Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

I am not in favor of AB coming here... I am one that thinks he is more trouble than he is worth... that being said, I can see a scenario where things are still happening behind the scenes.  I have read Vic's story... I know that the official story is the deal is dead... but Beane's statement did not entirely say that Brown will not be coming here.  He said we are moving on.  We are all grasping at every little shred of info, but we have learned that Beane plays the poker game well... and the cards have all not yet been revealed.  

28 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Carucci, gives the EXACT story of what happened. There is a ton of misinformation out there

Sorry, I went back a few pages and didn’t see it. Does anyone have a link, page number or a summary?  Thx! 

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

In most cases, yes of course.  However, this was a different circumstance.  A report broke he WAS being traded here, so our GM had to address it as GM's don't normally address rumors anyways.  But this was not a typical rumor, it was running on NFL.com, NFL Network, ESPN etc that it was happening.  

And they said they are moving on, but that doesn't mean the second party has abandoned hope.  If the issue was Browns contract, and suddenly Brown is faced with no trade or relaxing on his contract demands, the Steelers will call everyone back and let them know.  And if Bills had best offer, they certainly will call the Bills.  So, if they do that and its in the ball park of what Beane was comfortable with, then I am sure Beane will listen. 

All that being said, I also don't think he will be a Bill just given I haven't heard anything suggesting we really still are involved other than a couple posts on TSW where someone said they heard it on the radio 12 hours ago.  But, I can see how its still possible.  

ESPN did not report anything Thursday night while NFL Network had it as their major story.  It was very odd, but Rappaport felt confident in his source I guess.

I think Beane looked at his contract demands combined with his childish antics the last year and said forget it.

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

ESPN did not report anything Thursday night while NFL Network had it as their major story.  It was very odd, but Rappaport felt confident in his source I guess.

I watched the tale end of sports center and the two anchors lead into SVP.   The one said SVP wlll report the news.  Steve Levy said “only if it is accurate”.   I didn’t think anything of it until a few minutes later I decided to check TBD because I was bored.  I was no longer bored. 

Edited by BillsfaninSB

11 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

Yeh it took a ridiculous contract but I just feel like alot of his clients have balked at the idea of Buffalo under his advice. 

I don't think DR cares as long as he can get the most money for his client.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

This.

Also, Gm's don't make public statements stating that they have pulled out of trade talks only to secretly continue said trade talks. 

Brown won't be a Bill.

Furthermore, I'd bet 2 boxes of Flutie Flakes that he'll be a Raider or a Saint.

It's more unlikely than likely that AB winds up on the Bills.

However, it's possible.  From Carucci's article it seemed like the hold up wasn't Buffalo or the Bills.

It was money.  AB wants what he wants.  Period.  The other conjecture came from media types,

and "sources" etc.  AB has never said anything about the Bills or Buffalo.  He jus said the trade 

report was "fake news" which as it turns out it was.  The deal was already dead by the time the 

report was given by Rapoport. So, in that regard, it was "fake news."  

The hold up for AB and is $$$.  The hold up for the Bills seems to be the $$$ AB wants in

conjunction with the compensation the Steelers are wanting.  No team, thus far, has been willing

to meet both of those dynamics.  If there was a team willing to do both the deal would have been

made already.  The Steelers will have to come down off whatever their compensation demands

are.  AB might have to come down a bit from 18-20 million dollars, if that is an accurate figure.

Bills could still be in it.  It is lying season after all.

Edited by purple haze

Raiders were the one team that made the most sense. Idk how the rest of the locker room there will feel about it though. Ownership willing to pay all this money to AB but werent willing to pay for players who were part of the team for years, with Mack & Cooper?

I'll admit that when i heard AB was coming here i got all excited, but now that it didnt happen I think it's for the best.

He'll probably have a good season this year but he could easily check out on the team as well.

So, won’t pay Cooper or Mack, but will pay the 31 year old receiver.  

Won’t come to Buffalo, but wants to play in Oakland who is in more of a rebuild than we are and a tougher division.  

Yeah....I’m good 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Thank christ this was not us

Yes, sure would suck to have one of the top four receivers in the league for Josh Allen to throw to.  And our receiving corps is so deep...

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

All the drama of this aside, the Steelers got hosed on this trade. 

Screwed by their own player. Brown wanted a new deal. Him and his agent purposely tanked his trade value. As you saw in the Vic. C. article teams weren’t going to trade away high picks AND redo his deal. It was an either or scenario.

I hate the way the players control the NBA, this was a close second. Brown cost his employer value to better his own situation. Good for him I guess but bad for the league.