Patriots unveil new uniforms

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I got a real Fighting Illini vibe 

Away unis are completely new with same design, original color rush are only worn at home 

Definitely.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

they need to go back to the red with original logo

Yes, Pat the Patriot was a good logo design and very detailed.

A lot better than the soldier of the Wicked Witch of the West's army that they currently have.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I hate to say it....but I don't think they look too bad.  To me, it's been the best of all the new uniforms that have come out in the last couple weeks.  

That's like saying, "You don't sweat much for a fat chick..."

If you took away the shoulder stripes and paired blue jerseys with white pants they would actually be real nice. Nice and clean.

As is though they are pretty ugly, but better than what they had before I guess. 

Edited by Process

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

This is all working out beautifully. The 3 stages of a 15 year drought.

1. HOF QB leaves

2. Hideous uniforms are unveiled 

3. HC leaves after two 2-15 seasons

I was thinking same thing

and separately the new math with 17 games feels unnatural 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

4 hours ago, eball said:

They're better than what they've been wearing...still hate the helmet and logo.

I think the old ones were ugly but the new ones are  really  fugly 

Edited by Putin

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I like them. Maybe I am the exception but I am generally a fan of the new uniforms and the slightly more block style of the Falcons and the Pats. 

The Pats old uniform was ugly beyond words. 

They need different parts with the white jerseys.  The blue pants, striping doesn't blend well.  But the Brady era unis were terrible.  These are just average.  I don't know why they keep resisting going back to red.   That's what most of their fans seem to want.

They have a great record in their color rush unis, like 10-1 or something, so they made it their main and whipped up a matching road uni.  I don't think they're terrible overall, but the shoulder-stripes certainly are.  If TB12 has left, this was a good time for a newer revision.  The silver helmet still looks off, there needed to be more silver in the uni to tie it together.  I would have melded old and new.  Add more red to the dark blue, and bring back the old helmets.  Or something like that.

Ah well, just helps cement Buffalo's unis as the class of the AFC East. 

+
1. Got rid of the silver and navy shoulder blobs and side panels. To be honest, I liked the red side piping on the previous home (navy) set where it blended into the navy, but not at the expense of panels+piping on the away (white) set. 

-

1. The away’s red-blue-red makes logical sense given the home red-white-red... but it just looks off and might work better as blue-red-blue.

2. No teevee numbers on the shoulders or sleeves. Thought this was against the NFL rulebook concerning unis. The Browns wanted to go teevee numberless on their plain brown alts, but the league forced them to add them. Guess the Pats* get excepted from the rules, as ever. May make it a tiny bit harder on refs to identify player numbers for penalties and for viewers to see who’s who in scrums.

3. Not a fan of only having the unitard look.

4. Inconsistent stripe widths on the pants. Should be the same as what’s on the shoulders, not the same width as the red but a MUCH wider white stripe.

5. Besides the helmet, they VERY closely resemble the Texans in overall gestalt (and almost exactly on the pants).

Paul Lucas’s Uni Watch page today reported (and provided photo proof of some Pats* players wearing the new unis at their homes) that the pants stripes ARE in line with the widths shown on the shoulder, and not an extra-wide white which would have been virtually a match for the Texans’ pants.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-5.43.41-PM.png

My question is why do a Uni reveal with a design that isn’t correct? Total SNAFU. Even if it were a case of the lockdown complicating things, they couldn’t have a guy in their marketing department photoshop them with a correct version? Bush league. TB did this for their reveal when Godwin gave his #12 to Brady; they ‘shopped him into his new #14. It’s not that difficult.

Still pretty disappointing that there seem to be no plans for a silver or white pant set, per their entry in the NFL Style Guide.

6 hours ago, UConn James said:

Paul Lucas’s Uni Watch page today reported (and provided photo proof of some Pats* players wearing the new unis at their homes) that the pants stripes ARE in line with the widths shown on the shoulder, and not an extra-wide white which would have been virtually a match for the Texans’ pants.

Screen-Shot-2020-04-20-at-5.43.41-PM.png

My question is why do a Uni reveal with a design that isn’t correct? Total SNAFU. Even if it were a case of the lockdown complicating things, they couldn’t have a guy in their marketing department photoshop them with a correct version? Bush league. TB did this for their reveal when Godwin gave his #12 to Brady; they ‘shopped him into his new #14. It’s not that difficult.

Still pretty disappointing that there seem to be no plans for a silver or white pant set, per their entry in the NFL Style Guide.

Silver pants same striping as shoulders with the white jerseys might’ve made these the best revisions of the offseason huge opportunity missed.

Just meh for me look too much like the Texans.