Allen 2020 stats (ALL 19 Games): 68.4% comp, 7.7 YPA, 104.9 Passer Rating, 52 TDs, 17 TOs (offseason talk starts pg 35)

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

So the mask's off right? People here are actually rooting against the guy? 

I don't think anyone said that, unless I missed it. 

If Allen sucks, we don't win.  We want to win, we like to win. I don't think anyone is rooting for failure, it's counter productive. 

12 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

67.1% completion, 7.9 per attempt, 108 Qbr, 14Tds.

Allen has 16 TD passes and 4 INT's.  He also has 3 TD runs and 2 lost fumbles giving him 19 TD's & 6 TO's.  Not to bad.  Even the last 2 weeks Allen has thrown for 4 TD passes.  QB's go through streaks.  Allen has faced two likely final 4 teams in the AFC playoffs and thrown 4 TD's & 3 INT's.  And one of the INT's came off a bad bounce and the other was a meaningless INT in the last minute tonight.

Next week versus the Jets and against Seattle in 3weeks Allen is likley to pad his stats while I'm sure NE will be a bit of a pain.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I don't think anyone said that, unless I missed it. 

If Allen sucks, we don't win.  We want to win, we like to win. I don't think anyone is rooting for failure, it's counter productive. 

I didn't mean you, I'm referring to several others here who seem to be rubbing their hands at Josh's completion percentage dropping. 

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen has 16 TD passes and 4 INT's.  He also has 3 TD runs and 2 lost fumbles giving him 19 TD's & 6 TO's.  Not to bad.  Even the last 2 weeks Allen has thrown for 4 TD passes.  QB's go through streaks.  Allen has faced two likely final 4 teams in the AFC playoffs and thrown 4 TD's & 3 INT's.  And one of the INT's came off a bad bounce and the other was a meaningless INT in the last minute tonight.

Next week versus the Jets and against Seattle in 3weeks Allen is likley to pad his stats while I'm sure NE will be a bit of a pain.

Good catch, but rushing tds aren't incorporated in passing statistics. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

The last 2 weeks have left a bad taste in my mouth. I liked it much better when Allen was throwing for 300+ yards and completing 70% of his passes

I'd lick the sweat from a yeti's nuts to see him continue to play like that. It would leave a bad taste but at least be worth it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Sorry so late to update... managing work while watching the game along with depression to follow.

Upon reflection, Allen wasn't very good, but I also don't think he was as bad as our initial reaction is.

First of all, Daboll frustrates me... I feel like he's Jekyll and Hyde as an OC.  Our RBs just aren't very good... or our OL is just horrible at run blocking... or both.  Singletary had 1 run of 10 yards and 1 run of 9 yards at one point.  Other than those 2 runs our RBs still ran the ball 13 more times for a TOTAL of 23 yards.

We just get behind the sticks too often on those early downs and then have to rely on Allen to get us a 1st down.  And honestly, all year that's what he was doing with his arm... today he did it more often with his legs.  And the icing on the cake are the drops by our WRs.  I know the deep passes to Brown and Diggs in the EZ aren't drops, but those were good passes.  But Diggs had another drop at one point.  Brown had that drop on a perfectly thrown pass on 3rd and 10 on the very first drive that hit him in the facemask.  We've upgraded our WR corps for sure, but even before this game Allen was STILL suffering from highest drop % in the NFL.

And finally I really do think Allen has some Primetime Yips he needs to work through.  Last year I think I made the comment that Allen was much better on the road because there's less pressure to perform on the road than at home.  Same goes for Primetime games. 

He's still growing, and I'm confident he will, but I think the fact that he didn't have much of a spotlight in HS, JuCo, or D1 College is factoring into his need to grow a bit more into the game.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

All Allen had to do tonight against the champs was not suck and the Bills had a chance to win. But he sucked... I'm not rooting for him to suck, but he is what he is. In fact rooting for or against a player has no bearing on how they actually play... 

I'm suggesting, in the long run, Allen will be closer to 58% than the 72% when this thread was started.

Lets put some money on that

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Numbers are falling off for sure. All those in the media who stuck their necks out with the MVP talk will be roasted this week. As I said a couple weeks ago, the Allen regression backlash on TV and social media against Bills fans will be swift and harsh.

I don't really care about this.  I think that's going to exist to a certain degree for Allen's entire career.

What concerns me right now is the fact that as Allen goes, so does Buffalo.

Our Defense and running game  is just plain bad this year.  So Allen is required to play exceptionally well almost every week just for us to win.  Not only that, but Daboll has to be better and understand this.

Sunday against the Jets should be a get right game for Allen and the Bills, but it only goes right back to being difficult with the Patriots, Seahawks and Cardinals.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Good catch, but rushing tds aren't incorporated in passing statistics. 

They kinda matter a lot though... especially in the new age of the QB.

Plenty of 3rd down conversions with his legs.  Those don't count?

Josh Allen was 80% of our offense yesterday.  That's how bad our running game is.

17 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

All Allen had to do tonight against the champs was not suck and the Bills had a chance to win. But he sucked... I'm not rooting for him to suck, but he is what he is. In fact rooting for or against a player has no bearing on how they actually play... 

I'm suggesting, in the long run, Allen will be closer to 58% than the 72% when this thread was started.

I think it is a bit of overreaction to say that he "sucked" last night. 

Did he miss on a few passes? Yes, he did -- and a couple of them were passes he has to be able to complete. However, he did convert on a number of key first downs with both is arm and legs. He also did not revert  to "hero ball" in terms of making poor decisions. I would say that his problem last night was mostly technique-based. I can't say how much of that was due to the weather, poor mechanics (may because of his left shoulder injury) -- or if the defense was making things difficult on him.

He was also victimized by some drops and Dabol's play calling was rather inconsistent.

One thing I will say is that Josh does have some Brett Favre in him -- especially where he is often overly amped to start games. Maybe Dabol should take this into account and better orchestrate the game planning to get Josh into a rhythm early.