Did the rise of the Bills have any influence in Brady moving on?

It had absolutely nothing to do with it. Brady has owned the AFC East and the Bills. He doesn't give the Bills or any other team a second thought. He beat us twice last year. What do you think he's afraid of?

Fans letting things go to their heads as if we just won the Superbowl. Let's start by winning a single playoff game. Heck, let's start by beating the Patriots once.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The Pats and their fans don’t think us in slightest.  It sucks but it’s true. I walk around Boston wearing my Bills stuff and get comments like if the Oats don’t win, we hope you guys do or you guys have a great fans.  Now it could be that I’m so imposing ? but we just aren’t a serious threat to them. 

it’s why I hate that every week 3 Pats game is like a SB to us and they couldn’t care less.  It’s also why I wanted Brady to stay.  If we beat them now, it’s not the same.  It’s like hooking up with the old, hep c version of Pam Anderson and not the prime Before Tommy lee and Kid Rock version.

I hope when the Bills beat the Pats*** twice next year you dig deep and find some way to enjoy it.  I know it's hard when a chick dumps you, but you really can find a way to love again.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Put whatever spin you want on it but I never stated that it was the only reason, just a part that helped influence his decision to leave. As far as Tampa goes it’s rumored that San Fran was his first choice but they passed. Tampa was only an alternative.

It’s hard to spin, “you’re wrong.”

• Haha (+1) 1

I think in a small way it's possible.  I think TB did a superbowl/stats  combo analysis for a place to play.  New England probably was a ways down the list - and in part due to the Bills.  They already weren't putting up  the stats with the Bills and New England is a team on the down slope right now.

San Fran offered superbowl hopes, Tampa offers pinball type number possibilities.  I'm going to seriously consider TB in FF this year.

20 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think in a small way it's possible.  I think TB did a superbowl/stats  combo analysis for a place to play.  New England probably was a ways down the list - and in part due to the Bills.  They already weren't putting up  the stats with the Bills and New England is a team on the down slope right now.

San Fran offered superbowl hopes, Tampa offers pinball type number possibilities.  I'm going to seriously consider TB in FF this year.

He went to a harder division.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

He went to a harder division.

Not from a defensive point of view, Carolina and Atlanta stink. 

Plus he now has Evans/Godwin + Gronk along with the Arians mindset of letting it fly.  Certainly beats the grind it out New England of last year for stats.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, eball said:

I hope when the Bills beat the Pats*** twice next year you dig deep and find some way to enjoy it.  I know it's hard when a chick dumps you, but you really can find a way to love again.

Y'know, it's great that the Bills are improved and are likely the favorite to take the AFCE in 2020 but so far they haven't won anything.  They haven't played a down yet.  Right now, they're sitting sort of where the Brownies were last year at this time:  a team that made impressive moves the preceding season and followed it up with adding more talent for the coming season.  It didn't work out for the Browns for a number of reasons in 2019, and the Bills could just as easily crap the bed in 2020 if something goes wrong -- like suffering a spate of serious injuries to key players.

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm sure going 32-3 against Buffalo kept him awake at night.

Agree.  I think that the last time the Biils beat Brady and the Pats -- really drubbed them actually -- when the game actually mattered was in the season opener in 2003 when they won 31-0 in the Ralph.  They sacked Brady twice and intercepted him 4 times, including a pick six by good ol' DLer Sam Adams.  That was 16 seasons ago --  rumor had it that Lawyer Milloy, whom the Pats cut just before the start of the regular season, gave the Bills key info about their offense -- and the Bills have been the Pats' perennial whipping boys since.

• Like (+1) 1

Sounds like he wanted 2 more years and they were unwilling to commit.  Not sure they are better equipped to win with the guys they have now, but they figure out in 2020 whether stidham has it, and if he doesn't they can explore other avenues in 2021.  Rather than waiting til draft 2021, or even until 2022.  

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Did Kid Rock hook up with Pam Anderson?  I know Brett Michaels did, so I guess it shouldn't be surprising that any/all rock stars from 20-30 years ago spent some time with Pam.  Anyway, great analogy, I agree that beating NE going forward won't have the same effect as beating them with Brady and Belichick would have had.  We could have taken care of business last season, but we let that pass.

I think he married her, after she got the Tommy Lee Hep C.  This was after he was an upper middle class kid who became a rapper and now is a hero to working class hillbillies.  ‘Merica.