QB Tyree Jackson likely to start preseason finale

HOUSE

Buffalo Bills quarterback Tyree Jackson (6) Buffalo Bills vs. Detroit Lions at Ford Field, August 23, 2019. Photo by Bill Wippert.
Buffalo Bills quarterback Tyree Jackson (6) Buffalo Bills vs. Detroit Lions at Ford Field, August 23, 2019. Photo by Bill Wippert.

Quick Hits: QB Tyree Jackson likely to start preseason finale

Chris_Brown-headshot2017

Chris Brown

1. QB Tyree Jackson likely to start preseason finale

In the final game of the Bills preseason it looks like undrafted rookie QB Tyree Jackson will see his most extensive action. Though head coach Sean McDermott didn’t fully confirm the UB product as the starter against the Vikings on Thursday night, he indicated that he is leaning that way.

“We’re still in conversations about that, but more than likely I would say,” McDermott said.

To this point in the preseason, Jackson has just 24 pass attempts and eight completions. He has also rushed for 32 yards.

On Thursday night, with most of the starters not expected to take the field, Jackson could eclipse those figures knowing he’ll be getting the most playing time he’s seen in a Bills uniform.

Jackson has not been the beneficiary of a lot of reps in practice either as the offensive staff is focused on getting Josh Allen and Matt Barkley ready for the regular season, but McDermott has seen Jackson make strides with his personal game.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/quick-hits-qb-tyree-jackson-likely-to-start-preseason-finale

Edited by HOUSE

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

I say play a drinking game. Take a swig whenever Tyree makes a terrible throw. 

Ill be pinned by half time i think hopefully and be able to watch the rest of the game. 

Im gonna take a drink when he completes a pass. I will end up more sober than when the game kicks off. 

• Haha (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Let him play the whole game, it just may be the last time he sees an NFL field, I see nothing that suggests he has what it takes to be a QB in the NFL, maybe a move to TE would be a good move for him.

Has he shown he has the ability to play TE?

1 hour ago, mykidsdad said:

UB plays Thursday, too, right? If Jackson starts that will be kind of cool, to flip back and forth, if you're a UB fan (which I am).

The UB game will be more exciting.....lol

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So much for the Bills having their first 4-0 preseason. 

It’s not like the Vikings are going to play anyone who won’t be working at Target next month, either.

Besides fringe guys on the bubble, nobody in this game will be NFL relevant.

Edited by eanyills
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, DJB said:

I say play a drinking game. Take a swig whenever Tyree makes a terrible throw. 

Ill be pinned by half time i think hopefully and be able to watch the rest of the game. 

Why is it culturally acceptable by the masses at this forum to make a joke about Tyree being bad, but any suggestion of Allen being bad brings down a world of hate on the poster?

I guess the answer lies in expectations, or lack thereof.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Why is it culturally acceptable by the masses at this forum to make a joke about Tyree being bad, but any suggestion of Allen being bad brings down a world of hate on the poster?

I guess the answer lies in expectations, or lack thereof.

Mostly because the Allen takes are dumb. If you’re getting hate, you aren’t getting “hate,” you are being made fun of. 

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Quick Hits: QB Tyree Jackson likely to start preseason finale

Chris_Brown-headshot2017

Chris Brown

In the final game of the Bills preseason it looks like undrafted rookie QB Tyree Jackson will see his most extensive action. Though head coach Sean McDermott didn’t fully confirm the UB product as the starter against the Vikings on Thursday night, he indicated that he is leaning that way.

“We’re still in conversations about that, but more than likely I would say,” McDermott said.

To this point in the preseason, Jackson has just 24 pass attempts and eight completions. He has also rushed for 32 yards.

On Thursday night, with most of the starters not expected to take the field, Jackson could eclipse those figures knowing he’ll be getting the most playing time he’s seen in a Bills uniform.

Jackson has not been the beneficiary of a lot of reps in practice either as the offensive staff is focused on getting Josh Allen and Matt Barkley ready for the regular season, but McDermott has seen Jackson make strides with his personal game.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/quick-hits-qb-tyree-jackson-likely-to-start-preseason-finale

Chris_Brown-headshot2017

Chris Brown

oh boy.  all goosebumps over here.

find something else to do during this one... yikes

14 hours ago, Bangarang said:

He should play the entire game. I’m sure the WRs fighting for a roster spot are thrilled.

Expect lot's of handoff's,  bubble screens and quick slants.  And watch the DB's for Minnesota read Tyree's eyes and be right on top of the receivers no matter how quickly he gets rid of the ball.  

14 hours ago, eanyills said:

It’s not like the Vikings are going to play anyone who won’t be working at Target next month, either.

Besides fringe guys on the bubble, nobody in this game will be NFL relevant.

Minnesota will be playing preseason hero QB Kyle Sloter-- good betting opportunity

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This is why preseason sucks.  I watched the guy for 3 years at UB.  Legit has all the physical nfl talent in the world.  But because he is struggling to transition to the nfl which getting less than 1/3 of the snaps, he sucks and has no future.

he is the definition of a developmental qb.  But let’s give him for Alex Tanney who has no good nfl skills. 

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is why preseason sucks.  I watched the guy for 3 years at UB.  Legit has all the physical nfl talent in the world.  But because he is struggling to transition to the nfl which getting less than 1/3 of the snaps, he sucks and has no future.

he is the definition of a developmental qb.  But let’s give him for Alex Tanney who has no good nfl skills. 

I plan to watch the dawning of the Matt Myers Era over at UB Stadium Thursday against a tomato can called Robert Morris. (I guess Villa Maria was busy.) It's on ESPN+ Thursday. I'll watch the Bills on replay after.

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I plan to watch the dawning of the Matt Myers Era over at UB Stadium Thursday against a tomato can called Robert Morris. (I guess Villa Maria was busy.) It's on ESPN+ Thursday. I'll watch the Bills on replay after.

Robert Morris wasn’t a bad program a few years ago and put a few guys in the NFL.  I had a friend that played there and he played with Hank Fraley who started on the Eagles.

the Myers thing is interesting.  He single handedly destroyed Timon by leaving and made West Seneca West become state champs.  Super talented kid.

also, I know you’re a big UB guy, what do you think about Jackson?

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Robert Morris wasn’t a bad program a few years ago and put a few guys in the NFL.  I had a friend that played there and he played with Hank Fraley who started on the Eagles.

the Myers thing is interesting.  He single handedly destroyed Timon by leaving and made West Seneca West become state champs.  Super talented kid.

also, I know you’re a big UB guy, what do you think about Jackson?

Surprised you haven't seen numerous comments I've made on him. Being a UB supporter I want him to succeed, but he's been awful.  He hasn't done enough to earn a PS slot. But I also felt Cardale Jones was just as bad. The Chargers stuck with him and he's now challenging Tyrod Taylor for QB2. So I'm fine with keeping him around. He definitely left school (UB or any transfer) too soon. More coaching can only help.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

So STH get forced to buy these exhibitions, pay to park and then pay more to eat and drink in the stadium...

to watch Tyree Freakin’ Jackson play the whole game!   ?

Tip of the cap to anyone who plans on attending this travesty. 

I have this argument all the time with the Bills and some of their folks...why not just market the cost of the ST to be  for the regular season games, and as a bonus we give you two free preseason games. So if the cost of a seat for the season is $800, just divide that up according to your variable pricing guideline by 8 games, instead of 10.

Makes my regular season face value higher, might recoup more on resale, and more people may buy season tickets cause they aint eating the preseason. Also takes away the anger of  many ticket holders saying "I am flushing $160 down the tubes on this game.. 

They have never been able to give me a good reason why they DONT do it this way, other than thats not the way we do it. 

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Surprised you haven't seen numerous comments I've made on him. Being a UB supporter I want him to succeed, but he's been awful.  He hasn't done enough to earn a PS slot. But I also felt Cardale Jones was just as bad. The Chargers stuck with him and he's now challenging Tyrod Taylor for QB2. So I'm fine with keeping him around. He definitely left school (UB or any transfer) too soon. More coaching can only help.

he was awful last year at UB too

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

He was awful last year at UB too

To be accurate, his second half of the season was awful. He was quite good early.

As for your ST question, I think it has something to do with revenue shared with the visiting team. Road teams get a cut of the gate in the NFL.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I have this argument all the time with the Bills and some of their folks...why not just market the cost of the ST to be  for the regular season games, and as a bonus we give you two free preseason games. So if the cost of a seat for the season is $800, just divide that up according to your variable pricing guideline by 8 games, instead of 10.

Makes my regular season face value higher, might recoup more on resale, and more people may buy season tickets cause they aint eating the preseason. Also takes away the anger of  many ticket holders saying "I am flushing $160 down the tubes on this game.. 

They have never been able to give me a good reason why they DONT do it this way, other than thats not the way we do it. 

he was awful last year at UB too

Stop with the hyperbole. He had a bad finish to his season but was far from awful the whole year.  I was at the EMU game where he completed 80% of his passes for 325 and 3 tds.  If you saw that game and a bunch others, it was nfl caliber.  

He is a raw dude.  But he is what you try to develop more than some scrub with no talent. 

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I know it is not important, but I really, really, really want to go 4-0 this preseason.

If I may quote the Principal from that 80s classic teen movie, Three O'Clock High, from the climactic fight scene:

"DON'T **** THIS UP, MITCHELL!"

Didn’t the Browns and Lions go 4-0 in the preseason before they went winless?

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Stop with the hyperbole. He had a bad finish to his season but was far from awful the whole year.  I was at the EMU game where he completed 80% of his passes for 325 and 3 tds.  If you saw that game and a bunch others, it was nfl caliber.  

He is a raw dude.  But he is what you try to develop more than some scrub with no talent. 

I'll take my chances.

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I thought he was overhyped and awful pretty much the whole year. He had some big games, but I was never impressed with his accuracy  or decision making,l. 

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I thought he was overhyped and awful pretty much the whole year. He had some big games, but I was never impressed with his accuracy  or decision making,l. 

I don’t disagree but that’s why you keep him on practice squad and hopes this improves with nfl coaching.