Rumor Roethlisberger done with Football

1 minute ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

If true maybe they would listen to offers for Juju Shuster for some draft capital. I would give up A 2nd and a 4th for him. Game changer

This would have been the year for Pittsburgh to clean house and start a re-build. But that's not the Steeler way. Instead they traded their 1st for a difference-maker and still made a pretty good run at making the playoffs.

Point being, I dont see them selling off assets just because Ben leaves.

• Like (+1) 8

4 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

If true maybe they would listen to offers for Juju Shuster for some draft capital. I would give up A 2nd and a 4th for him. Game changer

Too bad.  I've always like Big Ben.  Great career for him.  Thanks for the memories

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Too bad.  I've always like Big Ben.  Great career for him.  Thanks for the memories

Did you like the player or the person?

10 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

No Link?

4 minutes ago, Process said:

The Steelers have a lot of talent. I don't think they would go into rebuild just because Ben retired. Probably try and get a vet... Dalton, Eli etc. and draft a guy for the future. 

Dalton would prob do well in their system and train up a future guy. 

Eli will prob retire as well.

5 minutes ago, Process said:

The Steelers have a lot of talent. I don't think they would go into rebuild just because Ben retired. Probably try and get a vet... Dalton, Eli etc. and draft a guy for the future. 

A vet QB makes sense along with drafting one if they feel Rudolph definitely isnt it. 

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Ooooh, I just got an idea for where Cam Newton lands. Very Ben-esque.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so Ben may retire and they'd trade their playmaker for draft capital?......hell, I'd bet if Brees retires we can get a shot at Michael Thomas for "draft capital", right??..........

His point being that without Ben, this season kind of showed neither Rudolf or Hodges is the answer, no 1st round pick, maybe the answer is to trade any remaining assets and tank.  Admittedly Steelers have never done that prior, but times are different.  Will be interesting to see what they do, maybe sign one of the available vets, but if they aren't able to, then could see them trading assets.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so Ben may retire and they'd trade their playmaker for draft capital?......hell, I'd bet if Brees retires we can get a shot at Michael Thomas for "draft capital", right??..........

Right!

Because they will no longer play with a QB in the lineup!

Remember when we traded Reed after Kelly left?

Same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

Who is the source ... is there a link ... or is this one of those the cabbie that took my second cousin to the airport stated a fellow cabbie mentioned that someone who he believes is Bens agent was talking on the phone and stated that Ben was fed up and might quit?

7 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Why is this thread posted twice?

Why is this thread posted twice?

It’s not. There’s a thread that Ben maybe being done with football. The other is maybe Ben is done with fotball. I guess he may be giving up a lot of things. Maybe he can also give up being the worst kind of creep while he’s at it? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Even if he did retire they are not purging that roster are you crazy? 
They can trade for Cam, sign Fitz, Rosen, Mariota, Dalton, they may not land a franchise quarterback but look what they did with scrubs this year. They can win with a halfway decent quarterback while also drafting someone they like. But sure let’s go get Watt and JuJu for pennies on the dollar. And then just like that mom said no more madden on the PlayStation today 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

Where did this rumor come from?  You gots a linky?