Robert Saleh vs. Sean McDermott...Who you got?

Three two minute rounds.

Greco Roman (or Freestyle allowed)

No punching or kicking.

Can tap out if needed.

Traditional wrestling circle. (No cage)

I take McDermott in the third. He's wiry and quick.  If Saleh gets ahold of McD it could go bad, but McD plays defensive for the first round and then scores on points the rest of the way. 

(Note: McDermott's patented "claw" technique as demonstrated in the pic))

Image result for robert saleh

Image result for sean mcdermott

• Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Saleh is Clubber Lang, McDermott is Rocky Balboa.

Saleh comes out all furious and intense but uses up all of his energy too early and McDermott finishes him off.

McDermott would never admit he's afraid (like Rocky did). But yeah...I can see him working out in a cold basement with Daboll pushing him harder and harder (while Daboll is munching on a big turkey leg)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

McDermott would never admit he's afraid (like Rocky did). But yeah...I can see him working out in a cold basement with Daboll pushing him harder and harder (while Daboll is munching on a big turkey leg)

McDermott and Egorugwu

Image result for rocky and apollo running gif

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I also have a hard time buying the Saleh hype.  It shouldn't be hard to be successful when you have four first round picks on your d-line.  Give me a coach who can scheme his way to success with less talent.  Maybe Saleh can, but he hasn't proven it yet.

I think Rex and Rob could ***** it up!

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

26 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The offseason has definitely started.

It's real to me damn it!!

2 minutes ago, BuffaninATL said:

it started prior to this thread, unfortunately......it's gonna be a LONG offseason with plenty of LAMP posts

This isn't a LAMP post. I am, likewise, sick of the "What FA do you want?" threads...there's been four of them in the last two weeks.

Rocky from Rocky 4

Drago

Apollo from Rocky 1

Rocky from Rocky 2

Clubber Lang

Rocky from Rocky 1

Rocky from Rocky 3

Apollo from Rocky 2

Mason Dixon

Robert Saleh

Rocky from Rocky Balboa

Rocky from Rocky 5

Apollo from Rocky 4

Tommy Gunn

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'll take Saleh.  Saleh seems like a guy who will finish his opponents off quickly.  McD is too conservative and will end up letting his opponent stick around for too long.

Speaking only as a long ago state champ wrestler, and national champ power lifter, it is not the most aggressive that wins.  It is the guy who has balance who knows how to take their strength and use it against them.  Once on the ground everything is equal.  I could take down 100 years ago, a guy 50 lbs. heavier than me especially if they were a lot taller than me easily.  They rely on that and don’t realize til too late once you throw that shoulder through their knee, everyone goes down, and once on top, you have the edge.

That in my opinion is McD, so I’m 21 red on McD.  He’s a bad ars.  Mixed martial arts, previous top tier wrestler, tough disposition, and always acting humble.  Perfect recipe for a winner.

Just one man’s opinion and what the hell, I’m a middle aged guy now so what do I know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Rob Ryan if he hasn’t had a good meal in a few days...

Rob is versatile......if he’s just spent a few days circling a buffet table.....just get ahold of him and sit on ‘em. But I don’t want anyone to die for my entertainment. 

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

McD looks like he'd have to jump a a few weight class's.  As for this, (while Daboll is munching on a big turkey leg, the side of beef he's trying to hit) corrected

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Speaking only as a long ago state champ wrestler, and national champ power lifter, it is not the most aggressive that wins.  It is the guy who has balance who knows how to take their strength and use it against them.  Once on the ground everything is equal.  I could take down 100 years ago, a guy 50 lbs. heavier than me especially if they were a lot taller than me easily.  They rely on that and don’t realize til too late once you throw that shoulder through their knee, everyone goes down, and once on top, you have the edge.

That in my opinion is McD, so I’m 21 red on McD.  He’s a bad ars.  Mixed martial arts, previous top tier wrestler, tough disposition, and always acting humble.  Perfect recipe for a winner.

Just one man’s opinion and what the hell, I’m a middle aged guy now so what do I know.

You wanna Indian leg wrestle?

Saleh was not expected to be that serious of a candidate for the Browns HC position.  His interview nearly got him the job.  It was extremely close between Stefanski (who had the advantage of being Depodesta’s guy the previous year) and him.  That guy is going to be a HC in the league very soon. 

5 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

McDermott is a tough guy, but there’s not an NFL coach anywhere that I’d bet on against Saleh. That dude is a monster.

Depends on Salehs' background, if he was a former high caliber wrestler maybe he has a chance, if not he's toast.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I think Rex and Rob could ***** it up!

Going back to my youth and my brief interest in pro wrestling (got to shake Andre the Giant's hand at one match), I'd love to see Rex and Rob in a tag team match with The Wild Samoans.

pro-wrestling-dvds-best-samoans_1_f1d41bbddc46ff1e76c50b18e0545b4b.jpg

Rex-Rob-Ryan-Beach 222.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

You wanna Indian leg wrestle?

I’d probably break a knee. ?. My contact stuff ended a long time ago.  I’ll stick to lifting, spin classes, and the elliptical.  Still in shape, but not wrestling shape.  You’re funny though.  Have a great day Okie.  You usually make me laugh.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don’t know if Saleh has any fighting background.  McDermott does.

If Saleh doesn’t, I take McDermott.  

Saleh was a TE. Pretty sharp guy. TE’s need to know blocking schemes, passing routes,  all the plays. So he’s pretty smart. 

McDermott just has that “eye of the tiger”....and “the claw”. Kinda like Dalton in “Road House” - although McD would never tear off an opponent’s Adam’s apple. 

38 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Saleh was a TE. Pretty sharp guy. TE’s need to know blocking schemes, passing routes,  all the plays. So he’s pretty smart. 

McDermott just has that “eye of the tiger”....and “the claw”. Kinda like Dalton in “Road House” - although McD would never tear off an opponent’s Adam’s apple. 

I've never seen Road House.  Is that with Scott Baio?