QB free agency.

Do you think Beane and McDermott look for a capable back up in feee agency, I don’t think we’re gonna draft anyone. I ask cause Barkley looked horrible in that last game against the Jets. Allen is our QB no question but I wonder if they bring a veteran in to back up Josh and possibly compete against Barkley 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Would you give Winston a look? Tampa is rumored to get rid of him

I think Jameis will probably get another year in Tampa but if he doesn’t he’ll likely have a starting spot somewhere else. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Do you think Beane and McDermott look for a capable back up in feee agency, I don’t think we’re gonna draft anyone. I ask cause Barkley looked horrible in that last game against the Jets. Allen is our QB no question but I wonder if they bring a veteran in to back up Josh and possibly compete against Barkley 

Not a lot of upgrades to Barkley in the UFA market 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Not a lot of upgrades to Barkley in the UFA market 

Honestly I think Winston is definitely an upgrade over Barkley But you’re right the free agency quarterback market is pretty thin right now I’d say for ***** and giggles if Miami released Fitz I’d say bring him back lol

• Like (+1) 3

Bills related or not the QB FA market appears to be more interesting than its bee in a while.  With the young guys in the league and rookies coming in I'm not sure any of the FA QBs will find a starting role.  Assuming Talleywhacker stays in Tenn, who of these gets a starting job:

Rivers in LAC or elsewhere

Mariota

Dalton

Eli

Brady

Rosen

Flacco

Alex Smith

Winston

Cam

Bridgewater

Carr

Not all of them will change teams but many will.  Of those, the ones that could make sense to the Bills as pure backup aren't numerous because they are either crappy or see themselves as starter material.  I see mainly Mariota or Dalton as possibilities.  Barkley might be enough if they like what they've seen in Davis Webb as a fallback.

Where the heck does Rosen end up and in what capacity?

Um ok....so if you listened to either Beane or McDermott’s press conference, they clearly believe in Josh Allen 100%

They aren’t going to do anything to mess with him like signing a higher profile backup QB like Winston or Keenum.  It’s not going to happen.

I think they are ok with Barkley as a #2 QB for 1 more year.  Depending on what Josh does in year 3 will determine what the team does at QB

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Normally when a backup comes into the game, he is playing with the starters - not with the backups on OL and everywhere else.

So I think the Jets game is probably not a fair representation of the performance Barkley is capable of. 

But I was surprised no one asked Beane about the backup QB situation directly.

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Normally when a backup comes into the game, he is playing with the starters - not with the backups on OL and everywhere else.

So I think the Jets game is probably not a fair representation of the performance Barkley is capable of. 

But I was surprised no one asked Beane about the backup QB situation directly.

It would have been a great question 

2 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Barkley has another year.

They’re not moving him.

Nope.  And I also think they are pleased with the way that has been supporting Josh

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah, it’s probably an area of need. While Barkley performed better with the starters last season, they’ve been lucky with Josh not missing time. I’m not convinced they couldn’t have a better player to keep the season afloat if the worst happened and Allen was sidelined  for a stretch. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bring in Fitz and watch Allen miss the year with some malady totally confounding the medical community! Dark Fitzmagic, I tell you. 

No, let’s NOT do that......

I do think they will need another “camp arm”, and no idea who it is, but I see them staying with Barkley next year. It seems to “work”.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I don't know but I think we have much bigger needs on offense then a new back-up QB.  Barkley is good enough.  The Jets game was not a reasonable barometer of how he would do if Allen went down for a couple of games.  Or if you're going to use a Jet's game how about last years Jet's game? 

There's also the matter of CAP impact and some of the QB's being thrown around would not come cheap.  I would rather spend the money to overpay for a solid FA RT that enables us to move Ford to guard then bring in another back-up QB.

• Like (+1) 1