Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloBills1998

QB free agency.

On 1/8/2020 at 12:06 AM, leonbus23 said:

This may not be popular, but maybe Peterman. He showed a lot of growth with the Raiders training camp last year. 

😁

I like your thinking .   We could also look at  EJ .  Bring him out of his early retirement from the NFL and see what he looks like .   After all,  his proponents said he just needs a chance to show that he is good

On 1/7/2020 at 8:20 PM, BarleyNY said:

My first thought was a player like Mariota, but we might not want to do that.  I wouldn’t want the Bills to give anyone (especially Allen) the impression that Allen was on the hot seat.  A solid career backup would be fine, but that’s it. 

Yet our coach says competition makes us stronger.

If Josh crumbles because Marcus Marriotta is on the team, he's not THE GUY anyway.

I actually thinking bringing someone in to push Josh is not a bad idea.  Goes for any position.

Not to mention the fact that if we get on a run and Josh gets hurt, we still want to have to chance to win.  Think Nick Foles or Jeff Hostettler or Earl Moral or Doug Williams..

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Yet our coach says competition makes us stronger.

If Josh crumbles because Marcus Marriotta is on the team, he's not THE GUY anyway.

I actually thinking bringing someone in to push Josh is not a bad idea.  Goes for any position.

Not to mention the fact that if we get on a run and Josh gets hurt, we still want to have to chance to win.  Think Nick Foles or Jeff Hostettler or Earl Moral or Doug Williams..

That’s all fair.  Usually that’s what I would’ve said too.  My reservation is what happened with Allen in the playoff game.  He really panicked after his fumble.  It’s not something that can continue to happen.  The whole regular season he had a lot of pressure situations at the end of games and he never panicked like that.  Obviously it was the most important game of his life and he didn’t play on a big stage in college.  (Let’s face it, the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl probably didn’t fully battle test him.). That’s not to say that he can’t step it up regardless, but maybe now isn’t the time to add onto the pressure by inviting a QB controversy.  In general, yeah, I’m with you and I wouldn’t blame the Bills if they did pick up someone like Mariota, but I can see why they would want to show that they’re fully behind Allen and not push it right now.