Sounds really wet for the game Monday. Who do you think that favors?

BubbaT

20 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

If it rains during the game, I say Motor & Moss shred the KC D & get us a nice W.

Let’s Go Buffalo!!!!!

From your keyboard to the offensive lines ears. Those boys are going to need some far superior run blocking. The crazy thing is that I believe we have the personnel in place to provide that run blocking but there may just be something that needs to be tweaked with the scheme to provide it.

44 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

If it rains during the game, I say Motor & Moss shred the KC D & get us a nice W.

Let’s Go Buffalo!!!!!

This seems to be the most unlikely thing that will happen, but I really hope that you’re right.  I think that getting our run game going is more important than getting our D back in track.

Motor had 11-25 vs the titans league worst run defense playing without their most important player vs the run in simmons.  Jones and Clark are forces of nature.  I don’t see it happening.  

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, ShelfromNJ said:

There is about 50 percent chance of rain.  Allen probably will benefit more because he has a stronger arm.  From his playing in Wyoming's weather should help him.

Allen's arm may be stronger, but I wouldn't put any money on that being a factor. PM has a strong arm as well and I would think that the little bit of difference between them isn't enough to decide. Just my .02

On a slippery field, the offensive skill position players have the advantage.  They know when they're going to cut or stop, and the defender has to see that and react.  Hard to do without good traction. 

I am pretty worried about Milano getting through the game without re-injuring his hamstring, while trying to cover KC receivers over the middle.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

From your keyboard to the offensive lines ears. Those boys are going to need some far superior run blocking. The crazy thing is that I believe we have the personnel in place to provide that run blocking but there may just be something that needs to be tweaked with the scheme to provide it.

TBH I think Ford and Winters are both playing hurt and tentative/slow because of it.

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

On a slippery field, the offensive skill position players have the advantage.  They know when they're going to cut or stop, and the defender has to see that and react.  Hard to do without good traction. 

I am pretty worried about Milano getting through the game without re-injuring his hamstring, while trying to cover KC receivers over the middle.

I am pretty worried about Milano being good to go for the game in the first place.  And Kelce is a tank.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Kansas City. They have a legit running game

The last 3 weeks It really hasn’t been that legit 

9 hours ago, BubbaT said:

I'm not sure it offers either an advantage but am curious what others think

It’s going to favor who ever wins the game !!!

hopefully it’s US 

Typically offense since they know where they are going and the defenders are reacting to them and might lose their footing more easily.

That being said it could also cause offensive players to slip coming out of routes which would lead to easy INTs.

Edited by matter2003

11 hours ago, BubbaT said:

I'm not sure it offers either an advantage but am curious what others think

If the playing conditions are slippery or in any way less than optimal, it probably favors the Bills, very slightly.

18 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't think it matters too much but rain and win can slow down some of their speed guys (Hill, Hardman, Robinson).  I hope.

current forecast for 5 PM is 50 degrees with light rain.  Winds only 9 MPH which is lower than normal in Orchard Park. 

I can't remember any bad weather games post-Flutie where it benefited the Bills. 

I'm sure there's a couple, but it always seems to hurt us more than help. Combined with Allen's improvement as a passer, that's the main reason I'd want an indoor stadium for the team. 

2 hours ago, LB48 said:

current forecast for 5 PM is 50 degrees with light rain.  Winds only 9 MPH which is lower than normal in Orchard Park. 

Shouldn't have much effect then.  It may help Bass as Butker has more experience in kicking in challenging conditions.  Kind of ticks me off they're playing it so early on a weekday.  I'd have taken a Sunday or Monday night game over this time.

I don't think adverse weather affects either team more than the other.   Devin Singletary and Clyde Edwards-Helaire are more alike than not, though Edwards-Helaire has been a lot more productive this season.

Since when does weather favor the offense??? Bad weather will slow down both offensive attacks. Harder to throw ball, harder to run routes due to timing, harder to catch ball and harder to hold on to the ball. Usually turns into a defensive scrap and who ever wins the turnover battle usually comes out on top. I like our chances in a wet windy game.

On 10/18/2020 at 12:29 AM, TroutDog said:

When I looked, it said it should mostly be gone by afternoon/evening so not sure if anyone benefits. 

If it’s raining, better D wins. They. both have issues. 

Both D's make me think of that spider man picture of them pointing at each other lol

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Since when does weather favor the offense??? Bad weather will slow down both offensive attacks. Harder to throw ball, harder to run routes due to timing, harder to catch ball and harder to hold on to the ball. Usually turns into a defensive scrap and who ever wins the turnover battle usually comes out on top. I like our chances in a wet windy game.

Windy?  Forecast 5-10mph.