Jets going down - Angry Gase throws Darnold, Kicker, Anderson, Greggo under the bus. "I can do whatever I want"

Reed83HOF

how hard is it to get the floating tacos to follow through with a gameplan! the delicious mexicano spices alone are worth 5 wins. 

very disapointed that the taco meme was not in this thread! i looked for 3 pages then gave up. you should all be ashamed! gase and floating tacos are forever linked.

i dont know how to "gif" here. but somone has to try

https://images.app.goo.gl/tzQwmoqVHLugz8Er5

edit: well there is the link! thats good for now. if i check back tom and that crazy sob isnt eye chasing tacos somwhere in this thread im deleting my account!

Edited by Buffarukus

3 hours ago, stosh64 said:

People need to listen to it, its worse than reading it.

This guy, if they continue to lose, which is likely with their schedule, and if he has to continue facing the NY press is going to come unglued!

I for one, am loving this!

Weird. I think I somehow got the link from Jim Lovell speaking with Mission Control from Apollo 13.  He didn't seem as arrogant in the movie. 

4 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Grrrrrr

Being serious here dude, I do feel bad that you guys got this clown for a HC. Always will be a Bills fan, but it's hard not to feel sympathy toward a fan base that's been tainted with a very questionable coaching choice. As bad as I hate to say this, you guys are gonna miss Kotite before it's all said and done

Edited by buffalo2218

1 hour ago, FLbills said:

I thought the same thing at first and then I realized that the author was referring to Gase being a little crazy, wearing his heart on his sleeve, etc. Gives a lot more to report about and from the author's perspective, it's refreshingly awesome. At least that's how I interpreted it.

It's a fair point that several of the games' winningest coaches give pressers that are about as thrilling as watching paint dry.

Bellycheat*** I'm looking at you

14 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

On one hand its awesome seeing him throw his team under the bus and that it could lead to a team implosion but...

Lets not act like that a team that just blew a 16 point lead in the fourth quarter doesn't need a kick in the behind and deserves all the call outs

The team as a whole, Yes.

Calling out specific players - never a good idea.

They only had a 16 point lead in the 4th quarter because of a flukey pick-6 and a questionable safety

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

See, here is where I have a problem with "If" ing the game.  If the Jets had a better FG kicker.  If they hadn't caught a couple of lucky bounces.  If our D had caught a couple of Darnold's deflections.  You can go all through the game saying "if this or that play were different" but if it were different, it would have been a different game with different calls and decisions all through.

A good chunk of this fan base is conditioned to wait for the other shoe to drop.

14 teams by the end of tonight would kill for a 1 point win. Why can’t some Bills fans?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Gase is like the worst press conference coach ever. He just cuts down his own team at the knees. You've got a coach that throws you under the bus and a defensive coordinator that cusses you out all day every day. Must be horrible to play for that team.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I was just coming to post this... lol. Listening to his presser now. 

So far I am enjoying the Adam Gase/Greggooo NYJ tenure. 

I see Buddy Ryan and Kevin Gilbride all over again.... outstanding!

6 hours ago, Chicharito said:

They have the browns, pats, bye, eagles, cowgirls, pats, and jags in that order. It’s a real possibility that they start 0-7. That’s a tough stretch.

Either the Jets or Browns will start 0-2 which is delicious. Implosion from an AFC pre-season WC contender due in 5.4.3.2.1.....

Edited by RocCityRoller

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

Gase is like the worst press conference coach ever. He just cuts down his own team at the knees. You've got a coach that throws you under the bus and a defensive coordinator that cusses you out all day every day. Must be horrible to play for that team.

Ask Barr.  Oh wait.  Don't.

34 minutes ago, MJS said:

If they really hate it they could take the Antonio Brown plan of breaking contracts.  I think the Raisins made a big mistake releasing him rather than just repeatedly fining and suspending him.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

how hard is it to get the floating tacos to follow through with a gameplan! the delicious mexicano spices alone are worth 5 wins. 

very disapointed that the taco meme was not in this thread! i looked for 3 pages then gave up. you should all be ashamed! gase and floating tacos are forever linked.

i dont know how to "gif" here. but somone has to try

https://images.app.goo.gl/tzQwmoqVHLugz8Er5

edit: well there is the link! thats good for now. if i check back tom and that crazy sob isnt eye chasing tacos somwhere in this thread im deleting my account!

Here you go.  It is worth watching again.

tenor.gif?itemid=13291293

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Here you go.  It is worth watching again.

tenor.gif?itemid=13291293

of coarse the guy from Colorado would come thu! that legal weed has you guys chasing them delicious tacos too! lol thank you brother you have restored my faith in humanity and this message board.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. I said it about half a season in at Miami. He always thinks he is the smartest man in the room and he takes no accountability for anything. He just sulks that his players can't execute his genius game plans because.... in case you didn't hear the first time... he is the smartest man in the room. 

He made the playoffs that season and I was already saying it couldn't last. 

Having Peyton Manning stroking his ego was the worst thing to happen to have as a coach ...Peyton raved about his offensive acumen he probably uses that as justification for everything being everyone else's fault .

8 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

7CD935DF-1B0A-4F08-8450-4007CAE3F5C5.thumb.jpeg.f90c3bbe4e4741a872b2d9f202b1eacf.jpeg

Obviously I'm not Gase fan. But I think "throwing them under the bus" is a clickbait headline. I'd like to think we are better than that. 

Edited by The Dean
Posted before I intended. HAL is taking over!
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Obviously I'm not Gase fan. But I think "throwing them under the bus" is a clickbait headline. I'd like to think we are better than that. 

anything that stirs up controversy over there is well worth it. clickedy click click click away friends! let the media run with it and seep deep into the young fragile mind of thier quaterback lol

pssst heey saaam the coach doesnt believe innn yoooou

hey darnold ioits allll yooour faaault yoooou suuuuck

Edited by Buffarukus

8 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Adam Gase summed up his football philosophy in one short sentence.

“That’s the beauty part of being the head coach – I can basically do what I want,” Gase said.

Gase’s first shot came when he was asked about the offensive line and whether that unit’s struggles helped explain some of the offense’s overarching inefficiency.

His answer? “Some of it was the O-line, but I would say if we read the coverages correctly with the receivers, some of that isn’t a problem.”

Robby Anderson got the worst of Gase’s wrath. The coach was asked about Darnold averaging just 6.25 yards per completion and the lack of shots taken downfield and came back with this clear snipe at his wideout:

“Yeah, if we just make plays on the balls that we actually threw down the field, that’s a different number," Gase said. "I mean, we had opportunities. We had a chance to win the game. We have to come out of our double move. The guy falls down and we don’t come out running. So if we do that, then all of a sudden we’re scoring a touchdown. Guys need to do a better job of executing what they’re supposed to be doing.”

That was a blatant jab at Anderson, who got behind the defense late in the fourth quarter. Darnold’s ball sailed over his head. Apparently, Gase didn’t like Anderson’s effort.

OK, so Gase ripped into his own offense. How about Gregg Williams’ defense? How’d the cornerbacks look on tape?

“I feel like we have some slight room for improvement," Gase said. "I’ll say that nicely.”

giphy.gif

And that's why he flamed out in Miami, good job jets. Makes it that much easier to take over the division.

8 hours ago, Stevie Ray said:

I really feel for Darnold. He deserves better than this clown for a HC............but then again its the Jets so I'm giddy ?

Hopefully he moves out of the division after they fail.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

And that's why he flamed out in Miami, good job jets. Makes it that much easier to take over the division.

Hopefully he moves out of the division after they fail.

A worthy successor to BB, as the latter then really would appear to be GOAT coach.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Dean said:

This is the very definition of throwing a player under the bus:

“Yeah, if we just make plays on the balls that we actually threw down the field, that’s a different number," Gase said. "I mean, we had opportunities. We had a chance to win the game. We have to come out of our double move. The guy falls down and we don’t come out running. So if we do that, then all of a sudden we’re scoring a touchdown. Guys need to do a better job of executing what they’re supposed to be doing.”

49 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

This is the very definition of throwing a player under the bus:

“Yeah, if we just make plays on the balls that we actually threw down the field, that’s a different number," Gase said. "I mean, we had opportunities. We had a chance to win the game. We have to come out of our double move. The guy falls down and we don’t come out running. So if we do that, then all of a sudden we’re scoring a touchdown. Guys need to do a better job of executing what they’re supposed to be doing.”

Right. He’s essentially taking no accountability for his own coaching or play calling or game plan and saying the call swould have worked if the players executed them. He’s saying it is the players’ fault that they lost, not his. A more balanced approach, perhaps owning at least a smidge of the loss, appears beyond him. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is why coachspeak exists... People hate that mcdermott doesn't really say much of anything about his players, neither does Belichick.  

Right after the game?  I dunno, need to see film.  

After i see the film? On to the ______, lets talk about them.  And when i do, i will have nothing but compliments for that team.  

Then you have McVay talking about a called back penalty from a preseason game in 2017 when this guy threw a pass.  

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Right. He’s essentially taking no accountability for his own coaching or play calling or game plan and saying the call swould have worked if the players executed them. He’s saying it is the players’ fault that they lost, not his. A more balanced approach, perhaps owning at least a smidge of the loss, appears beyond him. 

Or ya know... coaching your players?  Not ripping them apart in a press conference. 

This is why i hate when coaches call plays.  Separates you from the coaching too much - Gase is probably only talking to other coaches and the QBs for the entire game.  If he didn't like Andersons route, he should be telling him right away - and COACHING him.  Not just telling him he sucks.

• Like (+1) 1