Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So much for AB announcing it shortly yesterday lol

My guess is the market for him is essentially zero. The Steelers don't want to take the trades being offered and Brown won't go to Buffalo. So theyre stuck. If Im pittsburgh Id really consider just keeping him and benching him if the trade market is really bad. 

But we will see what happens when the deal is eventually done. Id bet that AB is a little surprised right now at how few teams (and how little those teams) are willing to trade for him. I think he thought the top teams were going to falling over themselves to make a deal.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jletha said:

My guess is the market for him is essentially zero. The Steelers don't want to take the trades being offered and Brown won't go to Buffalo. So theyre stuck. If Im pittsburgh Id really consider just keeping him and benching him if the trade market is really bad. 

But we will see what happens when the deal is eventually done. Id bet that AB is a little surprised right now at how few teams (and how little those teams) are willing to trade for him. I think he thought the top teams were going to falling over themselves to make a deal.

My guess is he lands with the Raiders, wherever they’re playing this season.  But no one knows what’s being discussed.  If the Raiders are only offering pick #27 (they may not even be offering that - they may be offering pick #35) and not willing to meet Brown’s demand for a new contract, he may well remain with the Steelers...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/how-antonio-brown-killed-bills-trade-and-the-steelers-options-with-diva-wr-moving-forward/

Supposedly, the trade was to be finalized and announced by this afternoon.  Well, it’s almost 2 o’clock on the East Coast and nothing’s happened.

21 minutes ago, jletha said:

The thing is, they would have, if he hadn’t gone completely insane. Before all this crap, 31 teams in the league would have wanted him. The asking price would have easily been 2 1sts. So if his end game was to really be traded I think he would have just shut up. At least his agent would have told him that, maybe he didn’t listen. It really makes me think his end game was outright release. If that is the case, he’s played the situation perfectly so far. 

9 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

The thing is, they would have, if he hadn’t gone completely insane. Before all this crap, 31 teams in the league would have wanted him. The asking price would have easily been 2 1sts. So if his end game was to really be traded I think he would have just shut up. At least his agent would have told him that, maybe he didn’t listen. It really makes me think his end game was outright release. If that is the case, he’s played the situation perfectly so far. 

Agreed they would have prior to the end of the season. But nobody wants an old, annoying player that ruins locker rooms and wants a new deal that they have to give up assets for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I don’t think the steelers really benefit at all from an outright release. The money is almost the same. They’re better off holding on and hoping someone trades for him mid season after an injury or something. 

Edited by jletha

1 minute ago, Magnum Force said:

Other than Oakland....does anyone know who the other 2 teams are?   This is turning into a circus.....sort of reminiscent of  Lebron James' "The Decision" 

I heard Titans and Washington. Neither are very inspiring from a football perspective. Certainly not much better off than we are. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Story is believable to me based on what i have heard about him being a diva- not a process guy at all.

As this guy said, there are countless stories like this about him, and everyone around the league knows it. Another interesting point that Cowherd made.....he didn’t come into the league like this as a 6th round pick. The money and the Steelers culture allows them to morph into this. L. Bell sat a whole year for what? He’ll never get that $14mil back. 

He’s def a dousche bag kinda guy-I went to college out near Pittsburgh and literally bumped into him at the airport once. He dropped something and I picked it up for him. He didn’t say thank you and even commented that I needed to “watch yo self.” He saw my Bills shirt on and then said, “y’all still got a team up there?” Not a pleasant experience in any way. 

54 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I only drop deuces at home also... nothing odd about it...

I wish I was so lucky. I live by the “any port in a storm” theory. What happens when you go out of town? Was AB only going to play home games? Think that might hav been the contract holdup? We could be on to something.....BREAKING NEWS! 

4 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

So if the asking price is dropping, why aren't the Bills back in the game? This is a question for the "AB didn't want to be here" deniers.

Let's get back in the game.

I actually don’t think it’s impossible (and posted as much elsewhere). Assuming he has a relationship with McCoy (they share an agent) I think it’s possible Shady, and others, got on the phone and told him that The team isn’t that bad. McCoy loves Allen too, so he’d talk him up. It’s possible they other options aren’t any better and the steelers call us back up asking if the deal is still on the table. Problem is that it likely isn’t at the same value. 

Edited by jletha
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Other than Oakland....does anyone know who the other 2 teams are?   This is turning into a circus.....sort of reminiscent of  Lebron James' "The Decision" 

Buffalo still has an interest IMO. 

I love Buffalo , but generally speaking its not going to be a favorable landing spot for most players.  I get that,

On the other hand Buffalo's top 3 D, Allen, and Bills HC McD are changing the playing field IMO.

Its possible AB could have a change of heart in my humble opinion.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, jletha said:

I actually don’t think it’s impossible. Assuming he has a relationship with McCoy (they share an agent) I think it’s possible Shady, and others, got on the phone and told him that The team isn’t that bad. McCoy loves Allen too, so he’d talk him up. It’s possible they other options aren’t any better and the steelers call us back up asking if the deal is still on the table. Problem is that it likely isn’t at the same value. 

Thanks for the well thought out response. I was being somewhat glib because there's a great deal of spin that it was Beane who pulled out because the asking price was too high. I believe it's apparent that AB stated he didn't want to be here. Point being, if it wasn't that AB didn't want to be here, we should definitely be back in the hunt.

Just now, Figster said:

Buffalo still has an interest IMO. 

I love Buffalo , but generally speaking its not going to be a favorable landing spot for most players.  I get that,

On the other hand Buffalo's top 3 D, Allen, and Bills HC McD are changing the playing field IMO.

Its possible AB could have a change of heart in my humble opinion.

I already feel jilted

• Thank you (+1) 1