Week 8: Patriots at Bills

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Allen has been 0-2 in big games this season, titans game he was alright but he played horrible vs the chiefs 

he needs to have a strong game tomorrow. 

The rams game wasn’t big?  Please explain why

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Allen has been 0-2 in big games this season, titans game he was alright but he played horrible vs the chiefs 

So is it just Allen who is 0-2 in big games, or the whole team? I agree he didn’t have a great game against KC, but in the other 6 games this year he has played “alright” or better. Remember it wasn’t Allen who let KC run for 240+ or allowed the Titans to break containment seemingly at will. Yes he needs to play well tomorrow but more importantly the defense had to play well tomorrow. I’m much more concerned about them than I am about how well Josh will play

• Thank you (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

I agree with you Ha but we know that the defense is sadly. I hope they keep working and figure it out. My main point is that the team needs JA to lead the offense to TDs and not Tyler Bass attempts. There is no Brady & co. anymore but until we stick it to that franchise it feels like the same game from the last 20 years.

Its not just Josh, it's the whole offense.  They need to stop taking stupid penalties and learn how to run the football.  Sometimes Daboll needs to be better too.  Sometimes guys need to not drop the football too.  Josh makes mistakes, but so does the whole offense.  Josh is all people want to talk about though.

37 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The rams game wasn’t big?  Please explain why

Because we won.  Obviously.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Its not just Josh, it's the whole offense.  They need to stop taking stupid penalties and learn how to run the football.  Sometimes Daboll needs to be better too.  Sometimes guys need to not drop the football too.  Josh makes mistakes, but so does the whole offense.  Josh is all people want to talk about though.

Because we won.  Obviously.

Yup.  Doesn’t fit his hater/whoa is me/cry my a river mantra

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

So is it just Allen who is 0-2 in big games, or the whole team? I agree he didn’t have a great game against KC, but in the other 6 games this year he has played “alright” or better. Remember it wasn’t Allen who let KC run for 240+ or allowed the Titans to break containment seemingly at will. Yes he needs to play well tomorrow but more importantly the defense had to play well tomorrow. I’m much more concerned about them than I am about how well Josh will play

Right on!  The whole team......

No question that Titans and KC weren't Allen's best games --- coulda done without the turnovers vs. Tenn and also with settling in to "take what the D gives us" and not "get a little greedy" - could have sustained drives vs. KC...always room to do better, always.  But the defense laid two eggs - granted, without some of our best players or with them hampered.

But this idea that the wins and losses are on the QB has gotten beyond old.  When we win, the whole team wins - not just Allen.  Allen correctly pointed out he doesn't make a game winning drive against the Rams without great OL and WR play.  By the same token, when we lose, the whole team loses - not just Allen.

All that said, we do need Josh to play well and I am concerned about that...he needs to come out ready to play, not amped up and with the ball sticking to his hand when he passes and not going where he wants it.  He needs to take what they give him from the very first drive, not wait until the 2nd half.  And he needs to take care of football  - DON'T FUMBLE!

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it feels that way to the fans, but hopefully the players have more sense of perspective.  On paper and trying to be objective and take the BBFS "oooooh, the Patriots!" out of it, it's a matchup in which it looks as though our offensive strength may be neutralized by weather, and the other team's strengths may match up against our weakness (and vice versa).

We need JA to take what the D gives him - nothing more, nothing less.  JA can't "lead the team to TDs" if the Turf Monster trips the TE who has a clear shot at the goal line or the TD pass he throws is called back for "illegal formation", or penalties shove us into a down-and-distance hole. 

Allen can continue to improve at identifying opportunities - finding the open man (he had some shots he didn't take) and of course, try to hang onto the rock better when sacked (though that has to be tough)

Its not so much the "oooooh the pats!" Its more 3 weeks in a row of subpar performances. Which cycles me back to "here we go again" if they cant come away with the W.

It wont be DOOOOOOM if they lose this game. However, the schedule isn't getting any "easier." 

Side note: I would much rather play a "hard" schedule as it speaks to last seasons results 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

New York football is great. It's the New Jersey football that's miserable. That's pretty good, though. "Free comedy..."

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sounds like currently the weather forcast for Sunday is yucky, but not that dire:

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/5c42bffa43df6982dc129049735910193259e13f1cf064308586bb9c73e6f515

20mph winds? ugh... That works against us. 

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

This is a statement game for McDermott 

all eyes are on him 

Hot seat?!? Is he on the hot seat or double secret probation?

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Or HE is gonna be on the hot seat!!!

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

20mph winds? ugh... That works against us. 

It's a big improvement, though. They were talking about 50 mph gusts a few days ago.

No QB can pass downfield at 50 mph.  20 mph isn't great, but it opens up the passing game much more.

10 minutes ago, Success said:

It's a big improvement, though. They were talking about 50 mph gusts a few days ago.

No QB can pass downfield at 50 mph.  20 mph isn't great, but it opens up the passing game much more.

The 20mph windspeed is just the prediction of the prevailing wind. That prediction doesn't account for wind gusts. 

Here's a site that I use in Los Angeles for sailing, and it's generally (at least, for LA) the most accurate I've found. it has the winds gusting to 36mph, and with rain? That's pretty brutal. 

https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/buffalo

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

For any locals - has the weather forecast downgraded a bit? When I check the websites, it looks like they're now predicting the winds in the teens, with gusts up to 25 mph (about half of what it was a few days ago...)

No.  It's still rain with gusts near 40 mph.  Sustained winds of about 20 mph.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

At this point, we can pretty much count Buffalo home game weather as an extra DB - Gilmore is essentially replaced in the lineup by a cornerback named Fortymilesperhour Windgusts

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Mainly cloudy and breezy with a couple of showers

RealFeel Shade™42°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindSW at 17 mph

Wind Gusts24 mph

Probability of Precipitation69%

Probability of Thunderstorms20%

Precipitation0.22 in

Rain0.22 in

Hours of Precipitation3

Hours of Rain3

Cloud Cover92%

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

The 20mph windspeed is just the prediction of the prevailing wind. That prediction doesn't account for wind gusts. 

Here's a site that I use in Los Angeles for sailing, and it's generally (at least, for LA) the most accurate I've found. it has the winds gusting to 36mph, and with rain? That's pretty brutal. 

https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/buffalo

Its also because of the way it swirls in the stadium.  I heard talk on the radio that without fans in the stands the wind swirls even worse.

Something else to think about than just passing. Field goals become harder too or maybe it helps Mr. Wideright lol.  As well as kickoffs and punts.

31 minutes ago, Process said:

The weather is so frustrating. If it was normal weather I honestly think the bills would crush them by 3+ TDs. 

Its why I want a dome.  Some people hate that but the weather sucks and this isn't the 90's.  It doesn't give us any advantage.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Its also because of the way it swirls in the stadium.  I heard talk on the radio that without fans in the stands the wind swirls even worse.

Something else to think about than just passing. Field goals become harder too or maybe it helps Mr. Wideright lol.  As well as kickoffs and punts.

Its why I want a dome.  Some people hate that but the weather sucks and this isn't the 90's.  It doesn't give us any advantage.

I was going to make a joke that the wind might have a 50/50 chance of correcting Newton's passes.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They have their interior OL and run game 

Yep. And that combo has kicked our asses many times over the years. Bellyache knows how to scheme a running game against a team shown to be vulnerable up front. 

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

cant you just hear the announcers now: “against all odds, down 5 starters, coming off a brutal loss, and in 40 MPH winds, the pats pull off a huge win. What a testament to the genius of Bill bellichick.”

No, *****.  NO

• Like (+1) 1