richardb1952

Eric Dungey over Tyree Jackson

I think Bills took the wrong NY QB.  I see how Tyree might have had more upside but Dungey was a far more accurate passer and played at a higher level.  I just don't see Jackson as an NFL QB but Dungey made plays and made his team better.  What more could you ask for from a 3rd string Practice Squad QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

I honestly don’t understand this obsession with a 3rd string QB. The only QB that matters is Allen. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 5

Isn't Dungey sitting at home right now? Giants released him like a month ago. Neither one is going to play in the NFL.

I'd take a deep breath. It's the 3rd string QB.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I honestly don’t understand this obsession with a 3rd string QB. The only QB that matters is Allen. 

Well and Barkley....

• Like (+1) 2

I understand that he is only our 3rd string qb and there is zero chance that he makes the roster but the reason that it is important is how can we properly judge our wide receivers. Is it fair to Duke Williams, Cam Phillips, Isaiah McKenzie or any of the other wide receivers that are battling for the final wr spot?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

You're really pissing off Matt Barkley here

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think it is not a bad idea to have a 3rd string develemental QB on  practice squad, I would hate to ever see Tyree have to come in and play QB for the Bills.  Dungey was at least competitive and was instrumental is SU's success last year.  I am not close to being any kind of talent evaluator but IMHO Tyree doesn't have it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Jackson is hard to watch.  He’s horrendously bad 

I would rather watch Cardale Jones or even Jeff Tuel...

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, richardb1952 said:

I think it is not a bad idea to have a 3rd string develemental QB on  practice squad, I would hate to ever see Tyree have to come in and play QB for the Bills.  Dungey was at least competitive and was instrumental is SU's success last year.  I am not close to being any kind of talent evaluator but IMHO Tyree doesn't have it.

I agree, a 3rd QB isn't a bad idea, even on the PS, and Jackson isn't a NFL QB, I'd look to Indy and whoever they cut between Phillip Wheeler and Chad Kelly, both have played well for them.

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, richardb1952 said:

So,why hasnt any team signed Dungey if he  is  as good as you say?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I disagree.  As we found out last season, having a competent backup QB matters, too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, anthonymario said:

I understand that he is only our 3rd string qb and there is zero chance that he makes the roster but the reason that it is important is how can we properly judge our wide receivers. Is it fair to Duke Williams, Cam Phillips, Isaiah McKenzie or any of the other wide receivers that are battling for the final wr spot?

Do realize that the vast majority of analysis happens in practice, not during pre-season games ? 

I think the Bills will keep Jackson thru the preseason & maybe onto to the PS to begin with but if a better option for a young QB comes up they will make a change.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, richardb1952 said:

Dungey was a great college quarterback. But his skillset does not transfer well to the next level. Not to mention - his concussions won't allow him to play anyway.

He's at peace with moving on to his broadcasting career.

Anyone see Cardale Jones play for the Chargers today?  Sometimes crappy QBs get better if you (shocker!!) give them time to develop. That said TJ6 is pretty bad right now.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I disagree.  As we found out last season, having a competent backup QB matters, too.

The 3rd string QB isn't the backup QB. It's the 2nd string QB.

Posted (edited)

Bring back Peterman? I think he had a 50 yard rush the other day. 😁

Edited by KGun12TD

Doomed. I can just about guarantee that if we get down to #3 during the regular season it won't matter if it's Dungy/Jackson or anyone else

3 hours ago, richardb1952 said:

I think Bills took the wrong NY QB.  I see how Tyree might have had more upside but Dungey was a far more accurate passer and played at a higher level.  I just don't see Jackson as an NFL QB but Dungey made plays and made his team better.  What more could you ask for from a 3rd string Practice Squad QB.  

To be able to run a scout team mimicking various opponents for us is probably bigger than ability to win a game himself 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

I would rather watch Cardale Jones or even Jeff Tuel...

Levi Brown even

Edited by Arkady Renko

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Levi Brown even

Ryan Nassib is available.

Hell, EJ Manuel is better than Tyree

Edited by That's No Moon

Eric might be a better prospect but both are likely to be out of the league