RB Frank Gore (Dolphins) to the Bills

sven233

Just now, CommonCents said:

Because getting older is a worse option than getting younger. Ivory being released has nothing to do with putting a value on Frank Gore. They are wasting time with old RBs instead of using the spot on a guy who might breakout. 

You have no idea if they're drafting an RB or not. That narrative can be revisited after the draft. No point in jumping the gun now. I do agree that we do need to draft a young rb and groom them. You now have 2 of the best

15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

McCoy, Ivory, Gore. We now have 3 of the top 13 active leaders in rushing yards. Gore #1, McCoy #3 and Ivory #13. Got that going for us.

And they all remember the Berlin wall coming down.:)

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

I don't mind the signing, prefer him to Ivory just thought he's more a 2nd tier FA that you could sign in a week or 2. Just wait and see what shakes out from other teams first... and then go after Gore.

That’s where I’m at. A 36 year-old Frank Gore doesn’t need to be signed 4 hours into FA.

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

It's signings like this that solidify the perception that the Bills are the laughingstock of the NFL. Available FAs are looking at this and thinking, " do I really want to join this"? Jets trade for a pro bowl G, sign a sought after WR and are the front runners for Bell and Paradis. The Bills sign a concussion prone CB and a 36 year old RB. Fingers crossed McBeane strike soon with something worth noting

First off, former pro-bowl G who the Raiders had no problem giving away.  

Second... how do you know we wanted Crowder?  I didn’t..  Humphries is a lot better and we’re interested so maybe let this play out?

Third...  Paradis and Bell still haven’t been signed. 

Edited by SCBills

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s where I’m at. A 36 year-old Frank Gore doesn’t need to be signed 4 hours into FA.

Maybe I'm overconfident, but this reminds me of when Mike Tolbert was the first "leaked" signing 2 years ago...there were also rumblings that we were pursuing fullbacks like DiMarco...

...then, a few hours later, a press release announcing the signings of Tolbert and DiMarco...and, by the way, two dudes named Poyer and Hyde.

I have to imagine that there's more going on behind the scenes...but I could be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I think the point is that he maybe coulda been had later. Maybe used the time today and earlier on in FA to go after people that will actually help the team.

But that's just my reasoning.

I understand that but I am sure the Bills have many irons in the fire and are in talks with many different players at the same time. I doubt they just focus on one player at a time. 

4 minutes ago, MTLBills said:

You have no idea if they're drafting an RB or not. That narrative can be revisited after the draft. No point in jumping the gun now. I do agree that we do need to draft a young rb and groom them. You now have 2 of the best

They can draft a guy and bring in a UDFA back. What purpose does having all these old guys have? They are declining, give someone a chance that can contribute going forward. 

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Maybe I'm overconfident, but this reminds me of when Mike Tolbert was the first "leaked" signing 2 years ago...there were also rumblings that we were pursuing fullbacks like DiMarco...

...then, a few hours later, a press release announcing the signings of Tolbert and DiMarco...and, by the way, two dudes named Poyer and Hyde.

I have to imagine that there's more going on behind the scenes...but I could be wrong.

I hope you’re right. Maybe we will get Paradis/Morse and Williams/James later today? 

This all happened fast as soon as Earl Campbell refused suit up for the Bills....

Brilliant marketing by the team - appeal to an older demographic with more established disposable income...a lock to do cross-promotions for Geritol and a whole host of prescription/OTC medications... 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yea, Gore still has some juice in the tank and he's one of the best blocking RBs ever but I don't know, just seems like you could wait a bit on him. Maybe another RB shakes lose that you like.