Did the rise of the Bills have any influence in Brady moving on?

24 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Y'know, it's great that the Bills are improved and are likely the favorite to take the AFCE in 2020 but so far they haven't won anything.  They haven't played a down yet.  Right now, they're sitting sort of where the Brownies were last year at this time:  a team that made impressive moves the preceding season and followed it up with adding more talent for the coming season.  It didn't work out for the Browns for a number of reasons in 2019, and the Bills could just as easily crap the bed in 2020 if something goes wrong -- like suffering a spate of serious injuries to key players.

It is absolutely NOTHING like the Browns of last year.  Making a statement like proves you simply have an agenda to "tamp down" any Bills enthusiasm.  Get real.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

It had absolutely nothing to do with it. Brady has owned the AFC East and the Bills. He doesn't give the Bills or any other team a second thought. He beat us twice last year. What do you think he's afraid of?

Fans letting things go to their heads as if we just won the Superbowl. Let's start by winning a single playoff game. Heck, let's start by beating the Patriots once.

It would be awesome if he just appear on TV and they asked him why he was leaving the greatest dynasty in pro sports history.  Brady says one word: Buffalo.

1 hour ago, eball said:

I hope when the Bills beat the Pats*** twice next year you dig deep and find some way to enjoy it.  I know it's hard when a chick dumps you, but you really can find a way to love again.

Haha, of course I’ll enjoy.  I find love all the time. ? But you’re kidding yourself if beating the Pats with Stidham or Hoyer is the same as beating Brady.  I know you every Bills win is a SB for you but some of us want to see our team beat the best and not guys who weren’t even that good in college.  

honestly, did that Brissett victory really feel the same as when Fitz beat the Pats?  You’re a liar if you say yes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It would be awesome if he just appear on TV and they asked him why he was leaving the greatest dynasty in pro sports history.  Brady says one word: Buffalo.

"You know John, those Bills really scared me. I know I beat the living tar out of them for two decades, and twice last year, but man, they scare me now."

The real response would be:

"I was bored with NE and wanted a change. The Bills? Never heard of them."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

"You know John, those Bills really scared me. I know I beat the living tar out of them for two decades, and twice last year, but man, they scare me now."

The real response would be:

"I was bored with NE and wanted a change. The Bills? Never heard of them."

The worst part is this is finally the year I actually believed we could beat him (I just pretty much assume 2 NE losses every year, makes it easier). 

16 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I'm sure he was quaking in his boots after going 173 - 2 against the Bills this century.

? isn’t the stat he has more wins in Buffalo than any Bills qb since he started playing?  

• Like (+1) 1

Like what the Packers did in Green Bay to Rodgers... Ole Bill did the same to Brady by not bringing in enough weapons for the offense. Brady had enough of Bill thinking it was all him.

The Bills getting Diggs had to have impact on Brady...

The Patriots had the #1 defense last season and what did Belichick draft for #2 S, #2 LB, #3 LB, #3 TE, #3 TE, #5 K, #6, G #6 OT, #6 LB #7 C. First three picks were for the defense.

So, we can expect the Patriots to be a run first team in 2020 while they break in Stidham.  JMO

I think that Brady realized a few years ago that the avocado offerings at Wegman's weren't to his liking and he started thinking about moving on.

Seriously, though.  I had thought that he was going to call it a day there a couple of years ago.  You should sense the dissonance even back then.

Edited by Groin

I honestly believe Tom Brady spends more time worrying about whether Godzilla is real than he does about the Buffalo Bills being a concern to him.

The only little thing I base that on is that in the entire 100 year history of the NFL no qb has defeated another team more than Brady has beaten the Bills. 

“No qb” in this instance means no human being now alive, or who has ever existed.

...Mothra would probably be ahead of us, too.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think he was getting away from Ryan Fitzpatrick as much as Bills.  :D

Patriots Dynasty Died at the Hands of Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Dolphins

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/patriots-dynasty-died-at-the-hands-of-ryan-fitzpatrick-and-the-dolphins-01dx9qmw0qad

It did nothing. The Dolphins won in Foxborough behind another magical performance from Ryan Fitzpatrick, a stunning result that could reverberate throughout history as the day the Patriots dynasty died.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I wouldn’t bet against it. At this point of his career he’s not about to set significant records as it’s about preserving them. I haven’t ever remember seeing greatness without egos and I believe that Brady understandably is about putting himself in the best situation to succeed and prosper and staying in New England wasn’t affording him either of those aspects.

Take case in point, I have always believed that Bill Parcels, as great of a coach as he was, cherry picked his way in establishing his record as a coach. He notoriously went after opportunities that were best served in his interest of succeeding beginning with the New England opportunity to the NY Jets to the Dallas Cowboys, he even advocated for the Tampa Bay opportunity in between the Jets and Cowboys tenure. He made a living out of exploiting dysfunctional organizations that had successful player personal pieces intact but were lacking directional and organizational direction. To me Brady knew it was time to jump ship, staying would provide nothing but failure and disappointment. New England is in the process of metamorphosing their roster well all the while struggling with their salary cap.

Brady can thank Buffalo for a good portion of his success and lore. His timing in New England couldn’t have come at a better time. Under an aging Ralph Wilson’s watch we had the “privilege” of being led by a PR guy in Russ Brandon. This organization was so out of touch with the current state of the NFL at that time that it’s downright embarrassing. That can’t be claimed now, under Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott the Bills now enjoy competency at a very efficient rate and Brady realizes it. In the last 2 seasons in particular the Bills gave New England everything they could handle and then some. Make no mistake about it, nobody likes to go recede and Brady knows that the Bills are no longer a gimme opponent. 

It’s a new dawn in the AFC East Division and while nothing is ever promised the future for the Buffalo Bills does look promising while the sun goes down on Brady’s career. 

McD went 0-6 vs Brady.

"metamorphosing their roster"!

Tipster19 is the King of Threads

6 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I wouldn’t bet against it. At this point of his career he’s not about to set significant records as it’s about preserving them. I haven’t ever remember seeing greatness without egos and I believe that Brady understandably is about putting himself in the best situation to succeed and prosper and staying in New England wasn’t affording him either of those aspects.

Take case in point, I have always believed that Bill Parcels, as great of a coach as he was, cherry picked his way in establishing his record as a coach. He notoriously went after opportunities that were best served in his interest of succeeding beginning with the New England opportunity to the NY Jets to the Dallas Cowboys, he even advocated for the Tampa Bay opportunity in between the Jets and Cowboys tenure. He made a living out of exploiting dysfunctional organizations that had successful player personal pieces intact but were lacking directional and organizational direction. To me Brady knew it was time to jump ship, staying would provide nothing but failure and disappointment. New England is in the process of metamorphosing their roster well all the while struggling with their salary cap.

Brady can thank Buffalo for a good portion of his success and lore. His timing in New England couldn’t have come at a better time. Under an aging Ralph Wilson’s watch we had the “privilege” of being led by a PR guy in Russ Brandon. This organization was so out of touch with the current state of the NFL at that time that it’s downright embarrassing. That can’t be claimed now, under Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott the Bills now enjoy competency at a very efficient rate and Brady realizes it. In the last 2 seasons in particular the Bills gave New England everything they could handle and then some. Make no mistake about it, nobody likes to go recede and Brady knows that the Bills are no longer a gimme opponent. 

It’s a new dawn in the AFC East Division and while nothing is ever promised the future for the Buffalo Bills does look promising while the sun goes down on Brady’s career. 

No. I doubt TB runs from any sort of challenge. 

Can we just stop with the bolded because it “feels right” The horse is dead, and died unjustly. Brady’s win % in the AFCE is no better than his win % in any other division. Brady’s win % against Peyton Manning is like 66%. Thats as good or better than Big Ben, Rivers, Rodgers, Brees, Watson...basically everybody else’s entire career. And most of those guys are headed to the HoF. And they play against much worse competition that a Peyton led Colts/Broncos team on a regular basis. 

• Like (+1) 1

He went there simply because they have a crap ton of offensive talent, he doesn’t have to put up with BB, and oh yeah he lives in heaven in Tampa.  I love Buffalo, born and raised, but this is a great city in Tampa.  Brady also has a coach people absolutely love in Arians.  Brady was smart, and I can’t believe living here I’m going to have to root for the bastage and Gronk.  

People are going bananas down here and even at his age with This WR crew and TE’s, he’ll have a good year.  Not saying they are winning the NFCS, but they will be better.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I honestly believe Tom Brady spends more time worrying about whether Godzilla is real than he does about the Buffalo Bills being a concern to him.

The only little thing I base that on is that in the entire 100 year history of the NFL no qb has defeated another team more than Brady has beaten the Bills. 

“No qb” in this instance means no human being now alive, or who has ever existed.

...Mothra would probably be ahead of us, too.

To be fair, no team in the NFL has probably lost to another QB at the rate Brady has beaten everybody. His win % is like .778. Works out to a career average of 12-4...20 year average. It’s pretty wild. 

But otherwise I totally agree with you. 

• Like (+1) 2

No way the Pats, or Brady, are afraid of Buffalo.  I'm sure they respect the Bills, but that would not cause Brady to move on.  Brady and Belichick just moved on from each other...a breakup, if you will.

At first I kind of discounted this topic, but then I started to think about it. 

While I don't think that this is the reason, Buffalo's defense did make The Greatest quaterback of All Time  look like a below average quarterback last year. He was under duress.

So while likely not the main reason, maybe it's  one of the reasons.

If you were an aging quarterback, one of the oldest to ever play in the NFL, would you want to play against the Bills two more times next year? 

And what if you were also the most successful quarterback ever, would you want to face this defense 2, maybe 3 times next year?

The Bucs, 15th in the NFL in total defense, have the best defense in that division.  So, makes sense.  Brady isn't the best QB ever because of amazing physical attributes, but because of football intelligence and due diligence.

“Tom Brady, who presently holds a record of 29–3 against the Bills with 68 touchdowns and 21 interceptions and has won more games in New Era Field than any quarterback for Buffalo since 2001”.

Probably not afraid to beat the Bills again. I’m glad he’s gone. Probably just tired of Belechick. 

Edited by PIZ

The reading comprehension around here never ceases to amaze me, it’s unbelievable! At what point does it confuse anyone around here by me saying “any influence”?? How does anyone draw the conclusion of Brady being afraid or that the rise of the Bills is THE main reason for him leaving the division??! 

The majority of the national pundits are predicting the Bills to win the division. They are saying it, not me. Furthermore early last season, especially after they played, Brady was apologetic in that they had to rely on their great defense to pull out those early games. I will say that from this point forward Brady would not be enjoying the success against the Bills like previously in his career. He would not be able to accomplish anything more or better against the Bills. He would be diminishing and at this stage of his career why in the world would he risk looking worse, only to strengthen the perception that he is over the hill. Playing for New England at this stage against ANYBODY would not bode well for him or his legacy. The Patriots have plenty of their own woes with or without Brady. A defense that was ravaged in free agency, an unsettled OL, lack of  quality WRs and playmakers and a franchise that has some serious salary cap issues that is not able to  afford Brady the kind of help that he, or anyone else, would need to succeed there. Compound that with a doormat that they, he, were able to slap around at will that suddenly has a very talented and deep DL. Don’t believe me, then go read the numerous threads that are posted on this message board stating how great and deep our DL is. Ha, most of you make me laugh. 

Yeah, it doesn’t serve Brady well to stay in this division, regardless of the Bills. Criticize me for what I write, not what you comprehend. Maybe I shouldn’t of said that, it might be too deep for some of you.

That might make sense if he wasn't moving to a division with Drew Brees & Matt Ryan...

Compared to Josh Allen, Sam Darnold & whoever the Dolphins trot out any given day, that's nothing.

The Bills going 10-6 one time is hardly worth even remembering when you have the weapons like Tampa Bay has as the lure to go there. Sure, the Bills look to be improving, but you have the godly offense the Bucs have as all the incentive you need, especially with Arians calling the shots.

Couple that with Brady wanting to play to age 45 & the Pats obviously being ready to move on... those are the only reasons he left the AFC East, not any fear of the Bills.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

That might make sense if he wasn't moving to a division with Drew Brees & Matt Ryan...

Compared to Josh Allen, Sam Darnold & whoever the Dolphins trot out any given day, that's nothing.

The Bills going 10-6 one time is hardly worth even remembering when you have the weapons like Tampa Bay has as the lure to go there. Sure, the Bills look to be improving, but you have the godly offense the Bucs have as all the incentive you need, especially with Arians calling the shots.

Couple that with Brady wanting to play to age 45 & the Pats obviously being ready to move on... those are the only reasons he left the AFC East, not any fear of the Bills.

Ok, I appreciate your input, I really do, but I never even alluded to Brady being afraid of Buffalo, never. Also I’m not talking about our’s or anyone else’s offense, that has no bearing whatsoever for Brady because as far as weapons go Brady has plenty at his disposal down there in Tampa. I’m talking about the lack of weapons that he would have up in New England against our division, especially against us who has a much better defense than any one of those 3 teams down there in the NFC South.

Does anyone think that if Brady stayed in New England this year that him and the Patriots would win the division? Me personally I don’t think so. Matter of fact I think that if they split the head to head with us that would be the ceiling. Never say never but at this point of what is currently going on between these 2 teams I’d be pretty surprised if they were able to sweep us this year. Once again, I’m not the only one expecting that, there’s plenty of national “experts” saying and thinking the same thing.

Belichick's coaching style and lack of weapons is why he left.  Nothing more.  He still went 2-0 against the best Bills team since '99 with anemic weapons so I highly doubt it factored AT ALL into his decision.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Except Bill apparently tried to trade Brady a couple of times, so his ego was always there.  Old Robert was the one who blocked the trades.

Rumor also has it that Bob Kraft stepped in to stop Belichick trading Brady to keep Garoppolo.

5 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

The reading comprehension around here never ceases to amaze me, it’s unbelievable! At what point does it confuse anyone around here by me saying “any influence”?? How does anyone draw the conclusion of Brady being afraid or that the rise of the Bills is THE main reason for him leaving the division??! 

The majority of the national pundits are predicting the Bills to win the division. They are saying it, not me. Furthermore early last season, especially after they played, Brady was apologetic in that they had to rely on their great defense to pull out those early games. I will say that from this point forward Brady would not be enjoying the success against the Bills like previously in his career. He would not be able to accomplish anything more or better against the Bills. He would be diminishing and at this stage of his career why in the world would he risk looking worse, only to strengthen the perception that he is over the hill. Playing for New England at this stage against ANYBODY would not bode well for him or his legacy. The Patriots have plenty of their own woes with or without Brady. A defense that was ravaged in free agency, an unsettled OL, lack of  quality WRs and playmakers and a franchise that has some serious salary cap issues that is not able to  afford Brady the kind of help that he, or anyone else, would need to succeed there. Compound that with a doormat that they, he, were able to slap around at will that suddenly has a very talented and deep DL. Don’t believe me, then go read the numerous threads that are posted on this message board stating how great and deep our DL is. Ha, most of you make me laugh. 

Yeah, it doesn’t serve Brady well to stay in this division, regardless of the Bills. Criticize me for what I write, not what you comprehend. Maybe I shouldn’t of said that, it might be too deep for some of you.

There's nothing wrong with my reading comprehension.  The Bills' rise in the AFCE had no influence on Brady's decision.  Since 2000 the Bills have only been, at best, a blip on the Pats' radar screen.  The last time the Bills beat the Pats, Jacoby Brissett a rookie QB in his first NFL start when Brady was under suspension in 2016.

Oh yeah, Brady spanking us 25 times really entered into the decision............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................(rolls eyes)

11 hours ago, BigDingus said:

This would make sense if it was related to the defense of the teams in the division, not the quality of the quarterbacks.

I cannot imagine Tom Brady being intimidated by any quarterback in the NFL; he has no reason to be, logically.

BUT, I can see him being intimidated by a great defense, like the Bills have, 2nd best in the NFL, and which none of the teams in the NFC South have--the Bucs are the best there, 16th in the NFL.