Ivory gone

40 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I fear that Vladimir (Putin) Ducasse and Russell (Jethro) Bodine are to be shown the door next.....

From Over the Cap

$2.15 Million in cap savings from Ivory

$2.3  Million from Bodine

$2 Million from Vlad

Bodine has a 200k workout bonus - so they would theoretically want to dump him before that triggers.  Not for cap reasons so much as - who wants to pay a guy 200 grand to never suit up for the team again.

19 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Looking back at Ivory’s year as a Bill.. I can’t think of 1 great or memorable play. 

he didn’t really do much of anything. In a few years I don’t think I’ll even remember he played for the Bills. Wish him the best but his time in Buffalo was almost non existent. 

His touchdown against the Vikings was nice. Shady wasn’t very memorable last year either.

46 minutes ago, Wo-Bah said:

Man, our backfield is ancient.  I don't like it.  I liked Chris Ivory.  I imagine trying to tackle him, would've been like trying to talk a boulder rolling down a mountain at full speed.

He got tackled easier than Frank Gore last season and all the other seasons as well.

I have conflicting emotions. The Minny game last year (Allen hurdle game) showed the best and worst of Ivory. He had 20 or so rushing attempts and gave us barely 50 yards. But he was good as a receiving back out of the backfield (3 catches for a bunch of yards). 

We cant blame Shady's abysmal 2018 on the shoddy O-Line and not give Ivory the same benefit. That said, Gore does have skills and running style similar to Ivory - so releasing Ivory does kinda make sense. 

39 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I liked Ivory's skills as a receiver as he made some good plays. I wish him the best!

His best trait as a receiver was the ability to be abandoned by the defense in coverage.     Those plays and the wheel route to DiMarco and the TD pass to Dawkins were some of the best plays of the season.   If you ain't got the matchups.......create a matchup versus air........those are winners.........Ivory only lost one of those last year........that ball he fumbled with nobody around him in Miami.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Good dude- lost a step- runs hard- fumbles- good luck to him

Well because he’s 30!  If Gore breaks down this year, will anyone be surprised?

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

Gore turns 36 in may,Murphy is 27 with powerful thighs.

This is a family board sir!

• Haha (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Will TSW heads explode if Vlad the Imploder makes it to SJF?:flirt:   Can't be, right?

I guess I would be a bit surprised.  He was inactive for every game after the bye week last year.  He was originally signed because he knew Coach Castillo's blocking scheme..

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

I love what they've done in FA, but replacing Ivory with Gore is a head scratcher.

Gore is a better player than Ivory, or at least was last year.  He could see major regression this year.  But they'll add a young RB.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

I fear that Vladimir (Putin) Ducasse and Russell (Jethro) Bodine are to be shown the door next.....

From Over the Cap

$2.15 Million in cap savings from Ivory

$2.3  Million from Bodine

$2 Million from Vlad

The door of a plane...at 10k feet.  Chutes optional...  Lord knows they can both hold on for dear life.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

But just yesterday I was told he was a good stopgap free agent signing??

Ran hard.........if you needed 2 yards he got you 3.........if you needed 4 yards he got you 3.

Corrected for accuracy!

I actually don't care.  Ivory wasn't gonna see a ton of snaps anyways so why not save the money.  Murphy is gonna be good and can be a serviceable 3rd RB.  I also think that McCoy could have had a 1000 yards if we had a decent line.  I think you can book a RB in round 2-3 just my opinion.

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well because he’s 30!  If Gore breaks down this year, will anyone be surprised?

This is a family board sir!

Your right- 30 is that magic number. Somehow Gore has defied the odds- I wouldnt be surprised at all if he ran into the brick wall this season.