Gameday Thread Week 8 1st Half Bills vs. Patriots

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Interesting they have gone to Feliciano at center. 

For whatever reason they want Boettger in the lineup...

It's astounding - we have concerns about a run game, but insist on starting Winters and Boettger and expecting that to change. Run offenses are entirely generated by the OG/C's - having Bates at C/OT allows Feliciano to occupy one of the two guard spots and we can actually have both pass pro and run gaps...not to mention Bates had three key blocks to help Moss cover half the field on that drive.

I...just don't get it

Edited by ctk232

Just now, ctk232 said:

It's astounding - we have concerns about a run game, but insist on starting Winters and Boettger and expecting that to change. Run offenses are entirely generated by the OG/C's - having Bates at C/OT allows Feliciano to occupy one of the two guard spots and we can actually have both pass pro and run gaps...

I...just don't get it

McD predetermines this stuff and it takes him forever to make a switch. 

1 minute ago, ctk232 said:

It's astounding - we have concerns about a run game, but insist on starting Winters and Boettger and expecting that to change. Run offenses are entirely generated by the OG/C's - having Bates at C/OT allows Feliciano to occupy one of the two guard spots and we can actually have both pass pro and run gaps...

I...just don't get it

It’s because Mongo is better and more experienced with line calls. Not to mention Allen is used to taking snaps from him. 

1 minute ago, ctk232 said:

I...just don't get it

agree. What’s bafflingly, it worked well on the 1st drive and Bates had the block that got him into the end zone. Geez 

Just now, WideNine said:

Allen left the pocket a bit early on that last play, but with poor field position and digging themselves into a 3rd down hole, punting is not the worst outcome.

I thought he left a bit late. If he escaped sooner he wouldnt have had someone chasing him and would have had the entire side of the field to either run or set feet to pass