Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

Please let it be to the Raiders, the true dumpster fire of the NFL.  I can't wait to see Gruden and Brown eat each other alive.  

Then, when we play them, I hope we really let Brown have it.

22 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Why would Buffalo offer a trade for Brown and not expect him to want to be the highest paid wr? I dont undertand that.  I thought it was common knowledge he wanted more money because he was out of guaranteed cash.  Sounds bizarre.  Of the teams in question buffalo has the most money and cap space.

Exactly.  Which is why I don’t believe money was the issue.  I think that’s OBD spin.

Just now, mannc said:

Exactly.  Which is why I don’t believe money was the issue.  I think that’s OBD spin.

What else would it be?  Brown can say all he wants he wasnt turning down more money.  No differant than McCoy.  Do the trade and negotiate the deal.

30 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Please let it be to the Raiders, the true dumpster fire of the NFL.  I can't wait to see Gruden and Brown eat each other alive.  

Then, when we play them, I hope we really let Brown have it.

Plus, AB would make Carr cry again. After he misses him or doesn't look his way during a game. 

18 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

What else would it be?  Brown can say all he wants he wasnt turning down more money.  No differant than McCoy.  Do the trade and negotiate the deal.

He did not want to play for the Bills.  

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I wonder if his entire body gets tired, or just his hands???

Or is there an exhausted puppet master up top? 

Hate to quote myself, but I apologize if that was some new kind of sign language he was trying. 

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Feel free to be technical all you like to make yourself right. It’s all good. I’m not emotional at all. You are right, they have a lot of picks. The extra 4,5, and 7 are premium extras 

It's not me you have a beef with.  It's the value chart.  

D0QsPSWXgAEgQOh.jpg:large

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

He's gonna love playing on a baseball field the next 2 years in Oakland.

If that were the case, you’d think the Raiders would be selling tickets for 2019, which they are not.

My guess, he’s gonna play in a crap 36,000 seat stadium in Whitney, NV, which they’ll have to share with owner/operator UNLV...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Boyd_Stadium

Edited by The Senator

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I hate to EVER give Geoff Schwartz credit for anything, because he is a stubborn, arrogant goon. But he's pretty correct here:

Bills seem to be in better shape with those four mains than they have been in a long while. (need more consistency at LT, and maybe another pass rusher.)

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Bills seem to be in better shape with those four mains than they have been in a long while. (need more consistency at LT, and maybe another pass rusher.)

Yep, I agree.

I think the Bills figure they likely have three of the four secure. QB, CB, and LT. They just need their edge rusher. Murphy's just a complimentary piece and Hughes is closer to the end of his career than the beginning. This explains the current rumors about the Bills having serious interest in Frank Clark.

I will not be surprised in the least bit if the Bills draft an edge rusher at #9 or trade for a recently franchised guy.

Edited by Logic

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

I hate to EVER give Geoff Schwartz credit for anything, because he is a stubborn, arrogant goon. But he's pretty correct here:

Yes, Geoff.  You have nothing to back up that statement.  That's why the top WRs are paid as highly as any position other than QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yep, I agree.

I think the Bills figure they likely have three of the four secure. QB, CB, and LT. They just need their edge rusher. Murphy's just a complimentary piece and Hughes is closer to the end of his career than the beginning. This explains the current rumors about the Bills having serious interest in Frank Clark.

I will not be surprised in the least bit if the Bills draft an edge rusher at #9 or trade for a recently franchised guy.

I will say, I heard an interesting piece on Move the Sticks podcast a couple months ago about how they (Brooks and Jeremiah) were wondering if the league was moving away from this. They said if they were to put it into terms now they would say 12 blue chip/above average players to make a contender. 

1 QB (obviously) 

3 Offensive playmakers/difference makers 

3 Offensive linemen

2 Pass rushers

3 Back end defenders who make a difference. 

So for us that would look like: 

Allen

McCoy?, ?, ?

Dawkins, Teller?, ? 

Hughes, Alexander?

White, Poyer, Hyde (but edmunds and Milano would be on this list as well.) 

I thought it was an interesting idea because it takes away from the idea of position and looks more at overall quality of the team at the various levels. It doesn't matter if you have a stud CB if you have two good safeties who can cover some of the blank spots (they spoke about how CB play in the NFL is getting worse and worse and less valued as well). I think the idea here is that it's about finding playmakers and then building a system to fit them. They also spoke a bit about how positions are becoming more vague in the NFL these days. It really made me think. 

Edited by whatdrought

Just now, whatdrought said:

I will say, I heard an interesting piece on Move the Sticks podcast a couple months ago about how they (Brooks and Jeremiah) were wondering if the league was moving away from this. They said if they were to put it into terms now they would say 12 blue chip/above average players to make a contender. 

1 QB (obviously) 

3 Offensive playmakers/difference makers 

3 Offensive linemen

2 Pass rushers

3 Back end defenders who make a difference. 

So for us that would look like: 

Allen

McCoy?, ?, ?

Dawkins, Teller?, ? 

Hughes, Alexander?

White, Poyer, Hyde (but edmunds and Milano would be on this list as well.) 

I thought it was an interesting idea because it takes away from the idea of position and looks more at overall quality of the team at the various levels. It doesn't matter if you have a stud CB if you have two good safeties who can cover some of the blank spots (they spoke about how CB play in the NFL is getting worse and worse and less valued as well). I think the idea here is that it's about finding playmakers and then building a system to fit them. It really made me think. 

Very interesting. 

There certainly does seem to be a formula for winning that is not just as simple as "Get a coach, get a QB". I USED to think that was all that was needed, but the careers of QBs from Dan Fouts, to Dan Marino, to Philip Rivers, to Andrew Luck so far, even to how few rings Peyton Manning won...It's NOT just coach and QB.

Get a QB, protect him. Get to the opposition's QB and affect him. That's still the gist. HOW that all is done seems to be fungible. 

The biggest changes I see are interior pass rushers becoming as important as edge rushers, and consequently centers and guards becoming more important than they used to be. Additionally, right tackle has become a more premium position, as more and more top line edge rushers line up on the left.

Football's strategic evolution is so ***** interesting.