Luck retiring

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

My son just told me, showed me the Schefter tweet. Relax, but how curious is THIS????

Just saw it. Brutal. the Indy front office never gave him support with a series of atrocious offensive lines. They ruined that kids career. What a waste of talent. Terrible.

1 minute ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that he'll take a year off and be back

I’m with you. Seems to be possibly a knee jerk reaction by luck to some bad injuries etc etc. at 29 I would expect to see him again unless there’s a lot more to this story 

I really like Luck. But that’s Karma for the Colts. They rolled over and tanked for 1 season to land Luck. I have never seen an NFL team roll over so badly than the colts when manning went down. 

Plus, Indy isn’t a football city— not even sure they even deserve a team, let alone one with 20+ consecutive years with a franchise QB.

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m with you. Seems to be possibly a knee jerk reaction by luck to some bad injuries etc etc. at 29 I would expect to see him again unless there’s a lot more to this story 

Unless the injuries are something that he just can't overcome physically and/or mentally, a year away could be beneficial. Maybe he just ends up missing the game so much that he can't stay away.

24 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Filed to ESPN: Andrew Luck has informed the Colts he is retiring from the NFL, per source. There will be a press conference Sunday to make it official, but Luck is mentally worn down, and now checking out.

This is the real Adam Schefter...

Damn! Thats terrible timing and extreme Wussiness by Luck

Even worse that means 4merper4mer wins :death: !!

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Just saw it. Brutal. the Indy front office never gave him support with a series of atrocious offensive lines. They ruined that kids career. What a waste of talent. Terrible.

Sadly, they finally seem to have a competent FO. Odd timing, and hope things may change in the future. Get well and come back, sir. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

What a shame, but I have to respect him and his decision. Great guy, great sense of humor, and great talent lost to unfortunate injuries. 

https://engineering.stanford.edu/news/andrew-luck-architectural-design-class-2012

Guess he will just have to struggle along with his Stanford degree...Seriously smart and great young man who can write his own ticket in broadcasting or in his degree field. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Sadly, they finally seem to have a competent FO. Odd timing, and hope things may change in the future. Get well and come back, sir. 

Maybe a year off would do it. Gotta feel bad for Reich, he had a helluva team that was contending. Not thinking Jacoby is going to get them there.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I really like Luck. But that’s Karma for the Colts. They rolled over and tanked for 1 season to land Luck. I have never seen an NFL team roll over so badly than the colts when manning went down. 

Plus, Indy isn’t a football city— not even sure they even deserve a team, let alone one with 20+ consecutive years with a franchise QB.

I live in the Indy metro area.  Your comment about the city is BS.  Buffalo (Sabres) can write a book about rolling over and tanking!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Element115 said:

I don't think he would have retired then?  He would still belong to the Colts if he came back as he's under contract?

Yep.  Colts still have control of him until he plays out contract.  Think Barry Sanders.  That's why he retired.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Do you think the true reason Luck retired is because he was intimidated by Chad Kelly's presence in the locker room?

Guess the injuries caught up with Luck. This puts the Colts in a terrible spot as it’s a couple of weeks before the start of the season. Colts just went from the favorites in the AFC to possibly not even making the playoffs. I feel bad for Frank Reich.

• Sad 1