Allen 2020 stats (ALL 19 Games): 68.4% comp, 7.7 YPA, 104.9 Passer Rating, 52 TDs, 17 TOs (offseason talk starts pg 35)

Josh looked legit, still he does need to hold onto the ball better and just do a little less "hero ball" and throw the ball away a little sooner. He makes a lot happen but he also can make bad situations worse. If Josh can clean up those habits things are only going to go up for him.Ā 

34 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I felt all along that he would be our franchise qb. However, I didn't believe that he would become such an accurate passer and develop such superb touch. His exceptional ball placement in tight quarters is not what I thought he was capable of. I'm happy to say that IĀ was wrong.Ā 

At some point last year in a thread Cincibillsfan and I said we needed to pin our comments as we thought an emerging superstar was on the horizon lol I always envisioned this monster he has become when he refined his game. I am more blownĀ Away with theĀ Ā touch he is placing this year.Ā So pat on the back lol

Ā 

in all seriousness though when you take a shot at a franchise you better hit, and Josh has and still makesĀ mind blowing crazy throws, decisions andĀ mistakes. I think certain criticisms was and Ā will still Ā be warranted. Never understood going as far to say heā€™s trash and canā€™t play though.Ā 

Ā 

Its good for us he is becoming what he is. If you can live with head scratchers he is a lot of fun to watch.Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Josh looked legit, still he does need to hold onto the ball better and just do a little less "hero ball" and throw the ball away a little sooner. He makes a lot happen but he also can make bad situations worse. If Josh can clean up those habits things are only going to go up for him.Ā 

It's been said ever since Josh was drafted that accuracy can't be fixed. If he can overcome that? Then he won't have any problem overcoming what ever is left

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

81/114 for 71.1%% and just killin it!!!

Ā 

And should be better because that was an utterly despicable call of an Interception by the refs.

Ā 

That was a terrible fumble by Allen in the 4th.

Ā 

Clutch throws on his last drive with a 4th and 22 to Beasley. Freaking amazing final drive for his league leading 7th GWD since last season.

Ā 

At this point is anyone disagreeing we found our next Kelly????

Ā 

Ā 

Just DON'T GET INJURED!!!

Allen had 4 throw away incompletions plus the low td throw to Diggs called back or he would've been 80%. These are ridiculous numbers. I expected him to continue improving this year but not by this much. He's gone from 52 to 58 to nearly 72%. And like I said he's had alot of balls he's had to throw away in these 3 games. Crazy......

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Ā 

I think it'll come with maturity at least I hope it does because this and the fumbles are the worst part of his game that he needs to clean up.

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

81/114 for 71.1%% and just killin it!!!

Ā 

And should be better because that was an utterly despicable call of an Interception by the refs.

Ā 

That was a terrible fumble by Allen in the 4th.

Ā 

Clutch throws on his last drive with a 4th and 22 to Beasley. Freaking amazing final drive for his league leading 7th GWD since last season.

Ā 

At this point is anyone disagreeing we found our next Kelly????

Ā 

Ā 

Just DON'T GET INJURED!!!

Ā 

Got to shout out to Dabs who was scheming guys open all day.

Ā 

Our o-line started giving up some protections later in the game and the Rams were finding ways of both getting Donald free, and coverages to getĀ Allen to hold onto the ball longer, but for most of the game they played really well.

Ā 

Will be a lot of material for the coaches to sift through and learn from.

Ā 

Ā 

It'll be interesting to see what the NFL talking heads say about Allen this week. I'm sure they'll talk about his mistakes as much as they do his big plays. The interesting thing is so many other QBs avoid this stuff. I just watched Prescott throw a stupid endzone pass on 3rd down to get INT'd, putting a nail in their coffin against the Seahawks. No big deal really, he was just desperate to make a play. But you know if that was Allen they'd crucify him for it. I'm sure Prescott will get away with it.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Ā 

I thought we were gonna see it last year... made a thread about it.

Ā 

Perhaps I was just a little early...

Ā 

I was wrong and now can't make new predictions for a few more months...

giphy.gif

i was right and i still abided as if i had lost. i think we both won though.

Ā 

i don't think you should jinxĀ it, as long as the ride is going, just let it go...

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

I just thought this was funnyĀ 

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/09/27/week-3-takeaways-josh-allen-wild-ride-foles-in-trubisky-out-falcons-blow-it-again

Josh Allen Is the World's Wildest Roller Coaster:Ā Allenā€™s afternoon included four passing touchdowns, one rushing touchdown, a reckless jump-ball prayer with a 25-point lead that was completed ... but was incorrectly ruled an interception (there was also an offensive pass interference flag). There was another lost fumble, the rare quarterback facemask penalty committed as he used one pass rusher as a human shield to block another pass rusher. And he hadĀ anotherĀ late lateral to an unsuspecting teammateā€”that teammate was unsuspecting because no reasonable person would ever attempt such a lateral (the ball rolled safely out of bounds). Anyway, the Bills defeated the Rams in a football game, by three points.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

https://theathletic.com/2097241/2020/09/27/hes-just-a-baller-josh-allen-delivers-again-in-bills-dramatic-win-over-rams?source=user-shared-article

ā€˜Heā€™s just a ballerā€™: Josh Allen delivers again in Billsā€™ dramatic win over Rams

Josh Allen and Cole Beasley have talked a lot about the play that led to the improbable third-and-22 conversion in the Billsā€™ helter-skelter 35-32 win over the Rams on Sunday.

Ā 

They never talked about it happening like this, in a game in which the Bills had already blown a 28-3 lead in the second half and needed to pull a touchdown out of their hindquarters to avoid going into the record books for the worst collapse in franchise history. Yet there they were, facing third-and-22. At that point, the Rams had an 83.9 percent chance of winning, according to ESPNā€™s win probability metrics. Those metrics didnā€™t account for Allenā€™s ability to turn the unlikely into the routine.

Ā 

As Allen dropped back, the Rams couldnā€™t get into the backfield to apply pressure, allowing Allen to scan the field and drift right. After the game, he described the play as backyard football at that point. But he knew all too well the route Beasley was running. Last year in the season opener against the Jets, Allen missed Beasley on that route. Allen thought one thing, Beasley thought another. A year together can make a lot of difference. Because this time, Allen put the ball on the screws with accuracy and timing.

And Kroft: ā€œI canā€™t say enough about 1-7. Heā€™s competitive as hell. Heā€™s going to make sure weā€™re in position to win. You see it out there. Heā€™s trying to stiff-arm four dudes and still throw the ball. Heā€™s a competitive guy and heā€™s going to put us in position to win every time.ā€

Ā 

After not having a single 300-yard passing game in his first two NFL seasons, Allen now has three straight 300-yard games to start the season. Heā€™s thrown for 1,038 yards through three weeks. Only 16 times has a quarterback thrown for more yards in the first three weeks of a season than Allen has in 2020. Heā€™s one of only 14 quarterbacks in history to throw for at least 10 touchdowns in the first three weeks of the season, and he has two rushing touchdowns on top of that. His start is eerily similar to Jim Kellyā€™s start for the Bills in 1991.

Ā 

Kelly in 1991: 87-for-119 passing for 1,019 yards, 10 touchdowns, four interceptions

Ā 

Allen in 2020: 81-for-114 passing for 1,038 yards, 10 touchdowns, one interception, three lost fumbles

• Like (+1) 3

I have never seen a QB take the steps Allen has taken in a single offseason. It's incredible and I'd sayĀ 99% of the credit goes to him working his ass off, but also a little to McBeane for picking a dude with this kind of desire to succeed. I am absolutely floored by this transformation and I have never been happier to be so friggin wrong about something.Ā 

• Like (+1) 2

https://theathletic.com/2100939/2020/09/29/final-thoughts-10-things-we-learned-from-the-bills-win-over-the-rams?source=user-shared-article

Itā€™s time for your weekly update on Josh Allenā€™s downfield passing. It was a big conversation last year when he was struggling, so itā€™s only right we harp on it now that heā€™s turning things around in year three. Allen is now 18-for-24 passing for 489 yards, two touchdowns and an interception on passes that travel 15 yards or more in the air. He has more completions and yards and a better completion percentage on those passes than any other quarterback in the NFL through the Sunday afternoon games in Week 3.

Ā 

Allen has also only been pressured on 4.2 percent of his pass attempts that travel 15 yards or more in the air, by far the lowest rate in the league. And 41.7 percent of those attempts have been off of play action. So Allen is getting the protection and smart scheming necessary to make plays down the field, and heā€™s putting the throws on the money.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/28/2020 at 2:34 AM, TroutDog said:

On WGR all have consistently harped that Josh will never be a 65%-70% guy. They all viewed him as a 62% guy. TheyĀ own those comments now.

Ā 

Josh hasĀ completelyĀ altered his game but his will, drive and desire to win is fully intact. Franchise QB, end of story.Ā 

There iis a context.Ā  IT is possible that Josh comes down to the 60-65% range at the end of the year as the weather changes and throwing football 40 times every week may not be the right choice,Ā Ā 

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

There iis a context.Ā  IT is possible that Josh comes down to the 60-65% range at the end of the year as the weather changes and throwing football 40 times every week may not be the right choice,Ā Ā 

Itā€™s certainly possible. We shall see.Ā 

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

https://theathletic.com/2100939/2020/09/29/final-thoughts-10-things-we-learned-from-the-bills-win-over-the-rams?source=user-shared-article

Itā€™s time for your weekly update on Josh Allenā€™s downfield passing. It was a big conversation last year when he was struggling, so itā€™s only right we harp on it now that heā€™s turning things around in year three. Allen is now 18-for-24 passing for 489 yards, two touchdowns and an interception on passes that travel 15 yards or more in the air. He has more completions and yards and a better completion percentage on those passes than any other quarterback in the NFL through the Sunday afternoon games in Week 3.

Ā 

Allen has also only been pressured on 4.2 percent of his pass attempts that travel 15 yards or more in the air, by far the lowest rate in the league. And 41.7 percent of those attempts have been off of play action. So Allen is getting the protection and smart scheming necessary to make plays down the field, and heā€™s putting the throws on the money.

let's hope that the protection continues to hold up.

• Like (+1) 1

Scary moment with the injury in the 1st half.

Ā 

We all obviously breathed a sigh of relief when he came back. Raiders D seems dirty so I was worrying about an injury.

Ā 

As for the game Allen was really just taking what was given to him, which worked. He threw some gorgeous passes and made some quick reads on big completions... that TD to Beasley comes to mind.

Ā 

Actually had a few drops today.

Ā 

Our D is really making things difficult... though Norman and Jefferson came up big.

Ā 

Really frigging terrible sack on a game sealing drive that kicked us out of FG range.

Ā 

Good thing we have a fantastic QB who has the ability now combined with level of play to keep this team in games.Ā 

Ā 

Go Bills!!! :beer: