Luck retiring

Beane is doing it right.  When you have a franchise QB, you prioritize the line.

This is all on the Colts.  What a bad organization - even with Manning, they only managed one ring.

Bummer for Luck, and for true fans of the game.  We were robbed of what should have been a great career.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm actually amazed that more NFL players don't do this. If I had 8 figures in the bank, I don't think I would be all that motivated to go out and get crushed by 300 pound men until I can't remember my own name anymore.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, skibum said:

I'm actually amazed that more NFL players don't do this. If I had 8 figures in the bank, I don't think I would be all that motivated to go out and get crushed by 300 pound men until I can't remember my own name anymore.

It's likely because this is a rare player in terms of his intelligence.

2 minutes ago, skibum said:

I wrote the same post more  or less a few pages ago just when the PC started.

Surprised we don't see more of this.  Guys taking the $ and running before they have to basically.

3 minutes ago, skibum said:

Because most of them are irresponsible, can't handle money well and spend it all 

• Like (+1) 1

Constant pain sucks. Go on Andrew and live your life and find enjoyment again. Football isn't everything. Retiring from this game too early is probably better your your long-term health than going too late. The injuries all have a toll that you carry with you in retirement. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Element115 said:

This presser is interrupting me watching Tyrod light it up against Seattle.

Lol, just looking at the stats, Wilson has thrown for 10 more yards in the same amount of completions but one less attempt, and is averaging the same Yards per carry on the ground.....

The Colts have mishandled Andrew Luck his entire career.  Starting with no oline protection and finishing tonight by letting this information out where Luck is booed off the field.  They, including Luck, should have kept this under wraps until tomorrow.  Just terrible.  Luck deserves better.

• Like (+1) 2