Luck retiring

9 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Has he thanked the fans at all?

You mean the idiot Colts fans that booed him off the field tonight as he left for the last time? Bunch of classless punks there in Indy. They have been spoiled with amazing franchise QBs the last two decades. F them. Hope that team goes 2-14 the next 20 years. Maybe they will realize what they had. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I really feel like a lot of this is mental. I remember irsay saying last year that he felt the injury was “in his head” He needs to move on and enjoy his life. He clearly was miserable

That sounds almost Barry Sanders-like.  A top flight player who got overly frustrated due to circumstances. Things did appear to be looking up for Luck, however. The injuries have to be taxing on the soul. 

Edited by Augie

Just now, Billznut said:

You mean the idiot Colts fans that booed him off the field tonight as he left for the last time? Bunch of classless punks there in Indy. They have been spoiled with amazing franchise QBs the last two decades. F them. Hope that team goes 2-14 the next 20 years. Maybe they will realize what they had. 

I don't think I blame the fans much. Bills fans ripped Davis, an older veteran who wasn't a huge part of a rebuilding team, for retiring during halftime of a game because he just didnt feel like he could do it anymore.

These fans just had a similar thing happen to them but with their franchise QB who was the star of their offence and decided that 2 weeks before the season opener, he just doesn't feel like he wants to play anymore. The team now went through the draft and FA without being able to find a replacement for him to backup Brissett

36 minutes ago, major said:

Please tell me they didn’t do that! That’s up there with eagles fans 

Colts fans deserve every losing season that’s coming their way. 

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't think I blame the fans much. Bills fans ripped Davis, an older veteran who wasn't a huge part of a rebuilding team, for retiring during halftime of a game because he just didnt feel like he could do it anymore.

These fans just had a similar thing happen to them but with their franchise QB who was the star of their offence and decided that 2 weeks before the season opener, he just doesn't feel like he wants to play anymore. The team now went through the draft and FA without being able to find a replacement for him to backup Brissett

No comparison between Luck and Davis. None at all. Losing a franchise qb, #1 overall pick means just a tad more than losing a 2nd or 3 rd corner that was old as dirt and had spent five minutes with this franchise 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Yes. Clearly Vonte Davis quitting after playing one half of football for a franchise and quitting (and getting ridiculed across the country for doing so) is comparable to a guy that had some serious injuries and being a hell of a player getting boo’d off the field after 7 years with the same organization.

Good analogy, mate!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yes. Clearly Vonte Davis quitting after playing one half of football for a franchise and quitting (and getting ridiculed across the country for doing so) is comparable to a guy that had some serious injuries and being a hell of a player getting boo’d off the field after 7 years with the same organization.

Good analogy, mate!

Your right, an older vet who barely played for the team and wasnt a huge part of the team walking away is something to be mad about compared to your franchise QB and the cornerstone of your offence deciding right before the season starts to shock everyone and walk away before turning 30.

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Your right, an older vet who barely played for the team and wasnt a huge part of the team walking away is something to be mad about compared to your franchise QB and the cornerstone of your offence deciding right before the season starts to shock everyone and walk away before turning 30.

Being upset about losing a franchise player is one thing.

Booing the man off the field is another.

If you can’t see that I don’t know what to tell you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

No thanks, don't want Barkley standing in our way to the playoffs. Reich would bring out too much of his best

Nah, hes not that good, would probably be an average QB if he had to be the starter. He was practically out of the league when we picked him up.

you almost always get more compensation for a QB than they worth.

We probably could get two firsts for him.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Nah, hes not that good, would probably be an average QB if he had to be the starter. He was practically out of the league when we picked him up.

Skelton!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Ok, so 2 firsts for an average QB. The same average QB that put up a 40 burger in his only start against the Jets? That was with a bad O line and below par receivers. You really want to give that to Reich?

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Dearest Mother,  

I have tired of the constant skirmishes and battles of this long and dreadful war, and fear my heart is no longer in leading the regulars. I take my leave, and will study in peace for the years to come.

He’s a quirky guy, and that’s one of the things I love about him. I’ll respect his wishes, whatever they may be. So many people would think they had to follow the obvious path before them, but he’s not limited by that. 

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think Brisset is pretty good but the timing of this stinks for the colts. They are kind of stuck now. If this happened before the draft they would have been in good shape. Oh well, maybe it’s karma for them tanking to get Luck in the first place. 

didn't tank , Peyton was that good.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Exactly, and it’s not like they had to have some brilliant draft strategy to get them.  They were just lucky enough to be the worst team in the league in the right season twice.

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I really feel like a lot of this is mental. I remember irsay saying last year that he felt the injury was “in his head” He needs to move on and enjoy his life. He clearly was miserable

Sounds like he was definitely miserable and in a quite a bit of pain over the last 3 or 4 years. 

9 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Sounds like he wouldn't be playing anytime soon anyway, hence the frustration with rehabbing. If he was healthy, he wouldn't be rehabbing.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Weak . I thought he had a lot more grit in him than this, guess not.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

didn't tank , Peyton was that good.

The reality is that those Colts teams weren’t that good. Peyton was the difference between a 14-win team and a 2-win team. He was the entire team. But watching that year, the Colts also just gave up.

I Always like to contrast them with the patriots the year Brady was out for the season. They won 11 games with Meh Cassel as QB.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

They have Chad Kelly!!

4 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

The reality is that those Colts teams weren’t that good. Peyton was the difference between a 14-win team and a 2-win team. He was the entire team. But watching that year, the Colts also just gave up.

I Always like to contrast them with the patriots the year Brady was out for the season. They won 11 games with Meh Cassel as QB.

I agree totally. Thats why Peyton is the better QB.

Brady would not have flourished in a different situation.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Man, what could have been with Luck... He started out his career looking like the next great QB. It’s a shame things didn’t work out differently. 

I feel like the Colts kind of ruined him. They put little talent around him for years. He took huge beatings behind that o line and sustained numerous injuries. The Colts more/less had him play with a bad shoulder until it was just torn to shreds.

And the whole process made Luck kind of just check out mentally. I’m not saying Luck is blameless or anything, though. 

Id say that I feel bad for Colts fans (and I do, a bit), but they went from Peyton Manning  right to Andrew Luck so there are a lot of Colts fans who don’t really know what it’s like not to have a great QB (even if luck’s career was derailed by injury). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is... something.

l

Thats a grownass man decision right there... when you’ve only ever been one thing in your life, and that’s all anyone wants you to be, and that’s what your best at, to be able to stop doing that for the good of your physical, mental, and emotional health as well as for the good of your family, that takes guts. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, whatdrought said:

Thats a grownass man decision right there... when you’ve only ever been one thing in your life, and that’s all anyone wants you to be, and that’s what your best at, to be able to stop doing that for the good of your physical, mental, and emotional health as well as for the good of your family, that takes guts. 

He’s made 97 mill, has 1st kid on the way. It’s not what football fans want to see but...