a good indicator of anything. Prior to that, they ran a lot more longer developing and deep routes— like the Ben of old. That was when guys like Claypool were catching 4 TDs per game. I have to guess they will revert to that. 

i am Not saying we will Lose. But I think people who are expecting an anemic, short passing game are assuming that the Steelers will bring their C game. 

Ben was still only 24th in YPA as recently as 2 weeks ago. he's now even worse at 29th. He was choosing his shots early but they still weren't asking him to throw down the field in the first half of the season.

Sidenote. heres 8 of the 12 qb's the Steelers have faced to this point. Backups/Rookies on bad teams.

Jones

Driscal

Wentz

Gilbert

Lutton

Burrow

Griffin/Mcsorley

Smith

LOOK AT THAT LIST.... 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The Bills are 13th in sacks and get good pressure on QBs. The hurry pressure stats are even better. They rank ahead of Baltimore, epc a Raven team without Judon. Sure Washington is better than us. They also play against the olines and QBs in the NFCE .

The Bills have a decent pass rush.

The Steelers are near the bottom of the league in rushing.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

Crapped the bed last year late at 8 and 3. I just think they come out and pound the piggs then the skys the limit this year. Im sure the confidence is pretty high in that locker room right now. The culture may already be changed, but the national perception of, "same old Bills" is still there. Prove em all wrong i say. 

It will take a Superbowl win for casuals to "respect" the Bills.

6 hours ago, Process said:

Annoying that Washington beat them. Would have been nice to see the Bills hand them their first loss.

If Buffalo wins Sunday they have an outside shot at the #2 seed.  Pits still have to play Indy and Cle.  That loss was big for seeding.  Whats more important?  Giving the Steelers there first L or playing the 7th seed and possibly hosting multiple playoff games.

Edited by Mat68

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’ve been unafraid of this game all season, believing Pittsburgh is a Paper Tiger. -OK, not as good as advertised. What we did last season -blaring their ‘fight song’ during the weeklong practices- says we are a prepared team every week.

I hope McBeane as they both have a hand in this one do the same darn thing.  When I coached, I used to balance teaching not to be afraid balanced with having fun so the players wouldn’t get too tense.  There is a fine line and McD knows it far better than me or the guys I coached.  The psyche and making sure they have fun in practice balancing fun, execution, staying in you’re lane, and a rip their hearts out attitude will show up, and yes, that is coaching.  People underestimate sometimes how important the balancing act is in coaching.  If McD, Beane, Daboll (he’s going to have fun in his evil mad scientist dungeon), and Frazier (taking a play out of Remember the Titans playbook).

Starts at 1:50 in for the scene that makes me want to rip the heads off the whining Stillers.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Ben was still only 24th in YPA as recently as 2 weeks ago. he's now even worse at 29th. He was choosing his shots early but they still weren't asking him to throw down the field in the first half of the season.

Sidenote. heres 8 of the 12 qb's the Steelers have faced to this point. Backups/Rookies on bad teams.

Jones

Driscal

Wentz

Gilbert

Lutton

Burrow

Griffin/Mcsorley

Smith

LOOK AT THAT LIST.... 

Hey this is spot on. Its also a huge reason they are +11 in turnovers and this has driven their season. This is also why they've gotten sacks. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Hey this is spot on. Its also a huge reason they are +11 in turnovers and this has driven their season. This is also why they've gotten sacks. 

i live on the outskirts of "stiller" country in Northwest PA and so i've watched a lot of them over my life. Its crazy to watch almost every tipped pass or forced fumble fall into their defenders hands over the last 2 seasons. its really odd....... also i hate them so freaking much!!!! i'm life right in the middle of Buff and Pitt. So its seriously hostile territory around here this week.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3

I dont see the Steelers stopping this offense. Bills will score 30+ if they dont turn the ball over; I expect 1-2 turnovers and Bills score 27 points. The key will be limiting Pit to to under 27. They are gonna run the short, quick passes and hope for YAC. They are much better than SF at this and we saw SF burn the Bills a few times. 

Prediction

Bills 27

PIT 17

5 hours ago, Wo-Bah said:

I am not writing off anyone the way our defense still gives up huge yardage plays.  I hate Ben R. (sorry, can't spell his name) but I think he can still throw the ball.  I do think, though, that our run defense has improved lately.

I do like this Bills team and they are easy to root for.  I just am expecting a tough game vs. the Steelers.

Its a mouthful so you got to break it down into small chunks. 

Ro-as in row a boat.  Eth - like a mike Tyson S.  Lis - like you had more now you have lis.  Finally, berger - as in hamburger.  Put it all together and you have Roethlisberger.  Ironically, its the feminine form of the word "consensual" in Bavarian.  Fun little fact.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3