Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

1 minute ago, aceman_16 said:

So odd they dont pay Mack but they pay this 31 y/o diva. I dont get it. And weren't they shopping around Carr??!?

It does seem a little confusing for a team that seems to be rebuilding by trading and gathering high draft picks to suddenly buy the most expensive receiver in the league and jam that on to your cap space.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BigDingus said:

I honestly think it was just a matter of location for AB.

I have no issue with Buffalo, but when you may be playing in Vegas soon, what player wouldn't be excited about that?

Plus Nevada is another state like TX with no income tax, so players tend to like that.

Vegas loses it pasazz after you visit the second time.

Its a gaudy, fake, depressing ***** hole in the middle of the desert. 

Im sorry to any Vegas residents on this board. I personally could not live there, so props to you.

Im sure it will be fun for a week or two if youre a famous athlete and have a boat load money and fame. Dont get me wrong there. But theres something unfulfilling about living like a heathen your whole entire life.

I think Buffalo is a much, MUCH better place to live AND visit than compared to Vegas. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Im sorry to any Vegas residents on this board. I personally could not live there, so props to you.

Im sure it will be fun for a week or two if youre a famous athlete and have a boat load money and fame. Dont get me wrong there. But theres something unfulfilling about living like a heathen your whole entire life.

I think Buffalo is a much, MUCH better place to live AND visit than compared to Vegas. 

I have been to Vegas a bunch......and I know ppl that live there.

People who  live in Vegas live there for work purposes (in my experience) it is not a retirement type place.......and as you said it is out in the middle of the desert.   The tax situation is legit as another has posted.....but they dont even know if Vegas will even support a NFL team when a place like Los Angeles actually had trouble in the past.

The Raiders are in turmoil......and Brown will never win there but if it just to get his paycheck then he has accomplished that.

Buffalo's team situation is much better......our D is good and we just need to fix our O

I think Beane was trying to get AB for cheap, both in draft picks and salary.  The draft picks were probably OK but AB wants OBJ money, and he's not worth it at that age, and not for the Bills with a rebuilding offense. 

I look at this like a regular guy walking into a yacht store and seeing one he likes, and trying to figure out how he could make the payments.  After a little while you just shake your head and walk out.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

That's your opinion, and that's fine, but I don't think many young players would agree with you. There's a LOT to do, and it's not all like the brochures want you to think.

Believe it or not, you can do stuff in Vegas other than "heathen" things. And I don't want to get into it, but there are many, MANY negative things people can say about Buffalo, but we heard enough of it two nights ago I don't feel like retreading that garbage.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I have been to Vegas a bunch......and I know ppl that live there.

People who  live in Vegas live there for work purposes (in my experience) it is not a retirement type place.......and as you said it is out in the middle of the desert.   The tax situation is legit as another has posted.....but they dont even know if Vegas will even support a NFL team when a place like Los Angeles actually had trouble in the past.

The Raiders are in turmoil......and Brown will never win there but if it just to get his paycheck then he has accomplished that.

Buffalo's team situation is much better......our D is good and we just need to fix our O

Yea, my bad for ripping on Vegas so hard. I know a couple of people who live and work there too. The residents for the most part seem like good people. I was mostly referring to the strip and desert.

But back to football, I think the Bills are much better than the Raiders. I agree, the Bills have the better D by a landslide. I also thought the offenses were quite similar, until the recent acquisition of Brown. 

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The Bills are in turmoil if Allen looks bad this year... Let's not pretend we're even close to well-off or anything.

We have a strong defense, but Brown is 31 and clearly wants to enjoy his last years, and Vegas would be a place to do that, not Buffalo.

I'm sorry, but if you need any more evidence just look at his reactions to this trade announcement and all things leading up to it. Look at his posts on social media. Look at how genuinely happy he is about it. Now flash back a couple nights ago & how did he react? Polar opposites.

There's a reason the Bills trade for AB fell through, and it's likely not because they just suddenly stopped wanting a great WR. He didn't want any part of this team, a ton of money guaranteed or not. The Bills probably pulled out after his dissatisfaction was made clear to save face & not waste picks.

We had an abysmal offense last year. And yes, it looked a little better at the end of the year, but we all KNEW that would happen. In fact, before the turn around I made a post about that very thing. We had the EASIEST final 6 games of any team in the league, which just so happened to coincide with us suddenly being able to eek out a few decent games. So we beat some crap teams, big deal, we're still going to be bad until Josh Allen proves he can play in a way he's never played before (which would be asking a lot of anyone to do).

Reason enough for Brown to stay away, especially when this is likely Shady's last year (if he even makes it to/through the season).

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

That's your opinion, and that's fine, but I don't think many young players would agree with you. There's a LOT to do, and it's not all like the brochures want you to think.

Believe it or not, you can do stuff in Vegas other than "heathen" things. And I don't want to get into it, but there are many, MANY negative things people can say about Buffalo, but we heard enough of it two nights ago I don't feel like retreading that garbage.

Sure, Vegas beats Buffalo in terms of entertainment and strippers.

and yea, youre probably right. The majority of young players would prefer to live there as compared to Buffalo. 

but I still think Buffalo is a wayyy better city. Its not even close

I wouldn’t pick Vegas to live over a bunch of other cities, but if my other choice was Buffalo, I’m definitely picking Vegas. 

Im in ATL - If for nothing else, I’m so sick of the rain in the Southeast that the desert sounds incredible to me right now - However, IMO, Atlanta is nicer city to reside in. 

That being said.  I’m pretty sure Shady has homes in Atlanta and South Florida.   It’s not like these guys have to live year round in their teams locale.  

Edited by SCBills

35 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Why would they?  The process doesn’t call for a selfish 31 year old diva who quits on his teammates and throws his QB under the bus. Raiders gonna Raider adding this cancer to the locker room.

Ask Beane because he tried to trade for him.

1 hour ago, metzelaars_lives said:

There is no other way to spin it: the Bills look bad.  They couldn’t beat that?  Are the Bills that much less of a desirable destination than the Raiders??  

Correct.  We have a long way to go.  The Raiders have their QB on the trading block for *****'s sake and a star WR would rather go there.

1 hour ago, Estelle Getty said:

According to his twitter.....Probably a bad idea for both though. 

They're further away then the Bills... they don't even know where they're going to be playing football games at

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

And going back to the original "coach and QB" point, it seems likely that Whaley was missing BOTH of those things, thus causing the rest of the names mentioned not to matter.

It also points out that collecting talent is not the same as building a team. Think of the character/motivation of guys like Dareus, Watkins, and Glenn. Not exactly "team first" guys by most accounts.

Great points.  

If the rumors about the price of the Bills deal with Pittsburgh are true, Brown's parting gift to the Steelers was a lousier deal.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DBilz2500 said:

Oakland/Vegas is seen as a much happening city than Buffalo especially to a young rich single black man-plenty more prostitutes, much warmer and more gambling. No way he’d ever agree to come to Buffalo....

What could go wrong?

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Dam.. both star players, Bell and Brown, stuck it to the Steelers, one of the more supposed ‘respected’ franchises in all of sports history.

i don’t think that’s ever happened before. Crazy. 

Yeah Bell showed them and it'll only cost him $10 million.  

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Yeah Bell showed them and it'll only cost him $10 million.  

He still screwed them out of a possible Super Bowl season. The Steelers and their fans won’t ever get it back, but he will most definitely make the money back he lost and more. 

Edited by GETTOTHE50

When FA starts, if the Bills make 1 or 2 quick moves for 'big names', whether that's the O-line, receiver or wherever, this whole thing will be quickly forgotten. If the guys we've been linked to go elsewhere like the Jets or Indy then it's going to be a nightmare, and you know many people will point to the AB situation as having a big influence on how other FAs feel.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It just doesn’t make sense. The raiders were in full rebuild mode and now they’ve decided to buy old parts and slap some paint on it and see how it runs. 

Yeah I don't get it. By the time (if) the team is competitive Brown will be gone. I guess the organization needs some headlines to stir up excitement. 

1 hour ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

I ‘d like to see the press conference when the media asks Gruden why he didn’t just keep Cooper.

Next the Raiders will overpay a free agent pass rusher and/or use their first pick on one.

Amari Cooper isn't even close to the WR that AB is, about 200+ yards and 8 TD difference between the 2. They are getting a game changer for about the price that Randy moss cost the Patriots minus the giant cap hit but he should be the highest paid WR, he's the best in the NFL.

9 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

He still screwed them out of a possible Super Bowl season. The Steelers and their fans won’t ever get it back, but he will most definitely make the money back he lost and more. 

What?  There's no way he's making that money back.  You obviously don't know the numbers.

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

So odd they dont pay Mack but they pay this 31 y/o diva. I dont get it. And weren't they shopping around Carr??!?

Gruden is trying to get Brown, Bell and Kyler Murray. That’s per Ben Allbright. I think he will get the 1st two and will trade Carr and pick 4 to Arizona  to move up to 1.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Raiders were the one team that made the most sense. Idk how the rest of the locker room there will feel about it though. Ownership willing to pay all this money to AB but werent willing to pay for players who were part of the team for years, with Mack & Cooper?

I'll admit that when i heard AB was coming here i got all excited, but now that it didnt happen I think it's for the best.

He'll probably have a good season this year but he could easily check out on the team as well.

Brown is way better than Cooper and they got 3 1st rounders for those 2 guys. Mack is great, but I see the end game for Gruden. 

• Like (+1) 1

Our GM did his job.  He inquired about the guy, worked on a possible trade, and it didn't work out.  The reasons are immaterial.  Whether it was Brown balking or the price of a new contract or both.  Time to move on.

Oh, and we also will sign  some FAs and not sign others.   If we don't sign a guy you might like the GM also won't be failing.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, DBilz2500 said:

Oakland/Vegas is seen as a much happening city than Buffalo especially to a young rich single black man-plenty more prostitutes, much warmer and more gambling. No way he’d ever agree to come to Buffalo....

I don’t think it has anything to do with that. It’s always about guaranteed money. It was the same thing with Shady. They both wanted more guaranteed money in their deals. Steelers wouldn't do it for AB. Rosenhous’s end game for AB, as it was with Shady, as it is for all agents and players, is to get the most guaranteed money as possible. Whaley gave it to Shady - who went from 0 gtd to 13 mill gtd. Beane did not.  AB went from 0 to 30+. 

I also heard the Pittsburgh reporters talking about it and they said the trade comp was directly related to the contract. The bigger the contract, the less the Bills were willing to trade in order to mitigate risk. It just didn’t work out for both sides. AB was only going to report to whichever team gave him this deal. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bargain for the Raiders

On paper I agree. Brown never makes anything easy or stress free. He is an awesome talent. Let’s see how he likes playing for a franchise with a dysfunctional  history verses one of the most classy. This is the kind of deal it needed to be for it to get done. Teams just didn’t want to give up a high pick AND then turn around and rework Browns contract. 

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

On paper I agree. Brown never makes anything easy or stress free. He is an awesome talent. Let’s see how he likes playing for a franchise with a dysfunctional  history verses one of the most classy. This is the kind of deal it needed to be for it to get done. Teams just didn’t want to give up a high pick AND then turn around and rework Browns contract. 

I honestly don’t think he cares as long as he gets the ball and his money. 

John Elway didn’t want to go to Baltimore. Eli Gump (and Daddy Gump) didn’t want to go to San Diego. MAYBE Antonio Brown didn’t want to go to Buffalo... but unlike the Colts and Chargers, it doesn’t matter at all because the move never happened. 

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I honestly don’t think he cares as long as he gets the ball and his money. 

Probably right. He will fit right in with the Raider way. 

basically Gruden traded Cooper for a first and and then got back the best wide receiver for a 3rd and 5th. On the surface Gruden does look  pretty savvy.  

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

No way trade comp was the issue.  We clearly handled that to get to the phase where we were negotiating with AB/Rosenhaus.  

We werent willing to pay him what Oakland was, and I’m 100% ok with that.   I’m sure Beane figured why not try, given the weak comp needed to cough up for an elite player, but nobody planned on it going public.  

We clearly weren’t alone given it took this long, and only one team was willing to pay a 31 year old WR close to $20 mil per with $30 mil guaranteed over 3 years.  

Someone from the Steelers leaked it. We would never have known that he inquired. 

From the BN article:

Late Thursday night, NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport tweeted that the Bills and Steelers were closing in on a trade that would send Brown to Buffalo. The report came as news to Beane, who had intended to say nothing publicly about the Bills’ interest in Brown.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Catch up on these (fill in the blank)... you not schooling me on nothing... You think you know inside information when you're just reaching and going into theories... I'm giving you the facts... The fact is, the man said straight up, he doesn't want to play for the Bills... The money stuff and Buffalo not wanting to pay him is just a theory you got...

You didn't hear him say that.  That's a fact.  The only thing you got from AB directly is an Instagram that read "fake news" about the trade (which was true as the trade had been dead for a couple days by that point.)  You just heard reports that he wouldn't show up which might or might not be accurate.  $$$ talks.  Reading Vic Carucci's story it seemed to me $$$ was the issue from Beane's side.  And that's fine.  Would have been cool to have AB.  It will be cool to have all those picks and the players they will add in 72 hours.  Bills will be alright.

Edited by purple haze